SBRPicks
    SBRPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

SBR Videos Friday 5/10 NHL Playoff Games Previews and Picks with Peter Loshak

SBR Forum's Peter Loshak previews the 4 NHL playoff games for May 10th and give his opinion on possible value on the betting lines.

Toronto/Boston Game 5

Rangers/Washington Game 5

Anaheim/Detroit Game 6

St Louis/LA Kings Game 6

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

bruins poor in closeouts under julien. i have watched every single regular season bruins game. you have to lay off bruins in -205 spots especially in playoffs. nhl home ice isnt like other sports. With Redden out (boychuck bruised leg too), bruins called up Bartowski, who was week on defense during regular season. i remember the awful decision/play on defense that got Bartowski tossed out of town and sent back to ahl for rest of season. Hamilton should get start instead. hamilton is mediocre for rookie, but weakest player on bruins defense. ive seen him make plenty of rookie mistakes throughout regular season. he was healthy scratched every game barring injuries/ference suspension for reason. maybe bruins will rotate 6th guy (hamilton/bartowski) light minutes... but i can see hamilton or bartowski having trouble with speed and physicality of toronto. plus, boston's pk was awful (2nd worst- low 70's %)for first 3 games and last 7 or so before that. cleaned it up in game 4, but bostons pk had given up a ton of pp goals over the last 10 games before that.

yes boston has the edge. but -205 is too much chalk. its nhl. penalties x factors. boston historically bad in closeout games. i am bruins fan and want/believe bruins win tonight. but -205 too chalky for my $. avoid big chalk like that in nhl playoffs. its not pittsburgh playing carolina. bruins is bad in closeout games under Julien. bruins win but -205 too chalky for me. GL though i am rooting for you as bruins fan.
    Last edited by hockey216; 05-10-13 at 06:20 PM.
    Points Awarded:

CarpeDime gave hockey216 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    bruins 3-6 in closeouts under julien. i have watched every single regular season bruins game. you have to lay off bruins in -205 spots especially in playoffs. nhl home ice isnt like other sports. With Redden out (boychuck bruised leg too), bruins called up Bartowski, who was week on defense during regular season. i remember the awful decision/play on defense that got Bartowski tossed out of town and sent back to ahl for rest of season. Hamilton should get start instead. hamilton is mediocre for rookie, but weakest player on bruins defense. ive seen him make plenty of rookie mistakes throughout regular season. he was healthy scratched every game barring injuries/ference suspension for reason. maybe bruins will rotate 6th guy (hamilton/bartowski) light minutes... but i can see hamilton or bartowski having trouble with speed and physicality of toronto. plus, boston's pk was awful (2nd worst- low 70's %)for first 3 games and last 7 or so before that. cleaned it up in game 4, but bostons pk had given up a ton of pp goals over the last 10 games before that.

yes boston has the edge. but -205 is too much chalk. its nhl. penalties x factors. boston historically bad in closeout games. i am bruins fan and want/believe bruins win tonight. but -205 too chalky for my $. avoid big chalk like that in nhl playoffs. its not pittsburgh playing carolina. bruins are 3-6 in closeout games under Julien. bruins win but -205 too chalky for me. GL though i am rooting for you as bruins fan.
    great analysis, great points

yes -205 could be too much you might be right there, but Rask is the anchor, that's huge to me

but yes you are right, penalties, bounces, etc etc make huge faves very very treacherous

like i said, it's not some kind of huge play, it's just, would i rather have bos -205 or tor +175???

all things considered i think i'd rather have bos, by a nose

i also dont put a lot of weight on historical team tendencies, like some team is 10-20 in game 5s or whatever

but we'll see!!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Vegas39