mgoncalves10
    mgoncalves10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Monday's Picks

Boston Bruins -127 - The Bruins are coming off three wins in their last four games. Two of those wins came away from home, against the Stars and the Flyers. Their offense also looks to have gotten into a rhythm, scoring 18 goals in their last 5 games. On the defensive end, they have conceded at least two goals in four of their last five, which could make for a high scoring affair against the Islanders, who can also score goals, but aren't so great at keeping opponents from scoring. The Islanders beat the Bruins twice this season, once at home and once in Boston. They also outscored the Bruins 8-4 in those two games. The hosts come into Monday night's game having lost two straight at home against the Penguins and the Blues. They also conceded 9 goals in those two matches. With Boston coming off a solid win against the Kings and a blowout 6-1 win over the Flyers in their last match, I have to lean on the B's to grab the W in NY. With Poulin and Johnson likely in between the pipes for both sides, the O5.5 could also have some value.

More picks to follow

mgoncalves10

Pittsburgh Penguins -268 - We have ourselves a meeting of leaders and bottom dwellers on Monday night. Pittsburgh takes on last placed Buffalo, and the hosts will take on the worst offensive team in the Easter Conference with only 97 goals scored in 50 matches. That has them at just under 2 goals per game. But this Sabres team is deceiving. They went into Columbus and took a a red hot Blue Jackets team, and just when everyone thought they would get trampled, they won 5-2. Not what I was expecting! But prior to that game, they had lost 5 straight, and four of those losses were at home. On the road, Buffalo has only managed to win 2 from their last 10. Looking at the standings, I can't help but think to play the -1.5 for the Penguins, seeing as the ML (-268) is very high. But from their last 10 games, Buffalo has only lost by 2 or more goals twice, and those games were at home against the hurricans (3-5) and away against the Wild (4-1). From Pittsburgh's last 10 games played at home, they have covered the -1.5 four times. Those four came against the Canadians in their last home match, Rangers, Wild and Maple Leafs. Coming off a loss in Dallas (3-0), I would imagine the Pengs would come out hungry at home, but I think the 'safe' bet would be the ML.

Now obviously Pittsburgh's offense is capable of lighting up the Sabres, but with Ryan Miller in net, that -1.5 becomes a toss-up for me. I may stick to the ML, but the longer I think about it, i may be inclined to take the puck line... Decisions, decisions.

mgoncalves10

Columbus Blue Jackets +113 - Looking at this match, I find it somewhat difficult to put my finger on a clear winner. Yes the Jackets have shown that they are playing much better, as they've won 8 of their last 10. They were on an 8 game winning streak, until the Sabres came into town and spoiled the party. From those eight wins, the Jackets scored at least 3 goals in each of those games. But the Sabres put a stop to that, as they beat them 5-2. Columbus now takes on Carolina, who have won three straight, and four of their last five. Of their last three wins, two were against the Sabres and Flyers. The Flyers had a good run, but are sputtering again. Their latest came at home against the Senators, who are a fairly physical team, and they knocked them off 6-3. The Jackets are also a physical team, so the Canes will be in for another tough match, and not to mention they will be dealing with Sergei Bobrovsky. After seeing their streak come to an end against the Sabres, I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Jackets get back on track behind their Vezina winning goalie.

Another note: from their last 10 meetings home and away, only Columbus has won at home. Carolina has one win in those 10 games, and that was in Columbus in September of 2013.

mgoncalves10

Dallas Stars -126 -Dallas' offense if clicking, and defensively, they are doing a good job of making things difficult for their opponents. After losing six of seven, they have bounced back with three consecutive wins against the Wild, Leafs and Penguins. In those three games, they've only conceded once against the Leafs, while they've scored 14. They took down the leafs after Toronto's offense had been a great stretch, and a 3-0 victory over the Penguins is a good win as well. Up next they welcome the Avs to town, who have lose 2 of three. They started their road trip off with a win over the Panthers, but lost 5-2 the next day in Tampa Bay. Kari Lehtonen has been impressive as of late, and while he hasn't been confirmed, he is the likely starter for tonight. His record against the Avs hasn't been all that flattering, but coming off a shutout against the Pengs potent offense, he should be full of confidence. Varlamov has been confirmed for the Avs tonight. He gave up 2 goals on 11 shots against the Bolts on Saturday, but his 8-1-1 record in January will allow him to stay confident. Dallas has won three of their last four against the Avs at home, and I think they make it four wins in a row tonight.

mgoncalves10

Under 5.5 Canucks/Oilers -127 - Looking at this matchup, you would give the Canucks the edge primarily because they are at home, and the Oilers are pretty bad. Other than their 5-1 home win over Nashville on Sunday night, the Oilers had lost 7 of their last 8 games. On the road, they've lost 11 of their last 12. Their only win in that stretch came against the fantastic Calgary Flames. With 7 straight defeats away from home, I find it hard to believe that the Oilers will go into Vancouver, where they've lost 7 of their last nine, and win. But, seeing as the ML for the Canucks is at -210, I'm thinking that the Under might provide the best value. If I had to pick a side, i'd take the Canucks, but seeing as both offenses aren't that great, the under looks appealing as well. Yes they are both coming off high scoring games, but 11 of their last 14 meetings in Vancouver have gone Under 5.5. And adding to that is Henrik Sedin's absence, who is the Canucks leading scorer.

mgoncalves10

San Jose Sharks -143 - Los Angeles is struggling, and in a bad way. Losers of 5 straight, and 12 of 16, the Kings head to San Jose to take on a side that has won six straight. The last time the away team won when these two sides meet in San Jose was in 2011. Since then, San Jose has won nine straight, and eight of nine have been decided by one goal. The Sharks are playing some good hockey, while Joe Pavelski is on a great streak. He will look to help his side make it 10 wins in their last 11 at home, and given LA's nine losses away from home in their last 10, the Sharks could have a good chance of coming out on top.

When both these teams meet, it's normally a good game, but with SJ playing well, and LA having all sorts of problems on the road and in San Jose, I can't convince myself not to take the Sharks.

GL to everyone, and hopefully my insight helps to bring in some cash for tomorrow's 11 NHL games.

jonnyboy21
    jonnyboy21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1455

They are all reasonable plays. I'm on Bruins and Pens both -1. Gl

mgoncalves10

GL!