EdV38
    EdV38's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2172

My 10 plays for 10/8

NJ over TB - come on even money for NJ against TB? Even on the road and Brodeur struggling I can't pass that one up.

PHO over BUF - If they can shut down Pittsburgh they can shut down Buffalo. Payout at 2.65 means people take the back-to-back road games thing way too seriously. If anything they'll take momentum from tonight's game, not be exhausted by it.

STL over ATL - this one's pretty self-explanatory

CAL over EDM - same reason for the NJ game. Calgary is the clearly superior team but are the underdogs just because they're on the road.

OTT over NYI. Ottawa looked pretty good against the Leafs

CBJ/SJ under 5.5 - Two of my favourite goalies square off so I'm pretty confident this'll be a low one

PIT/PHI under 6 - This seems like such an obvious over pick that its just screaming for a 2-0 result like PHI/CAR. I'll take my chances with a 2.15 payout on an under 6 in an NHL game not involving Toronto or Detriot.

CHI/DET over 6 - no reason to think Detriot can keep Chicago from putting pucks in the net if they can't shut down St Louis

CAL/EDM over 5.5 - both teams have had nothing but high scoring affairs this year. No reason to think that will change.

ATL/STL over 6

williams22
    williams22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you play these all for 1 unit?

EdV38

For now I do. If I see the lines move favourably, get news that would help my position (ie backup goalie starting on an over game) or if I feel particularly good about a certain play I would add to it before game time. I'm relatively new to the sports betting game, a little over a year with decent success so I don't quite think in terms of units, probabilities etc yet but rather I go with my gut and let that dictate how much money I put in on one play. And if it continues to serve me well I'll probably stick with that.

soli
    soli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22124

Good luck! I'll be checking those out...thanks

EdV38

I tripled up on CAL/EDM over and added Pho/Buf under and COL over NAS. I was impressed with Colorado's victories over the Canucks and Sharks, and I don't respect Nashville's team all that much other than Rinne so I figured at 2.20 its worth a shot.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

I like NJ and Calgary ML as well..

EdV38

Booya!!! and THAT'S how you save yourself a mediocre night....a Bouwmeester goal with 2 seconds left lol

For the record I'm 2-3 with the Calgary game still pending on the ML and 2-2-1 on the O/U with SJ/CBJ still pending but not looking good atm. But at least I got my big bet right which should keep me in the green tonight especially if Calgary can pull it out.