NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

Hawks/bruins game 2

I was on hawks ML and over 4.0 last game it cashed. For game two BRUINS ML is the play write up tomorrow goodluck on all ur plays

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

depends on if horton back. he has a severely dislocated shoulder. has been playing with it for a while but aggravated it in game 1. Horton is so important to bruins. he has 7g 11a (18 points) and is +22 in 17 games. +22 in 17 games is rediculous. The krejci/horton/lucic line has been best line in hockey this playoffs. No team has had an answer. +22 in 17 games is just an unbelievable number. Horton is most underrated clutch playoff performer in nhl in my mind. Guy is clutch playoff performer. if he's out that is bad bad news for bruins. Bruins top line with horton/krejci/lucic has scored all of their goals this playoffs. bergeron line cooled off (jagr too old for playoffs), 3rd line with seguin has produced nothing (seguin has been non-existant all playoffs), and 4th line lost campbell and thornton didn't see any ice time in game 1. That top line for bruins is huge and so crucial. they've dominated everybody. They badly outperformed the top crosby/malkin/dupuis lines for pittsburgh and Nash line for rangers. Say what you want about other teams "stars"... horton/krejci/lucic have been beating other teams' "superstar" lines all playoffs. +22 in 17 games. that's just an unbelievable number. Gretzky's record was only 28, and that was including finals... bruins still have several games to match that. +22 in 17 games is just unreal. Horton is big part. They play physical and out-grind other teams into submission. Oh yeah... and that line got 2 goals for bruins in game 1. chicago had no answer either. Horton set up lucic nice on that 1st goal. Nobody's been able to stop that line.
    Last edited by hockey216; 06-14-13 at 05:42 AM.

Plus573
    It's Miller Time
    Plus573's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    depends on if horton back. he has a severely dislocated shoulder. has been playing with it for a while but aggravated it in game 1. Horton is so important to bruins. he has 7g 11a (18 points) and is +22 in 17 games. +22 in 17 games is rediculous- that krejci/horton/lucic line has been best line in hockey this playoffs - no team has had an answer. +22 in 17 games is just an unbelievable number.
    This. How can you make that play with Horton being "day to day." I dont think he is playing game 2 and that will severely hurt Boston.

NavsPicks

Fk so dumb lol forget bruins ML if hortons not playing I feel like he has done so much for this team not only on the scoreboard but without him it seems like the bruins just take blind shots and pray one goes in.. Still lean the bruins ML but small play if hortons out

Winnipeg Jets
    Winnipeg Jets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1459

Quote Originally Posted by NavsPicks View Post
    Fk so dumb lol forget bruins ML if hortons not playing I feel like he has done so much for this team not only on the scoreboard but without him it seems like the bruins just take blind shots and pray one goes in.. Still lean the bruins ML but small play if hortons out
    someone i can totally agree with. the bruins made it all the way to the finals by "taking blind shots and pray 1 goes in".

DannyLawless
    DannyLawless's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

I think the play with these games is to wager a smaller amount on Pre game lines and then go big with in progress betting. Saw a line last game of the Hawks +220 after I had taken them +170. I like the Hawks again here at home. Horton day to day with that shoulder has to be out for this game and possibly remainder of series. injured guy on the ice would be like a bleeding fish in a shark tank.

Only problem with in progress is that it can start running away from you quickly if your team jumps out to early lead. Not sure what other plays to make but I'm less than enthusiastic about laying -150 on a team that won by the skin on their teeth. Thinkin' maybe a parlay with the under tonight, thoughts?

mebaran
    Con los terroristas
    mebaran's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

Quote Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
    someone i can totally agree with. the bruins made it all the way to the finals by "taking blind shots and pray 1 goes in".
    Dude...that Leafs series game 7...hahaha, probably the 2nd best playoff game this season behind Gm 1 of the finals. And actually, now that I think about it, that game was probably better because there was more riding on it.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

depends on if horton back. he has a severely dislocated shoulder. has been playing with it for a while but aggravated it in game 1. Horton is so important to bruins. he has 7g 11a (18 points) and is +22 in 17 games. +22 in 17 games is rediculous. The krejci/horton/lucic line has been best line in hockey this playoffs.
    Horton has been injured the whole playoffs, take a look at his hit totals. I think losing Lucic or Krejci would have been far more devastating for the Bruins, but this does hurt, just not as much as some are making out. Move Seguin up to that line, guy hasn't produced scoring wise, but he is skating well and getting some good chances. Jordon Caron should be a decent replacement in the lineup, young and can battle on the boards well enough.

Reports are they are hoping he can play Saturday, something tells me that he won't, but probably will be back sometime in the series. If you like Chicago play them now, line will move if he is announced out. Probably best for Bruins backers to wait.

hockey216

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    I think losing Lucic or Krejci would have been far more devastating for the Bruins
    Horton is their best goal scorer on top line (although krejci giving him run for money this playoffs). horton has 2 more goals than lucic this playoffs (had more than twice the goals lucic had going into game 1... was 7 to 3), and almost double the amount of goals during season (6 more goals during season (13 to 7)). you forget lucic only had 7 goals during regular season? Horton has been better playoff goal scorer than lucic.

Horton is +22, and Seguin is -2. Seguin has been nonexistent this postseason. Nothing. Everyone called me crazy and laughed in my face for saying i'd take Horton over seguin. seguin not producing in playoffs. not built for juliens system as he isnt strong enough battle along boards. thats why top line so good - lucic and horton are big and physical and they out-battle you along boards. seguin has been in hybernation. Everyone who called me crazy and said they loved seguin over horton, come defend seguins 1g, 4a (5p) and -2 over Horton's 7g, 11a (18p) and +22. Seriously. All you bruins fans who raved about seguin and called me crazy for saying i'd rather take horton... come remind me why seguin is the messiah. Go ahead. Seriously i want you to defend his 5p and -2 over hortons 18p and +22. seguin scored some goals during regular season but has been in hybernation in playoffs. These are same boston fans that called me crazy for being skeptical of redsox players matsuzaka and crawford as well. How well did those 100million dollar contracts turn out?
    Last edited by hockey216; 06-14-13 at 06:39 PM.

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

Horton is +22, and Seguin is -2. Seguin has been nonexistent this postseason.
    Yeah Horton plays with two all stars so there is a big difference. Also the Bruins won a Stanley Cup Finals without Horton before and they can do it again. Last time they were in the Cup Finals they were 0-2 with him in the line up and then won 4 out of 5 with him out of the line up. Horton will sign elsewhere as a FA and will under produce wherever he goes. Meanwhile Luch and Kreiji will keep putting up big numbers because they are the real talent on the line. I think Chicago wins in 7 but this is far from over even if Horton doesn't come back.

hockey216

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyRobby View Post
    Yeah Horton plays with two all stars so there is a big difference. Also the Bruins won a Stanley Cup Finals without Horton before and they can do it again.
    they woulda never got there without horton. game 5 OT winner montreal, game 7 OT winner montreal (series winning goal), game 7 winner ECF against tb (series winning goal that sent them to finals), got other game winners and big goals, and was dominant all playoffs. They were down and out against montreal until horton lit it up and won them the series! they won cup without him because vancouver was an overrated team with a pathetic goalie that played terrible. vancouver was not that good of a team and their goalie was absolutely terrible on the road. Bruins didn't win 4 of 5 because of Seguin. Seguin got BENCHED FOR SHAWN THORNTON who came in and provided big physical spark to change series. Seguin got goals in first 2 games of ECF then produced NOTHING rest of playoffs so they benched him for 4th line Thornton. Bruins did better in cup finals with shawn thornton than with seguin!

Lucic and krejci are all stars? how many all star games have they been in? Bergeron and Marchand are slouches? Bergeron and Marchand were #1 and #2 in +/- during regular season. Marchand was also the top goal scorer on the team during season. That 2nd line was better than the top line all year until Seguin went into hybernation this playoffs. Stop blaming linemates. Bergeron and marchand are great players and that line was great until Seguin checked out. Seguins goals during regular season are facilitated by Bergeron. so seguin was on excellent line until he stopped performing and got demoted. you can't blame seguins lack of production on his line. he was on great line until he started playing awful. Julien appropriately moved jagr up. Seguin can't battle along boards he's too small and weak. Not built for playoff hockey. he's too weak and gets out muscled along the boards.
    Last edited by hockey216; 06-15-13 at 04:39 AM.

hockey216

Horton will sign elsewhere as a FA and will under produce wherever he goes. Meanwhile Luch and Kreiji will keep putting up big numbers because they are the real talent on the line.
    Horton is underproducing? He's +22 and has a chance to beat the all time nhl playoff record of +28. Yea, the record set by WAYNE GRETZKY! Yea... THAT GUY! Ever heard of him?!

Lucic only had 6 goals during season and only had 3 in playoffs heading into game 1. Horton had 13 (more than double) during season and had 7 going into game 1 (more than double). Horton has been playing with severely separated shoulder and still has been outproducing lucic. He had more than DOUBLE the goals that Lucic did both during season and during playoffs heading into game 1. Horton and Krejci were carrying top line all year not Lucic. Im obviously happy with game 1 though (oh yea and dont forget it was HORTON who fed him the puck). Lucic has been underperforming this year in terms of goal scoring. Not Horton.

Did you also forget that Horton was brought in because bruins weren't scoring? bruins couldnt score for their life, then they bring in horton and win cup 1st year. Bruins were never making it past 2nd round. Then they got Horton then they're beating every playoff team they face with him in lineup! They haven't lost 1 single series with him in lineup.didn't have him last year and got bounced first round. then bruins have him this year and in finals again. Horton has been HOT HOT HOT in playoffs for the bruins 100% of time.

I watched every bruins game this year.

Horton is underproducing?
    Last edited by hockey216; 06-15-13 at 04:42 AM.

hockey216

i like lucic i am not knocking lucic. he did get plenty assists this year. im defending horton not bashing lucic. it just pisses me off that people think Horton is a bum when he's been HOT HOT HOT and CONSISTENT all playoff long both this year and in 2011. He's lighting up these playoffs with a chronically separated shoulder! I like lucic though i am just disappointed in his regular season. my main point is seguin. good talent, good prospect, but not tough enough to battle along boards in my opinion.

The guy lights up the playoffs every year and people doubt him?

and horton is consistent in playoffs which is tough to come by.
    Last edited by hockey216; 06-15-13 at 04:44 AM.

JerseyRobby

Horton is underproducing? He's +22 and has a chance to beat the all time nhl playoff record of +28. Yea, the record set by WAYNE GRETZKY! Yea... THAT GUY! Ever heard of him?!

Lucic only had 6 goals during season and only had 3 in playoffs heading into game 1. Horton had 13 (more than double) during season and had 7 going into game 1 (more than double). Horton has been playing with severely separated shoulder and still has been outproducing lucic. He had more than DOUBLE the goals that Lucic did both during season and during playoffs heading into game 1. Horton and Krejci were carrying top line all year not Lucic. Im obviously happy with game 1 though (oh yea and dont forget it was HORTON who fed him the puck). Lucic has been underperforming this year in terms of goal scoring. Not Horton.

Did you also forget that Horton was brought in because bruins weren't scoring? bruins couldnt score for their life, then they bring in horton and win cup 1st year. Bruins were never making it past 2nd round. Then they got Horton then they're beating every playoff team they face with him in lineup! They haven't lost 1 single series with him in lineup.didn't have him last year and got bounced first round. then bruins have him this year and in finals again. Horton has been HOT HOT HOT in playoffs for the bruins 100% of time.

I watched every bruins game this year.

Horton is underproducing?
    You need to learn to read. Unfortunately you probably don't even understand what's wrong with your post. You can "lmao" all you want but everybody in here who has an elementary reading comprehension level will see how pointless your post was.

NavsPicks

Quote Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
    Clearly said without Horton in the lineup.. They wouldn't have made it past the 1st round idiot. Maybe you should read before talking shit. My arguments make sense yours are just homer statements

hockey216

You need to learn to read. Unfortunately you probably don't even understand what's wrong with your post. You can "lmao" all you want but everybody in here who has an elementary reading comprehension level will see how pointless your post was.
    "You're wrong but I can't tell you why." Hahahaha go ahead make your case. What's wrong with my post? Tell me. Horton going to underperform? What do you base that speculation on? Nothing because he's performed great and CONSISTENTLY during playoffs. And it's not all Lucic. Lucic only had 6 goals during season and only 3 going into game 1. Horton had more than double the amount of goals Lucic had in season and in playoffs going into game 1. Oh yeah and who set up Lucic for his first goal? Horton. I hate when people that don't even watch the bruins every night try to tell me I'm wrong. I watch every game. Horton is a stud. Came back from multiple concussions and is playing with a chronically separated shoulder for months and is still lighting up the playoffs.
    Last edited by hockey216; 06-15-13 at 04:34 PM.

hockey216

Oh and tell me why seguin is such hot shit too... Because he scored during season but vanished during playoffs? Well they're paying that guy roughly 6mil for many more years.

"It's all his linemates though." This is what showed your ignorance. Bergeron and Marchand are great. He was with great linemates until he went into hibernation and stopped producing to get himself demoted. Yeah that Bergeron guy is terrible! How can anyone score with bergeron and marchand on his line?! Its all bergerons fault seguin doesnt score bergeron is terrible! ahahahahaha!
    Last edited by hockey216; 06-15-13 at 04:38 PM.

hockey216

And you actually blamed Horton for losing games 1-2 and getting him out was what won them games 3-7? They lost game 2 on bad defense turnover and wraparound goal. They won games 3-7 because luongo played terrible. You actually think they lost bc of Horton and won because he was gone? If you'd take rich peverley over Horton, you don't watch hockey. They won games 3-7 because 1) luongo played horrible and 2) seguin got benched for Shawn Thornton and that provided physical spark (and helped sustain good forecheck).

Again... Horton only reason they got to finals. Were down and out against Montreal. Got game 5 OT winner, game 7 OT Winner (series clinching goal), game 7 winner (series clinching winner) in ECF against tb (lone goal 3rd period). Horton sent them to finals. How dare you call him a underperformer and blame him for losses 1st 2 games of finals. Wasnt his fault. He got them there.

Rich peverley is not better than Nathan Horton. Horton being out of lineup isn't responsible for them losing first 2 and winning next few. It was luongo playing terrible.
    Last edited by hockey216; 06-15-13 at 04:51 PM.

JerseyRobby

Rich peverley is not better than Nathan Horton. Horton being out of lineup isn't responsible for them losing first 2 and winning next few. It was luongo playing terrible.
    And you do it again proving you have poor reading comprehension.

hockey216

And you do it again proving you have poor reading comprehension.
    wrong. you said "bruins were 0-2 in finals with horton and then went 4-1 to win cup without him" insinuating that losing horton was actually better for the team and that peverley is better than horton. i dont have poor reading. you made ridiculous argument and showed how ignorant you are. you made a bunch of clueless arguments and got schooled.

Then you said "its not seguins fault he is on a bad line." He was on bergeron/marchand line all year. that was GREAT LINE until seguin stunk up joint in playoffs and got demoted. it was bergeron and marchand's fault seguin doesnt score?

yeaa that Bergeron guy is terrrible! Seguin was on such a terrible line with Bergeron and marchand. It's all Bergeron's fault that seguin has been in hybernation! What a bad linemate Bergeron is!

Tell me what you base your "Horton is going to underproduce wherever he goes" opinion on! He is #2 in points in the playoffs among all nhl players. He is #1 in plus minus among all nhl players. He had more points than crosby, malkin, toews, kane, hossa, everyone before start of finals as well as now. And you think the guy is a bum who's gonna underproduce next year? The guy's #2 in points and #1 in playoffs in plus minus and making a run at Wayne Gretzky's record (+28). yeah... THAT wayne gretzky! Ever heard of him? And he's been doing it all with a chronically separated shoulder! his arm has been pulled badly out of his shoulder socket. must hurt like shit but he's still getting it done. Honestly what more do you want? Horton is #2 in points, #1 in plus minus. Guy was +22 in 17 games. If you really watched hockey, you would know how rediculous of a number that is. What more do you want? You think #2 in points and #1 in plus minus is underperforming?

Please. tell me what your justification for thinking horton isn't clutch playoff performer, why he's going to underproduce wherever he goes next year, why Bergeron and marchand are vastly inferior linemates to krejci and lucic, and why it is bergeron and marchand's fault that seguin has been hybernating. Please. tell me. you fake bruins fans piss me off. i watch every game. you kids never watch the bruins then chime in during finals only to show how clueless you are.

But yes. your "you cant read" argument was great.... you just got schooled. im not illiterate. you know nothing about the bruins.

JerseyRobby

Hey the 20 year old with a 12 year old's education looks like an idiot again. Seguin's line played great proving again that you're just another Boston idiot who jumps off the bridge and over reacts to everything. "Keep schooling people" and more importantly learn to read what people write. Your grammar, lack of reading comprehension, and typing skills are almost as pathetic as your hockey observations.

hockey216

Hey the 20 year old with a 12 year old's education looks like an idiot again. Seguin's line played great proving again that you're just another Boston idiot who jumps off the bridge and over reacts to everything. "Keep schooling people" and more importantly learn to read what people write. Your grammar, lack of reading comprehension, and typing skills are almost as pathetic as your hockey observations.
    NICE TRY! you strengthened my argument (that seguin's linemates are great, and that you can't blame seguin's linemates for him not producing). So how again, are you blaming seguin's lack of points and goal scoring on his linemates?

You lost the 2 arguments. you still haven't offered an answer. If you have it, offer it. If not, then admit you're wrong and be quiet.

1) you said horton is going to "underperform wherever he goes." i said he was #2 in points and #1 in plus minus (making run at gretzky's record). What more do you want? That is "under-performing"? you still have offered no response for why "he is going to underperform next year wherever he goes." Please tell me what your "he is going to underperform wherever he goes" is based on. Do you have a basis? Obviously not because you haven't offered it. You know you are wrong. The guy is #1 in plus minus and #2 in points among all nhl players! You can't argue with that or say it's underperforming. You know you're wrong. How is being #2 in league in points and #1 in league in plus minus underperforming? What more do you want?

2) you said seguins linemates are to blame for his lack of play. his line is GOOD! Bergeron and marchand are great players, and kelly and paille are great too (as shown by tonight). So, how, again, is seguins inferior line the reason he isn't scoring?

Let's review the stats:

G A P +/- Shots Shot%
    Horton 7 11 18 22 32 21.9%
    Seguin 1 5 6 -1 64 1.6%

Seguin has attempted most shots on entire team but has only 1 goal! Horton has 7 times more goals on HALF as many shots (700% better on 50% fewer shots, pro rata that is 14 times better. yes. 1400% better). Seguin scores on 1.6% of shots, Horton on 21.9%. do you realize how rediculously high of a percentage 21.9% is? That's 1 goal every 4-5 shots. Seguin is scoring 1 goal every 64 shots. Horton is whooping seguin in every single category. There is not one single statistical category that seguin is beating horton in. So please tell me why "Horton is going to underperform wherever he goes" and why seguin is better than Horton. Horton is destroying seguin in every category and is #1 league in plus minus, #2 in league in points, #4 in goals, #4 in assists. 21.9% shooting % is also #1 in nhl among guys with at least 13 shots.

Yes that is "underperforming."

Horton is clutch playoff performer. Read the stats. #2 in points #1 in plus minus... and he's doing it all with a chronically separated shoulder! honestly what more do you want?
    Last edited by hockey216; 06-16-13 at 05:32 AM.

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dead as a hammer

Winnipeg Jets
    Winnipeg Jets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1459

yup hawks suck dinky balls.

hockey216

hey jersey robby you see Seguin turn puck over along boards on powerplay, giving up 2on1 and shorthanded goal? i told you seguin is terrible along boards. He gave up a shorthanded goal. You cannot do that in stanley cup finals. Seguin is back to -3 while Horton is +23.

That's why Seguin is better than Horton right?

Looks like you are the "20 year old with the 12 year old's education and pathetic hockey observations that looks like an idiot." The insults you try to call me tend to fit you better.

Last edited by hockey216; 06-21-13 at 07:58 AM.