SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dennis Macklin: Play Preds at Hawks

Play Preds at Hawks

Game Time: 1/5/2007 8:30:00 PM
    By: Dennis Macklin
    http://www.procappers.com

Play the Nashville Predators as road favorites this evening when they skate at the United Center against the Chicago Blackhawks.

Two teams heading in opposite directions on the season and in this series meet tonight at the United Center in the Windy City.

Nashville (26-11-3 overall) is 8-3 in their last 11 skates while Chicago (17-18-5) is currently in a 1-3 funk over their last four. The Blackhawks had actually won the first three games in the series this year (8-6, 3-1 and 4-3) before the Predators broke through with a 2-1 decision on December 20.

Music City's ice patrol is 14-8 on enemy ice, 9-4 in the Central Division, and 15-3 vs. teams with losing records, with all three losses at the hands of Chicago. The Blackhawks are the worst revenge team in hockey going 15-46 (7-16 this year), and are just 5-24 (3-10 this year) with revenge off a home ice loss.

Chi Town's early success against Nashville is probably more a case of scheduling and catching the Preds in a slow start rather than having their number. Take Nashville as small road fave.

Play: Predators (-136)

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually like the under 5.5 in this game.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am just happy Chicago isn't playing St. Louis again. They played them like 3 times in a row. As far as this one goes I am leaning towards the Predators.