SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Islanders at Rangers

Back Islanders at Rangers

By: Bob Harvey

With a perfect 4-0-0 record this season against their Big Apple rivals, play the Islanders tonight at the Rangers.

The Isles are my pick tonight as they look to continue their recent dominance of the Rangers.

The Islanders are 4-0-0 against their fellow New York skaters this season but for some unexplained reason, they’re a very live dog tonight. In their four meetings this season, the Islanders have outscored the Rangers 18-10 and a victory tonight guarantees the Isles their first winning season against the Rangers since the 2001-02 season.

The Rangers are 3-1-2 in their last six home games. The Islanders, though, are 7-2-3 in their last 12 on the road, where they've won two straight. I'll go with the road dog tonight.

Play: Islanders +120
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 07-21-14 at 10:59 AM.

SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's a New York vs New York skate. Back the Islanders as 'road' underdogs tonight against the Rangers.

Both teams playing for their playoff lives. The Islanders are on a nice 7-1-2 run and hold the sixth spot in the East while the Rangers are on the outside looking in, six points behind their Uniondale rivals.

The Broadway Blueshirts' main problem has been defnding home ice where they are 14-19 on the year and just 2-3 on this crucial homestand. Another key point is the Rangers' 2-9 record in their last 11 against teams with winning records.

The Islanders, on the other hand, are taking care of business when they should winning six of eight against sub .500s. The Islanders are also 8-5 in the series post-strike, including a 5-2 mark at Madison Square Garden. No reason to pass on the very live road dog visitors here, take the Islanders.

Play: Islanders -120
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 07-21-14 at 10:59 AM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The only way I could even think about this game is to take the Rangers, but I'm passing on it.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I already played the Rangers for a couple units.