mgoncalves10
    mgoncalves10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Jan 21st Picks

Anaheim Ducks (-230) I hate to take the chance on such a big favorite, but seeing how the Jets have played under their new coach, taking the PL makes me a bit nervous. Not to mention I ran into the same situation last night with the Sharks, and Calgary made things very difficult. Obviously the Ducks are capable of running up the score, but I think the safe bet here is to play the Ducks in a parlay with the ML.

Florida Panthers (+105) Neither of these teams are great, but the Florida Panthers have shown some positive hockey at times as of late. The Sabres have lost 4 of their last 5. Three of those games were at home (Blue Jackets, Flyers & Panthers) Meanwhile the Panthers have also lost 3 of their last 5, but what makes me lean towards the Panthers is their result on Monday night. Going into Pittsburgh and winning isn't all that easy, especially when you win by a score of 5-1. I think the players will be full of confidence going up against the worst offense in the Eastern Conference.

St. Louis Blues (-125) The Blues ended a 2 game skid last night in Detroit, by beating the Red Wings 1-4. They lost two straight home games, but it was only a matter of time before they bounced back. They now come into NJ to take on a Devils side that has not been all that consistent this season. They average nearly 2 goals against per home match, which will go very well for a Blues team have the 2nd most points away from home in all of the NHL. St. Louis has won their last 3 visits to NJ, While they've also won 4 of their last 5 meetings overall.

*Another possibility in this game is the U5. Cory Schneider has been very solid in net for the Devils, but his goal support has not helped. I think goals could be at a premium tonight in NJ, especially with the Blues coming off a back-to-back situation*

Canucks / Oilers (Under 5.5) (-121) The Canucks will begin a 15 day span without their head coach, who was suspended after he lost his his shit against the Calgary Flames. That fight at the beginning of the game did not sit well with him, so after trying to get into the Calgary Flames lockerroom, he has been suspended without pay. Adding to that concern is the fact that Henrik Sedin will miss the game with an injury. They both have only 2 wins in their last 10, so I see this game being a big game of suck! If I had to pick a side, I'd go with the Canucks primarily because the Oilers are very bad, but I think the Under has some good value here.

I will post a few more picks in an hour or so. Share your opinions

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Nice thread!

I did a parlay with Anaheim ml
    StL (+1) / Anaheim (mL)
    1.05 units to win 1 unit

I may just lay a small wager on the Under for the Blues-Devs too. Sounds like a strong play.

mgoncalves10
    mgoncalves10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Thanks! I am also thinking of leaning on the Avs... The Leafs have picked it up as of late, but I think the Avs put an end to that tonight.

Outsiders for me: Capitals, Blue Jackets