Razor3880
    Razor3880's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

Tuesday NHL Play!

Panthers/Sabres

The 27th place Florida Panthers will travel to upstate New York to face the 30th place Buffalo Sabres in a game that is probably not in the radars of too many outside of those cities (if that). While this may be the battle of the bottom feeders to most, this could be a game worth looking at for sports bettors.

First of all, the most significant aspect of this line is the fact that this is actually the first game of the season in which the Sabres are favored. With Buffalo coming off three straight losses and about to face a team that just destroyed the Penguins, does this make any sense? Initially no, seeing from which the last time these two met in Buffalo less than two weeks ago, the Sabres were +117 dogs.

Let's face it though. Everytime the Panthers have beaten a top team, they have followed up with a letdown (with the mere exception of when they beat Colorado early in the season and beat Vancouver the game after). The simple fact is, Florida is a very young team with little structure and identity. Knowing that they just defeated the best team in the East last night and will now get to face the worst team in the league, they are likely in celebration mode. Expect them to come out and take the Sabres lightly, because if there is any team for Florida to underestimate in this situation, it would be the only team ranked below them in the conference.

While many teams can take a night off against a weak club any given outing, Buffalo is clearly not one of them. They are in sole position of last place, but have definitely showed some fight in them recently, especially since their top forwards have been back in the lineup. The Sabres are definitely a better home team than they are on the road, and have been facing some very tough opponents lately. They were able to force their last two games into a shootout, but today will try to avoid that and play according to their solid defensive system.

In essence, the line itself is a pure suggestion that this will be a bad matchup for Florida tonight. The Panthers are simply too inexperienced... and with big wins coming few and far between, this will be a game where their mindset will make them very vulnerable to skating themselves into mistakes against a team that will be motivated and prepared.

Sabres ml -120

mgoncalves10
    mgoncalves10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I actually think Florida will come out full of confidence tonight against the Sabres. Last time the Panthers went to Buffalo, they were coming off a defeat against the Canadians and managed to beat the Sabres in a shootout. Beating the Penguins the way they did last night, I could very well see the Panthers grabbing the W here.

GL

Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

Panthers looking hungry. GL but a stay away for me. Will be a good watch

Razor3880
    Razor3880's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

Quote Originally Posted by mgoncalves10 View Post
    I actually think Florida will come out full of confidence tonight against the Sabres. Last time the Panthers went to Buffalo, they were coming off a defeat against the Canadians and managed to beat the Sabres in a shootout. Beating the Penguins the way they did last night, I could very well see the Panthers grabbing the W here.

GL
    I definitely see your perspective and it makes alot of sense...I was just looking at it from a different angle...Them being favored for the first time this season was just too much for me to ignore I guess GL