ZdenoK
    ZdenoK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5733

European Trophy 2013

Zug - Zurich

Zurich has lost two of their main offensive players (Ambuhl, Monnet) while Zug in offseason gained a top attacker Schremp (from Salzburg) and defenseman Hutchinson (played in KHL playoffs for 2 years straight). Last year the Swiss rivals have met twice in this cup and both times Zug was better with 4-1 and 4-2, I expect something similar tonight. Both teams played a friendly match with teams from 2nd Swiss league: Zug has beaten Visp with 10-2, Zurich has beaten GCK Lions with 5-2. Since Zug is offered at +105 I'll take those odds.

ZdenoK
    ZdenoK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5733

1:0 for Zug, the only goal scored by Schremp

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Hit a few russian friendlies today with success, probably going to put in some money for ET as well. Hard to cap though, especially with the growing size and fluctuation in all leagues, not to mention that you can't really tell much about the teams with the lineups living and not really knowing how the new american/canadian acquisitions fare. Plus, personally I've found that early season games are pretty hard to cap.

That said, I'm probably going to focus on East when it comes to betting these games. To me, that seems the easiest one to cap with moderate confidence as the leagues are somewhat most familiar to me out of the ET leagues participating.

Three teams to me, stand out. Tappara, Brynäs and Bern. Tappara has fared well in practice games and such, and I consider Djurgården among the weakest in East so that's going to be my play tomorrow if there's a good price for it. Similarly, Brynäs should go over TPS tomorrow. Not very well based leans but that's what I'm working with