easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

New Jersey Devils+162 against the Penguins

great value here. The gap between the 2 teams not as big as the line suggests. Sure the Devils lost Kovalchuk but the defense and goaltending still very solid and Devils have matched up well against the Penguins the past year. 1 unit play on the Devils+162

NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

Did you just say the gap isn't big? NJ vs pit last year would've been a close game... Losing clarkson and kovalchuk isn't going to help the devils overcome Crosby Malkin letang Kunitz Neal .. Schneider will get hammered this game .

lonerangers
    lonerangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 348

Quote Originally Posted by NavsPicks View Post
    Did you just say the gap isn't big? NJ vs pit last year would've been a close game... Losing clarkson and kovalchuk isn't going to help the devils overcome Crosby Malkin letang Kunitz Neal .. Schneider will get hammered this game .
    Letang is out and most likely Neal as well.

While the talent gap is large, the Devils style of play really annoys the Penguins offense, hence the Devils winning record against the Pens last year.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good luck and easy living I bet hockey but it seems to be a death trap when you add it all off most of us and that penetrating Buried best of luck

NavsPicks

You can't go off last year.. The only reason the devils could play how they played last year wS because they had players who could score.. Aka kovi and clarkson their both gone devils will have to adjust. Pens will take advantage and fill their net

NavsPicks

If you want two good picks take Dallas-150 and LAK+120

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

If you want two good picks take Dallas-150 and LAK+120
    where the you getting Kings at +120?

NavsPicks

I think Pinny had them at 120 last night? I could be wrong tho haven't placed any bets yet on any rock solid numbers . I know it's ATLEAST plus money

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Bad bet. Won't even be close. Bet the over.

ZdenoK
    ZdenoK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5733

I think Pinny had them at 120 last night? I could be wrong tho haven't placed any bets yet on any rock solid numbers . I know it's ATLEAST plus money
    They were at -104 the highest...

NavsPicks

Must've seen wrong then disregard that bet then minny is hot in season openers only reason I was gonna bet kings was because they were good value

Gndias
    Gndias's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2596

pens rt

rainman416
    rainman416's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 994

Must've seen wrong then disregard that bet then minny is hot in season openers only reason I was gonna bet kings was because they were good value
    Yea I'm seeing LAK at -115 on B365.. yer right +115 woulda been a good spot to pick em.. now not so sure.. bottom line is, this early in the season is redic. hard to call games.. nothing more than darts..

Cept. the leafs on game 1/2.. they are always worth a bet this early on, hot start team

rainman416
    rainman416's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 994

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Bad bet. Won't even be close. Bet the over.
    The over sounds good cuz of Crosby/Malkin and the boys, but NJ plays a nasty, boring, slow style trap-D game.. that should give value to the under most games.. but with PIT. I gotta say no play here for myself... if anything.. would be the under, on account of Schnieder and their Trap D

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    great value here.
    devils avatar guy/homer says great value?

DoctorX79
    DoctorX79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

dont like the bet i think youd need more like +185 for this to be a decent bet

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

maybe if its in nj if the ice is choppy already. in pitt nope

CRdynasty
    CRdynasty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Been lurking for SBR for over 5 years, but now i've risen out of the depths to post in this thread. Long story short i've been a Devils fan for a long time... in the last 10 years i've placed next to no bets on hockey... just stick to NCAAF.

This being said, the Devils will kill the public for the first half of the season IMO. Especially when you consider that every analyst and their mother is picking them to do next to shit. Public perception is exactly what's being posted in this thread... Devils are ****** after losing Kovy and Clarkson. So if the public wants to continue to bet against the Devils without knowing the dynamic of the team, the books will clean up. I only post this shit cause I know the team.

Losing Kovalchuk and Clarkson and bringing in Jagr, Brunner, Clowe, and Ryder changes the dynamic of this team bigtime. In Kovalchuk, you had a speedy sniper that DeBoer overused (25+ min a game), and in Clarkson you had a typical 3rd line grinder who is now expected to play 2nd line type hockey (started year off with a flurry of goals, spent rest of season MIA). My guess is Clarkson nets 15-20 goals for the Leafs, and fans actually grill him for the time he spends flopped on the ice and underperforming.

If Jagr gives you 15, Clowe 10, Brunner 20, and Ryder 25... you essentially have your goal scoring replaced, and you also gain the ability to roll 4 lines again across the board, which is what DeBoer wants to do. The big names are gone, but the system is probably stronger then ever now. You also have a significant upgrade in Schneider, who should thrive in NJ, which is a team that doesn't allow many shots against over the last 10 years.

This being said, I already had my buddy in Vegas throw a sizeable bet on Devils TT over 81.5 points last week.

As for tonight, there is significant value in taking Devils ML for the following reasons.
    1) Significant advantage in goaltending
    2) Injuries to the Pens
    3) The Devils forwards are incredibly good defensively, which is why they give the Pens fits. Zajac and Henrique are great at neutralizing the speed and break out of the Pens, which is why the Devils beat them back to back last season.

+162 is a nice bet for a team with better goaltending, great defensive forwards, and more depth (NOT TOP END TALENT) that allows them to run the system they want this year.

tread lightly my friends.
    Last edited by CRdynasty; 10-03-13 at 03:05 PM.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

as predicted, the devils homers are pretty clueless