suicideking08
    suicideking08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

NHL Dogs on 10/20/09

Atlanta Thrashers vs. Montreal Canadiens

Wow I have no idea why the Trashers are dogs in this game. They've been one of the most surprising teams in the league. Averaging 4 goals a game and having a PP of almost 40%! There's gotta be a ton of value betting the Trashers here. They have the lowly 2-5 Canadiens outmatched in almost every category. Pavelec starts and he's been pretty solid in net, going 3-1 with a 2.76 GAA. Montreal is only averaging 2 goals a game, they have a -1.29 goal differential. Hammer away at this line early, I expect it to jump.
    Lines aren't out yet, for my book..but I'll just use another.

Thrashers +106 @5Dimes 5 units

Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Calgary Flames

This should be a good match up and a close game. The Jackets have already stolen one against the Flames. Columbus surely has the superior goalie, and Steve Mason will have to show up tonight for them to win. He allowed only 1 goal in the last meeting against the Flames. He's been pretty good so far with a 2.35 GAA and a .925 SV%. I like Columbus tonight, I think there's definitely some value out there, but again we have two decent teams facing off. I'm going to go on a hunch that the UNDER will prevail tonight, these teams played each other tight and defensively last meeting, I assume the game plan will not change. The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Columbus's last 6 games on the road. The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Columbus' last 8 games when playing Calgary. The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Columbus' last 10 games when playing on the road against Calgary. However, the wildcard to the UNDER bet, is Calgary's vast offensive potential..they are averaging 3.75 goals and the total has gone OVER in 7 out of their last 8 games. Mason has to show up tonight to shut down Calgary.

Columbus +134 @5dimes 5 units
    CBJ/Calgary UNDER -107@5dimes 5 units

St. Louis Blues vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Tough match tonight for the Blue notes, facing the defending champs is never an easy task and I'm sure former blue Jay Mckee and Bill Guerin will have no problem getting pumped for this match up. Statically, the teams are actually relatively close...Goals are 3.50 for Pitts and 3.17 for Blues, Penguins also barely edge STL out in GAA. These are not going to be the factors of determining the game. However, special teams are going to sort this one out. The Blues have far the superior PP, and if it can click then the Penguins might be in trouble. The Penguins are not immune to penalty minutes and have taken their fair share..159 PIM thus far..looking over the individual roster every player has at least two minors except left wing Bourque. They're averaging a period in PIMs per game. If they keep up the shady play it's going to hurt them, and the Blues have the PP potential to make them pay. I think Mason will be pumped up and will bring his A game. Even without Jackman the Blues have a solid defense and Brewer and Pietranglo have made the road trip so they could make a surprising start. Basically St. Louis is 3-1 when the money goes against them. They seem to score and have good chemistry on the road, there's definitely some value in St. Louis tonight. The easy pick would be Pittsburgh, but we're looking for value here, the Blues are not a +162 underdog. Attacking weak lines, that's where the money is.

St. Louis Blues +162 @5dimes 5 units

Small bet on UNDER in this game. 2 units UNDER 6 -125@bodog
    Also I like the UNDER in the ATL/Montreal game..small bet 2 units UNDER 6 -105@bodog

NHL Stats 2009-2010
    18-10 +36.72 Units, 125% ROI
    Last edited by suicideking08; 10-20-09 at 11:59 AM.

RobbReport
    RobbReport's Avatar Become A Pro!

would you parlay these plays with a lot of confidence?

suicideking08

No, not at all. These are good plays here, but I don't expect all these road dogs to win. It could happen, but I would much more lean toward single average bets. However, if you want some action you could chase the Blue Jackets on the puckline, they're just starting a road trip..idk just a thought.

suicideking08

If you really wanted to parlay, I'd probably go with a Trashers win and the CBJ/Calgary game going UNDER..those are the plays I have most confidence in tonight.
    but hell why not put a one unit parlay on the whole thing, I'd probably parlay one unit here with confidence.

xxx
    xxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28270

i like your plays tonight espacially the atlanta one. i had this game circled down since sunday. untill montreal gets their offense going you got to go against them.

Atlantic
    Atlantic's Avatar Become A Pro!

Definitely agree with the Atlanta pick. Montreal has been one of the most overrated teams since making all these deals, and are really not that good. Carey Price is an average goalie at best, and Atlanta has a dynamic player in Ilya Kovalchuk. Really underrated team, I love the Thrashers in this one.

Biff Webster
    Biff Webster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

What do you think about STL/ PITT under 6? I dont like St. Louis to win tonight and -185 is too steep to lay on Pitt, but I am liking the under. I am thinkin a 3-1 or 3-2 game.

RobbReport

thanks SK, i will tail on your favorite play here.

suicideking08

Yeah, I was liking the UNDER tonight as well, Idk I thought the more risk-reward play was st. louis, and the more I looked into the game I realized it should be more of a tight game then people are probably going to give it credit for. But yeah UNDER would be alright here..however, I think the marginally better play would be St. Louis.

RobbReport

will 2 out of 3 likely hit?

suicideking08

Well, hopefully all of them hit..but yeah I think all these picks have good value. ATL game is already moving down to an even proposition, so you should jump on it quickly.

xxx
    xxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28270

i like the under too 4 stl-pit game. with jay mckee blocking shots left and right for marc- andree fleury pit does not need a goalie in front of the net. St-Louis shut-down anaheinm 5-0 but Conklin was in nets. I expect chris mason to be back in nets tonight and his slow start worries me.

suicideking08

I agree, UNDER is a solid bet here, I'll probably add it to my personal bets..with a smaller bet maybe 3 or 4 units. Both goalies are allowing basically 2 goals per game. Mckee does lead the league in shots blocked. the line is set on the higher end of 6. Mason is well rested and he should put up a good fight. He's a very competitive goalie, he'll keep St. Louis in it. Let's do it UNDER 6 it is. Good luck everyone.

regdent
    regdent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

so do we think NHL grand salami will go under today? Its basically 6 goals a game

suicideking08

Quote Originally Posted by regdent View Post
    so do we think NHL grand salami will go under today? Its basically 6 goals a game
    I actually didn't even consider the ATL/Montreal game as going under 6. It certainly should..Montreal shouldn't score much here, I expect ATL to put up some numbers..probably around 4..and I just don't see the Canadiens putting up more than 2 goals. I think the UNDER here as well. Good eye there sir.

Sorry if I'm being a little too active in my own thread, I'm stuck in an economics class right now.

BillAccpetor
    IPhone rockz
    BillAccpetor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Love the dogs St. Louis and Atlanta...

BOL!

aznjeff07
    aznjeff07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 710

have been eyeing atlanta too and don't see how mont wins unless they're just so desperate for a win they go all out without consquence

POTVINSUX
    POTVINSUX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 602

I tend to disagree Habs pull off the win tonight, mark my word!

Rubicon
    Rubicon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by POTVINSUX View Post
    I tend to disagree Habs pull off the win tonight, mark my word!
    Wow, what a buzz kill! ha!

POTVINSUX
    POTVINSUX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 602

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Wow, what a buzz kill! ha!
    Hate to say i told ya so! 2-1 Habs!