djmano
    djmano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Am I missing something about hockey odds?

Are hockey odds reversed or something because I've lost like 8 out of 10 games betting ML favorites. just wanted to make sure the pluses and minuses weren't backwards for hockey.....

NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

Lol hockey isn't like NFL or NBA were u can bet ML favs and expect to win. Take tonight for example no ML is leading

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Hockey is fkn bullshit. Its all bounces and luck

Linngari
    Update your status
    Linngari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7688

Nhl is brutal. I can only win in the playoffs.

NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

Lol hope u didn't bet the favs tonight pit OTT fla all look like they'll lose. STL maybe

djmano

from what ive experiened so far why wouldnt u just take the dog at + money every game? seems like every game is a coin flip anyway.

djmano

actually i had one dog on my card navspicks but guess what it was toronto lol.

FilletMaster
    FilletMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

luck of the puck.. as i say this i'm big on colorado lol.. but i passed on pitt and stl

FilletMaster
    FilletMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

you want to play ml favs.. i'd go with soccer, no turkish leagues

BigAlB
    BigAlB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Hockey is all bounces.. one of the worst comments I've seen this year. Honestly a big part of it is bounces and luck but also I find with hockey it's about just determining which team is gonna have their game best on each particular night.

cotes17
    cotes17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    Hockey is fkn bullshit. Its all bounces and luck
    Not even close... i love watching football but thats more luck than hockey is. Its bounces off the hands and gets intercepted half the time and everything depends on the spot of the ball my the Ref. Your telling me that a face paced play can be brought down to inches by a ref? give me a break. Its the game that requires the most skill to play, i wouldnt call it bounces and luck

cotes17

Quote Originally Posted by djmano View Post
    from what ive experiened so far why wouldnt u just take the dog at + money every game? seems like every game is a coin flip anyway.
    Dogs have just as good of a shot of winning as favs do. looking at how they matchup against each other and how their play styles will work against each other is a good way to look at it

rainman416
    rainman416's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 994

I think hockey is very different than the other main sports on here (baseball, basketball, football..).. Looking for the big ML favourite that will win each night is not as profitable as looking for the +money dogs that have a "better than the odds suggest" chance of winning.

For example, last night, ANA had a very good chance of winning, simply because they are (aside from two losses in a row to other good teams), one of the hottest starts in the NHL so far. Last night, they were a whopping +200 to win in regulation... Most games end in regulation obv. so IF Ana was to win, they would most likely be doing it in REg. Annnyhow, Betting them last night would have paid off whereas betting STL, PIT, and/or OTT would have "looked" like an easier win, but wouldn't have paid much as all those teams were heavy chalk favourites and then lost..

COL only paid decent if you played them to win in Reg. which they did...

either way, hockey is more about finding the live dogs than squaring up on the fav's each night.. At least in my opinion

YOUNGBUCK
    YOUNGBUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5189

ummmm so ur saying the refs just place the ball where they want it basically??? Football luck thats hilarious hopefully u can get lucky with a horrible offensive line and no run game

cotes17

Quote Originally Posted by YOUNGBUCK View Post
    ummmm so ur saying the refs just place the ball where they want it basically??? Football luck thats hilarious hopefully u can get lucky with a horrible offensive line and no run game
    or they can take out the sticks and measure to see if you got a first down and only depending on where the ref decides your down by contact. Hes also that good that he can see within inches of you getting it with about 25 other players on the field and hes on the sideline. Thats probably the most inaccurate way to decide a game. dont get me wrong, i love nfl and betting on it but come on. you can get lucky with a horrible offensive line and no run game if your defence can intercept for TD's and your offence can throw the ball before the defence can get to you. even with a horrible O line, you can still throw screens or quick passes. all im saying is hockey isnt luck and if you want to bash something thats lucky you should look at different sports too

YOUNGBUCK

Luck is involved in EVERY sport u can take a shot in Hockey and it can be 10 feet wide and take a weird bounce of the boards and come right out front to a guy ready to bury it... I didnt bash hockey either but football is certainly not more lucky than hockey

YOUNGBUCK

BOL today Cotes i like Coyotes too

kevin101
    kevin101's Avatar Become A Pro!

If u played favs and ML on Thursday you would've shit your pants with how much money you would have won. Thursday ALL favz won.

cotes17

Quote Originally Posted by YOUNGBUCK View Post
    BOL today Cotes i like Coyotes too
    Thanks man. GL to us

djmano

just to add to the laughs i am on ottawa for 0.5 unit (told myself like 3 or 4 nights in a row to stop betting NHL because im cursed but couldn't stay away). i think i should just fade myself, then id be up huge lol

Tmuston Beltics
    Tmuston Beltics's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by djmano View Post
    just to add to the laughs i am on ottawa for 0.5 unit (told myself like 3 or 4 nights in a row to stop betting NHL because im cursed but couldn't stay away). i think i should just fade myself, then id be up huge lol
    Pittsburgh Penguins vs Colorado Avalanche. You bet on Pittsburgh to win. They lose. Do you think they lost because you had money on their win? If so...
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 04-16-15 at 10:43 AM. Reason: image does not exist

djmano

it was a self-deprecating joke my tea party friend