WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

NHL Best Enforcer for 2013-14 Season

If you were a general manager for a NHL team and could choose one player to be the enforcer for your team...who would you choose? One player for just next season?

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

milan lucic, zdeno chara, john scott, colton orr.

chara and lucic are too good to be enforcers though. need them on ice not in box. but theyre probably the 2 toughest fighters. john scott and colton orr are bad as hell too.

WorkHorse

I agree with you that Chara and Lucic are too valuable to play the role of team enforcer. Colton Orr is big and tough and plays the role well (13 majors). I'm not a John Scott fan. The guy is 6-8, 270 pounds and could be the baddest in the league but he just doesn't have that mean streak needed.

I like George Parros. Parros has size (6-5, 233) and will drop the gloves with anyone to protect his team. He's not a showboat and takes his job as team enforcer seriously. Parros is 32-33 years old but stays in great shape year round. He had 9 majors with Florida this past season...two against John Scott.

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

John Scott because of his "other" shenanigans

hockey216

"scott averages only 3:25 of ice time per game. he has 1 career goal." Scott gave Thornton a concussion. Thornton is tough too. He has fought EVERYBODY in the league.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Chris Neil

WorkHorse

Rich Boy, Neil is a warrior for sure and never backs down from a challenge...at least Ottawa thinks so because they have kept him on the roster for eleven years. At 6-1, 215 pounds he's not the biggest tough guy in the league but he seems to always give maximum effort. Good team guy who is moving up the ladder in alltime penalty minutes. He now has 2,005 which ranks him 53rd in NHL history. Getting a little long in the tooth at 35 years old.

kevin101
    kevin101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dustin Byfuglein or has he changed from moving from Chicago?

He was a beast when he played for Chicago.

hockey216

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    Chris Neil
    lucic beat the shit out of neil.

WorkHorse

Kevin, not sure I could agree with Dustin Byfuglien (Winnipeg) as a team enforcer. He is a big guy at 6-5, 260, but teams don't give five year, $26 million contract extensions to enforcers.

He scored 8 goals, 20 assist, and 34 penalty minutes in 43 games last season.

WorkHorse

2012-13 Major Penalty Leaders

14 B.J. Crombeen (TB)
    13 Colton Orr (Tor)
    13 Mike Brown (Tor, Edm)
    13 Rich Clune (Nash)
    12 Frazer McLaren (SJ, Tor)
    12 Jared Boll (Col)
    10 Chris Thorburn (Winn)
    9 George Parros (Fla)
    9 Mark Frazer (Tor)
    9 Zeno Konopka (Minn)
    8 Shawn Thorton (Bos)

*Looks like Toronto had some pretty good team protection.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

John Scott easily.

WorkHorse

A few years back Scott (Minnesota) when he shared the role with Derek Boogarrd, he was feared by other enforcers. Not so much anymore. He just won't stand and throw them like he once did. Was knocked down twice last season. He has one more year on his contract in Buffalo...lets see if he sticks. Minnesota to Chicago to Buffalo in four years...lot of teams in a short time.

Just my opinion. Like I said earlier...has size but doesn't have that nasty streak an enforcer needs.

WorkHorse

To illustrate a point on John Scott...I need someone to post his fight with Frazer McLaren. Both Colton Orr and McLaren showed Scott is overrated or maybe doesn't have the nasty toughness needed for a guy his size. Would appreciate someone posting "John Scott vs Frazer McLaren". I just don't know how.

Thanking you in advance.

hockey216

scott is 6'8, 270. mclaren had upper hand, but he was also throwing wildly and missing a bit too. scott took minute to get back out from boards, get upright and throw back. scott was still standing and engaging until mclaren lost balance and fell down. fight was somewhat even, although mclaren had upper hand. not like scott got his ass whooped and got KO'd. Scott is still heavy duty. don't kid yourself. Shawn Thornton is one of tougher guys in league, and scott demolished him. every fighter in league has had a fight where the other guy had upper hand. everybody loses fight eventually. Not like scott got his ass whooped and got KO'd. scott connected a few good shots too. scott would have been able to keep going and maybe gotton more in if mclaren didnt lose balance and fall. Yes mclaren had upper hand, but fight wasn't a huge mismatch where 1 guy got destroyed. its only 1 fight. shit happens. no fighter wins 100%. scott is still tough. He's been demolishing bodies for years.

Last edited by hockey216; 07-10-13 at 03:48 PM.

WorkHorse

Thanks hockey216...appreciate you posting the video.

One of the best fights during the 2013 season was Pattick Bordeleau vs Brian McGratton, March 27. Toe to toe and throwing them.

Behind college football, hockey (NHL) is my second favorite sport. I have studied/watched every fight available on youtube. Wish I knew how to post the videos because there have been some slugfest over the years not only with the enforcers but also with everyday players.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

I'd get Trevor Gillies back. Guy was a crazy ass monkey... Remember the Tangradi incident? And first game back after that, he was going after Clutterbuck and was suspended again. Loved this guy, crazy beard, too

WorkHorse

Derek Boogaard put Gillies in lala land with one punch back in 2009. Could have been earlier...but when the Boogyman was with Minnesota. Before his death at 28 years old, Boogaard was one bad dude. Six feet seven and 270 pounds with a mean streak. The best enforcer in the league for about five years.