forthewin
    forthewin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Penguins-Flyers playoff series 2013?=Penguins-Islanders

Are we seeing a mirror image of last seasons playoff series between the Penguins and the Flyers? Last season Penguins were the best team in hockey and expected to win the cup. They met up with the Flyers and got steamrolled in the first round. The Penguins, who were supposed to be the better offensive team were consistently oushot, outworked, and just all around outplayed by a team that had the lesser offense and no defense just as the penguins lacked. This season we have have the exact same situation with the Islanders just giving pure hell to the penguins and once again the both teams present no defense and strangely the Islanders have emerged as the more offensive threat. Oh and lets not forget Fluery; that guy is complete unadulterated garbage he needs to see a psychiatrist prior to going into any playoff games ever. Why on Earth does Pittsburgh play so good all season for, only to crap it all away in the playoffs?

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Personally I think the Islanders have been watching some videos of the Penguins / Flyers games, and like I have said over and over and over again, regardless of how bad the Flyers are, they will always manage to put up a great performance, or bring the Penguins team down to their level so they are forced to play THEIR style of hockey, and that’s exactly what’s happening here. Game 1 the Pens were just absolutely dominant. They played their game, stuck to their game, and could not be knocked off of their must-win mentality.

From my write-up on nhlpredictions.com about tonight's game. I agree entirely.