frankrom
    frankrom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Tuesday Oct 15 - Full Card Picks... Chime in here guys!

Hey Guys,

I've been a long time reader of these forms but not so much a contributor. Anyhow this office job gives me more time to chime in so lets do it.

So far on the year I am up 6 units or 120% ... been doing pretty good but i am kinda stuck at a break even point for the last 3-4 days.

I like to go through the whole card like i did below and see what I would pick for each game. I then evaluate the lines, goalies and matchups further and try to narrow it down as more information is becoming a available.

Below is my full cap on todays card. I am not saying these are ALL GREAT PLAYS but the plays i would consider in each match up. Like i said i do try to narrow it down but I would probably end up picking 5-8 bets anyhow.

What do you guys think? Give some feedback or your plays.... this is a tough day in the NHL!

-----
    TORONTO vs MINNESOTA
    Under 5.5 (I know must are probably thinking the over but I see Minnesota shutting the leafs down - Hopefully Bernier is in net to make this a better play)
    or
    TOR -.5 (regulation)
    -----
    VACOVOUR vs PHILLY
    Vancouver ML? hard not to fade Philly even if it means picking Vancouver
    or
    Van v Phil under 1.5 first period
    -----
    EDMONTON vs PITTSBURG
    Pitts -1.5 – Edmonton back to back is no good for a rested pittsburg
    or maybe pitts -0.5 (regulation)
    or maybe the over 1.5 first period

-----
    CHICAGO VS CAROLINA
    CHI -.5
    or
    maybe over 1.5 first period
    -----
    ST. LOUIS vs SAN JOSE SHARKS
    STL on the ML
    ... need to bet this game even if it’s a tough one to call this is one of the most exciting match ups since the beginning of the season
    -----
    NASHVILLE vs FLORIDA
    boring ass game for sure... worst defensive teams and worst offensive teams
    under .5 first period
    -----
    JETS vs MTL
    No juice is worth laying on MTL on their 4th consecutive road game
    Jets are streaky team and looked decent in their 3-0 win the other day. Look for them to put two together
    JETS ML
    -----
    PHOENIX vs OTTAWA
    Don't see much here myself. Maybe an under play?
    -.5 first
    -----
    NYI vs BUFFALO
    Two teams to fade this year are Buffalo and Phil...
    NYI on the ML (not sure what the line is yet)
    -----
    LA vs TAMPA
    Tampa is hit and miss. Their offensive/shots have been low ... look for their opportunties to be even lower vs a good defensive team
    LA ML
    -----
    COLUMBUS vs DETROIT
    The line isn't out. But if Detroit is a huge favorite then maybe take them in regulation otherwise dog it with Columbus?
    Det in Reg or Columbus on ML

zandyman
    zandyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

TORONTO vs MINNESOTA
    Under 5.5

STL on the ML

Only ones I like. Only do ML, O/U, PL though. GL

frankrom
    frankrom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

You only like two lol wow... guess you won't be tailing me hahaha.

trapezoid
    trapezoid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1341

Already on Jets+110ml and Chicago -.5, I'm like you and want to bet the Blues-Sharks just to watch..lol but hard call. Good luck--

Reimer starting for leafs, and JVR likely out--Lupul and Kessel reunited possibly?? still see leafs winning 3-2 or something like that.
    Last edited by trapezoid; 10-15-13 at 11:32 AM.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by zandyman View Post
    TORONTO vs MINNESOTA
    Under 5.5

STL on the ML

Only ones I like. Only do ML, O/U, PL though. GL
    are they still doing the free preview on Direct TV?

zandyman
    zandyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

Quote Originally Posted by frankrom View Post
    You only like two lol wow... guess you won't be tailing me hahaha.
    Like the Isles too.

I'm not looking at reg, TT, 1st pd, etc bets this year, so that's why I don't like more I guess. GL either way.

Reck
    Reck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7631

Great Post...I enjoy LJ Profit's weekly hockey contest therefore I also look at all the games. Not to late to join.

Tonronto -145 Minnesota on Back to Back toronto just may be strong (5-1 Now.)

NYI -200 No bet don't like laying -200 however Buffalo is on Back to back and Buffalo just may be bad (0-6-1 now).

Pittsburgh -1 1/2 +120 Edmonton on back to Back...Giving up alot of goals very quickly. Three goals last night in under 4:00 to a good Caps team

Game of Nite STL -125 SJ 5 guys on injury report STL none. STL 6-1 SU 5-2 at home 8-1-1 HTH.

Columbus -105. Howard on Injury report...Gustaffson may have to go BTB after tough game yeaterday at Boston. CLB 5-1 SU againest Detroit. Injuries about even.
    I was hoping for + ML odds but still like CLB. Watch for late line movement. Downside...Wings at home.

Dubb
    Dubb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Take Van against any weaker teams, take the opponent if you think the opponent is a great team. Will be easy money all year. Vancouver is my team, but they arent great. They can beat the mediocre to bad teams, wont beat many good teams. On this road trip they will

Beat Philly
    Beat Buffalo
    Lose to Pens
    Toss up vs Columbus
    Lose isles
    Beat devils again
    lose to st lu.

then lose wash
    lose wings

Like that toronto under, pitt over first (better than over 6 for game), st lu, kings, dont like hawks or over, stay away from two bad teams like flor/nash... isles juice is way high, def like the JETS at home as a dog vs a team on long road trip. But doesnt montreal own them in the peg?
    Last edited by Dubb; 10-15-13 at 02:53 PM. Reason: spelling error

kevin101
    kevin101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Toronto ML, Pens -1.5 or reg. and Vancouver ML. Was looking into Chicago too but not sure. Probably just going to parlay these three and just take pens reg. to be safer.