hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

My speculation = Bergeron has concussion from Rizsival hit, team cover-up to win Gm6

Roszival hit (sorry for typo in title can't edit)

I am just speculating, with no guarantee, that Bergeron's hard open ice hit (the one that looked like hit that gave crosby concussion) rattled his head (bergeron has concussion history), and that the head pain was so bad, that's why he skated on and off the ice so quickly on the next couple shifts. i do not believe it was play (that media keeps showing) were he was skating for short period, went to boards to fish puck, that was the play that injured him. i think he tried to play through the injury in 1st, but was so injured he couldn't. He came out on ice for 2 quick shifts, but then quickly returned to bench (20s and 7s i believe?).

NHL players don't leave in the middle of the game to go to the emergency room in an ambulance unless the injury is serious

i am just speculating, and i don't remember the hit in exact detail (can't see replay bc nobody remembers it and no highlight of it - everyone pointing to the 2 shifts were he went on and back off ice quick in 2nd before exiting game early). i think he tried to play through it, but couldn't.

I think the team is refusing to disclose the injury because they are trying to play him in game 6 and 7 because they want to win the cup. They don't want to look like assholes for playing player with concussion, and hypocrites for talking about all that "going through concussion protocol right thing to do with player." The team is refusing to even describe the injury, the play that he incurred it on, his status, or anything related to it. They are just saying "it's an injury. we won't tell you what it is. he is day to day." Think about it. If it really is concussion from Rozsival hit, and they are going to play him with it, they damn well better keep it quiet if they don't want wave of criticism. It makes sense theoretically. This reminds me of Bruins playing McQuaid last year after he got concussion from Chimera boarding. Got concussion and bruins played him for a couple games in wash series before taking him out again, then later in summer revealed he played through concussion. Bruins wouldn't like to release news that they are intentionally playing Bergeron through a concussion. But hey, they want to win finals. Big opportunity. Lots of pressure to win.

I could be wrong. No warranty is implied through here. But, obviously Bergeron is huge player (got 2 goals in game 7 against vancouver last year). He's big time clutch goal scorer, he defends other team's top players, he kills penalties, he scores powerplay goals, he does everything. Team needs him real bad with backs up against the wall down 3-2, and they want him to play really bad. That is why they are not saying "concussion," because then they'd probably have to declare him out (or take huge storm of criticism in media, from players union, etc.).

This is just my speculation, but i love good hockey discussion, and it anyone else would like to give their hockey opinion, please do. Does anyone have the game tape, and can upload the Rozsival head. I am speculating purely based upon memory, and i would like to see that hit again to re-evaluate if that's where injury occured. There's no tape of it anywhere i could find. They keep showing the 2 shifts where he skated around for 7 seconds and for 20 seconds and went back to bench before he left arena on ambulance. Did he turn funny without even hitting wall? That's why he went to hospital? Or was he rattled up from the Rozsival hit?

IF you have footage of Rozsival hit, please upload it. My memory could be wrong, but i would like to see the hit again.
    Thank you very much. Have a nice day. I am rooting for the Bruins to win game 6.
    Last edited by hockey216; 06-24-13 at 04:11 AM.

Plus573
    It's Miller Time
    Plus573's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

There was some rumor that it was his spleen, possibly it rupturing.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Quote Originally Posted by Plus573 View Post
    There was some rumor that it was his spleen, possibly it rupturing.
    it could be. i rember seeing a bruins player get hit and go down in first from what looked like a blindside. not blaming dirty hit i havent seen it again. i think that was the hit on bergeron but i am not sure. thats why i want to see if anyone can look up video of the hit. i thought it was bergeron but it happened fast and camera moved off player i think. could be something else, but i am speculating head because of how secretive team being refusing to disclose injury. seems like theyre trying to play him through concussion and dont want to take public criticism from "player safety supporters" for it. could be a different injury. i need to see the rozsival hit again. if anyone has it, please upload it.

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2733

I seem to recall something happened to Horton on the Bruins and he was listed as 'doubtful' but in fact, did play. I understand that injuries are all different but to your point of 'playing or not playing' with a player listed as doubtful has come up before with this team. I have a series bet on the Bruins so I'm hoping this goes to a Game 7.

Matchbook has tonights game at -117 for the Bruins. Thinking of playing that too.

Good luck!!