zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

So Islanders get Vanek...

in a trade against Moulson and 2 picks.

What exactly are they trying to do? Trade him again soon? He's in the last year of his contract.

Henkka
    Henkka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 820

Garth Snow playing some Russian Roulette it seems. He must be sure Vanek will sign with them.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
    Garth Snow playing some Russian Roulette it seems. He must be sure Vanek will sign with them.
    Yeah I don't get it. Either that, or they want something else... Not sure what though.

Henkka
    Henkka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 820

Well, for sure it seems really weird for us because we don't know what he's thinking. I would think Vanek wants to test free agency after the season and if he does and doesn't sign with the isles, who would be stupid enough to trade for him? The way i see it, if Vanek doesn't sign with the isles, they just lost 2 pretty high draft-picks.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
    Well, for sure it seems really weird for us because we don't know what he's thinking. I would think Vanek wants to test free agency after the season and if he does and doesn't sign with the isles, who would be stupid enough to trade for him? The way i see it, if Vanek doesn't sign with the isles, they just lost 2 pretty high draft-picks.
    Exactly. Will be interesting to hear what they have to say to this.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Doesn't seem to make sense so I'm guessing Moulson rejected contract offers from the Isles but I also do not see him signing in Buffalo either so that would explain the 1st and 2nd thrown in as well so Buffalo isn't totally fleeced when Moulson walks this summer.

To go from playing with Tavares to…. NO ONE in Buffalo is not gonna help Moulson rack up the stats for this summer's impending free agent frenzy though

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Doesn't seem to make sense so I'm guessing Moulson rejected contract offers from the Isles but I also do not see him signing in Buffalo either so that would explain the 1st and 2nd thrown in as well so Buffalo isn't totally fleeced when Moulson walks this summer.

To go from playing with Tavares to…. NO ONE in Buffalo is not gonna help Moulson rack up the stats for this summer's impending free agent frenzy though
    Yeah, I would understand that, but Vanek is in the last year of his contract and I doubt he will sign with the Isles... So if it goes bad for them they lost 2 picks and a player nonetheless. Doesn't seem to make much sense imo, but what do I know.

Bill_Hicks
    Bill_Hicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11285

Sources say VANEK to minny next year. We shall see.

xxx
    xxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28270

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post

have moulson on my fantasy team, might have to drop him soon !

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Moulson > Vanek

Sabres with an absolute fleece job here. What the hell is NY thinking? 1st rounder next year and a 2nd rounder in 2014? Those will likely be high draft picks too.

NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

Uhh.. Moulson will resign with the isles in the off season. Vanek-Tavares will light it up those picks won't be high at all. Isles make the playoffs and go on a run if they can get decent goaltending. A playoff run vs two picks for isles fans is a no brainer.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Quote Originally Posted by xxx View Post
    have moulson on my fantasy team, might have to drop him soon !
    I wouldn't go that far

Someone has to score in Buffalo and he will get plenty of ice time there.

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

Sabres will have no interest in re-signing Moulson....Look for them to trade him for more picks/prospects...They are doing some serious stock piling.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_Hicks View Post
    Sources say VANEK to minny next year. We shall see.
    Doubt it. He will want a big long term contract. Supposedly the Sabres were willing to make Vanek the highest paid player in the NHL...now while I believe that is an easy statement to say as Vanek walks out the door, it doesn't mean that it's not going to take big bucks to secure his services. The Wild have Parise for 8 more years on a max contract. They aren't paying Vanek huge dollars to be a second line left winger. I get the U of M connection, other than that the dollars don't make sense. The only way I see the Wild interested is if they can get him on the cheap.

As far as the trade, they are both rentals and you could see Vanek or Moulson traded again before the end of the season. Doubt either sign an extension. The Sabres are stock piling draft picks and obviously looking to get younger. Miller gone next? Either way, Sabres going to be heavily undervalued by the books and faded by the public even more going forward.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

So now it's Habs or what?
    If so, they seem to be confident that he'll sign again.

CatHawk
    Update your status
    CatHawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3609

MTL acquire Vanek

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Islanders lost big time in their move(s) with Vanek here.