Chronicle Sports
    Chronicle Sports's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chronicle Sports NHL Feb. 24

Three unit plays are very rare for me.

Toronto Maple Leafs at Philadelphia Flyers

3* Toronto -1.5 +185

When the Toronto Maple Leafs take the ice tonight in Philadelphia their desperation should be evident. The Leafs have been battling for a playoff spot but two straight losses have them on the outside looking in. Toronto has 67 points, two behind eighth place Carolina who currently are clinging to that final postseason berth in the Eastern Conference.

The Leafs are coming off a controversial loss to the Islanders after a goal was taken away from them early in the third period by referee Kerry Fraser. The goal would have given the Leafs a regulation win and two precious points but instead the game ended in a shootout when Randy Robitaille beat Raycroft to the stick side giving the New Yorkers a 3-2 victory.

Philadelphia, on the other hand, has nothing to play for besides "proud", as Simon Gagne would say. The Flyers are currently the worst team in the NHL with a lowly 41 points and the only team to not yet hit the 50 point plateau. The Flyers have been better recently but not good enough to avoid the three game skid they are currently on.

The City of Brotherly Love has witnessed a resurrection of an old friend over the past few weeks, The Broad Street Bullies. Under the direction of GM Paul Holmgren, a former Bully himself, and Head Coach John Stevens the Flyers are returning to the physical, punch you in your mouth style of hockey that won them two Stanley Cups in the mid-seventies. Look for some fireworks tonight when Philadelphia tough guys Ben Eager and Todd Fedoruk step onto the ice against a Toronto team that has several willing combatants.

Notes

- Toronto has been good on the road this year going 17-10-4 while the Flyers have been horrendous at home with a 5-17-7 record.

- Toronto is among the leaders in putting shots on goal and this should be very evident tonight vs the Flyers who are among the worst at giving up shots on net.

- Toronto has won both meetings between the two this season and are 5-1 over the last three seasons vs the Flyers.

- The starting goaltenders tonight look to be Andrew Raycroft for the Leafs and young Michael Leighton for the Orange and Black.

Good Luck
    Last edited by Chronicle Sports; 02-24-07 at 01:44 PM.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

I also like the Leafs in this game. But I dont lay that type of juice with anyone (-150). I really dont like laying that -1.5 either. Especially on the road.

Plus, not many books out here ofter the puck line until it goes to -300 or more on the money line. Thats why the Hilton is pretty much the best here, they have the puck lines on every game, no matter what the Money Line is. I also think they are the only ones to offer 10 cent Money Lines.

Welcome to the SBR Forum, CS.

Chronicle Sports

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    I also like the Leafs in this game. But I dont lay that type of juice with anyone (-150). I really dont like laying that -1.5 either. Especially on the road.

Plus, not many books out here ofter the puck line until it goes to -300 or more on the money line. Thats why the Hilton is pretty much the best here, they have the puck lines on every game, no matter what the Money Line is. I also think they are the only ones to offer 10 cent Money Lines.

I agree anything over -115 is too much. Got the PuckLine at Cris, they also have Three Way Regulation Lines that have value at times. Can get the Leafs -105 Regulation Only.

Chronicle Sports

Leafs come through with a 5-2 victory. Tonight: 1-0 / +5.55.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nice job Chronicle.. Nice to see you here..