Atlantic
    Atlantic's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leans of Thursday 10/22

Seems like a few people around here have hit a cold streak early on in the season. Hopefully we can all string together a few wins in a row here and there and get back on track. Here's what I like for tomorrow.

Washington Captials -135: I think the Caps get their short 2-game road trip off to a good start in this spot. Thrashers just coming off a tough loss in overtime to the Habs, where Kozlov earned a 1-game suspension for a hit from behind on Scott Gomez. Atlanta didn't look like they knew how to light the lamp against Halak, and that's something you must do against the Capitals. I like the Caps on the ML.

San Jose Sharks -150: Sharks were shaky a few games back in the scoring dept. but really exploded against the Islanders and especially the Rangers. The talented Sharks offense continues their road trip against Tampa Bay, where the goaltending isn't exactly a specialty. Haven't seen Tampa play much this year, but their lack of offensive threats after the first two lines is enough for me to take the chalk with the Sharks on this one.

Detroit Red Wings -130: After dropping 2 of their last 3 games, the Wings begin their first long road trip of their so far mediocre season. With the potential of Pavel Datsyuk playing on Thursday in Phoenix, I think Detroit will put up a decent amount of goals against this shocking Coyotes team. The Coyotes hot streak ends in the desert in this one.

New York Rangers/New Jersey Devils over 5.5 +100: In this always exciting Rivalry matchup, Marty Brodeur will square off against Henrik Lundqvist at the Garden. Brodeur has historically been unimpressive at the Garden, and this Rangers team looks to be for real. I think both teams will be scrapping, skating hard for loose pucks, and agressive on the forecheck in this one. I think each team is good for three goals plus in this one.

Los Angeles Kings (Line N/A): Line for this one isn't up at my book yet, and don't see it on SBRodds. Assuming the Kings are a reasonable price, I'm likely going to play them. Jon Quick has impressed me this year, and the Kings are definitely capable scorers with Kopitar, Williams, Smyth and more. Stars just came off a win in Anaheim and the Kings will be ready and rested for them at home.

All most likely 2 unit plays.

Thoughts and comments welcome.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Nice write-ups and NHL knowledge. All of them could very well happen tomorrow. GL