newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

If Bergeron is out - any reason to not play Hawks?

I was likely just going to play under or wait for value at one intermission - but if Bergeron is out is there any reason not to put a few units on Hawks? As a few of you know I went big on Hawks in game 4 which worked out well. I don't think tonight is nearly as strong obviously, but if Bergeron is out - he means so much to that team - with as strong as Hawks have looked last few games - are Hawks the play especially at +ev?

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

FWIW

"Patrice will dress for warmup tonight, and I'm feeling confident he will play," Julien said.
    After telling that to the English-speaking media, Julien was a bit more forthcoming in French. Thanks to Arpon Basu for the translation:
    Translated: "Patrice will play tonight. That's my feeling." MT @JoBern: Julien:"Patrice va jouer ce soir. C'est mon feeling."
    — Arpon Basu (@ArponBasu) June 24, 2013

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO

I think I saw something that the Bruins twitter feed also said he was playing (might be based on Julien's comments). Ok - think I am going to do what I said - look for value at intermission.

ChicagoBlackhawk
    ChicagoBlackhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 160

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    I think I saw something that the Bruins twitter feed also said he was playing (might be based on Julien's comments). Ok - think I am going to do what I said - look for value at intermission.
    who cares if he plays. this is the hawks cup. bet tonight and double Wednesday if somehow they dont find the cup tonight

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16699

He has a girls name how much will it matter

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Im going with the Hawks tonight.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoBlackhawk View Post
    who cares if he plays. this is the hawks cup. bet tonight and double Wednesday if somehow they dont find the cup tonight
    I might be wrong but feel like I can get better odds at some point of intermission tonight. I don't see Hawks winning tonight wire to wire and odds tend to over-adjust between periods. If Hawks are down 1-0 after 1 period I can likely pick them up at +150 - like those odds a lot better than even money right now.

I will likely play a few props in this one - obviously Bruins have nothing to lose so will be firing as much on net as possible - think a few of their players "over SOG" will provide value tonight

DannyLawless
    DannyLawless's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

I like in progress but it can go out the window if the Hawks score first. It seems as of lately the hawks have the bruins figured out. You'll notice when the hawks are clearing their zone their taking two to three strong strides before passing the puck and thus turning it over less in their own zone.

I also think the hawks have Rask figured out. All the sudden they seem to be cracking him open and reading him like a book. Seems like the wrap around is especially effective for them. I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if this went to game 7 but I think the Hawks win tonight. I'm from New England and this whole Boston bombing thing isn't exactly motivating players anymore. Celtics were thought to win the 'ship in honor of Boston but they dropped off early, i think the Bruins will be following their lead.

Lets hope we get the W tonight boys.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO

Agree if Hawks win wire to wire you will never see that value but I have just made a lot of money this playoffs where oddsmakers over-value a 1-goal lead. I think it was game 1 the Hawks were down 2-1 after 2 periods. I think I picked up Hawks at +230 or something like that. 1 goal at home and got +230 value. Obviously its only 1 period remaining and game went into OT, yada yada. But I like finding those value bets through intermission. They aren't always there and don't always come through - but if Hawks are up 2-0 at some point I am betting I can get Bruins close to +250 or higher - that is a lot of value for a good team with back against wall. That is all I am saying - I think there will be value to be found in game

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO

Got hawks +240. Great line in a 1 score game IMO

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO

What a series!!!