Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Read that last night. Adrenaline must of Been high to block pain

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Read that last night. Adrenaline must of Been high to block pain
    yea, those 40 seconds must have felt like 15 minutes. had no idea his leg was broken, i was watching it thinking "oh come on, it doesn't hurt that bad, shake it off and block those lanes!"

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

got standing ovation. garden chanted his name at 1:30

Last edited by hockey216; 06-06-13 at 03:34 PM.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

A tough sob. Nice to know there are still real men playing pro sports.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

i dont get why people are applauding him, what he did was stupid and selfish, you force your team to play with an injured player on the ice, giving the opponent the upper hand. not to mention that by continuing to play with a broken leg you risk worsening the injury and increasing recovery time or even risking your whole career

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    i dont get why people are applauding him, what he did was stupid and selfish, you force your team to play with an injured player on the ice, giving the opponent the upper hand. not to mention that by continuing to play with a broken leg you risk worsening the injury and increasing recovery time or even risking your whole career

So he skates off giving them a 2 man advantage? No way and sure all he was thinking was kill penalty.

porr19
    porr19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Are you serious? Guess you were not watching the game.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    So he skates off giving them a 2 man advantage? No way and sure all he was thinking was kill penalty.
    in that case you are right, for some reason I thought they'd stop the game if a player's leg was brocken

Vegas39

in that case you are right, for some reason I thought they'd stop the game if a player's leg was brocken

No one knew at the time

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

In the NHL if a team is threatening offensively and a defensive player is hurt it has to be a life threatening injury for the refs to stop play like a puck to the face. Guys break legs and feet all the time blocking shots and play always continues. The reason for the rule is people could pull gay fake soccer injuries to gain advantages.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

You're right!

He should'a flopped

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

what he did was perfect. although injury limited his mobility, he was still able to clog shooting lane and take up great space and positionally played great to be in great position to block shot. had his stick in great position whole time too. did great job given his injury. almost swatted puck out of zone at one point. skating to bench would have given pit a 5-on-3 for about 15 seconds and i'd rather have him do what he did (clogging shooting and passing lanes) than take that risk giving them couple wide open shots from 5on3. campbell did right thing. and he played very well given his circumstances. i have respect for that. i never broke my leg but i imagine playing an nhl game on PK with a broken leg hurts like shit.