DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8583

Canuck fans, how would you best describe your mood going into game 2?

Canuck fans, how would you best describe your mood going into game 2 tonight?

Extremely Confident
    Confident
    Somewhat confident
    Very nervous
    Excited
    Scared shitless
    will likely be watching 20/20 by the 3rd period

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

will likely be watching 20/20 by the 3rd period

DwightShrute

I hope they play like they can. No reason they shouldn't win this game tonight. The last game they showed they can beat this team if they out work and out hit them which they did in the 2nd period.

I am Somewhat confident the will win this one

philippe61
    Update your status
    philippe61's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

sharks in 5 6max

Vegas39

Your boys need to play more physical

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Your boys need to play more physical
    absolutely

can they is the question

DwightShrute

what channel is 20/20 on again?

Vegas39

You still have a shot

DwightShrute

You still have a shot
    ok seriously , 1-0 sharks heading into the 3rd..... what is the final score gonna be? OT?

Vegas39

2-1 Nucks
    Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave Vegas39 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Vegas39

Tied up,

DwightShrute

GOAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vegas39

Wow what a blast

DwightShrute

Hansen misses the empty net

OT

Kesler gets the hat trick?

Vegas39

Guessing Dwight at scared shitless stage

DwightShrute

Guessing Dwight at scared shitless stage
    no finger nails left

Canucks hit the cross bar

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Canucks choke as usual.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Embarrassing tying goal on Lou as usual. He folds in crunch time. He had played a hell of a game up until that point.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Embarrassing tying goal on Lou as usual. He folds in crunch time. He had played a hell of a game up until that point.
    you can blame H. Sedin for that goal too. instead of staying in front of shooter (or hitting him), he makes pathetic slide. player steps to side, makes pass to front of net, goal. Sedin made poor defensive play. Sliding twice. there's 1min left you can't slide like that especially if guy not in his windup.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

DG, I hear you on that one. I've said it before the season, and my opinion still stands: Lou is a great regular season goalie, but he's not the one you want to have on your team in the playoffs. As sad as it is. But on the other hand: We can't always blame the goalie. They are down 0:1, come back and lead 2:1 only to piss it away again. Team isn't physical enough, even more, I would say: they don't have the 100% will and passion to absolutely win a game. I'm not saying they don't want to, but the last maybe 2-3% are missing. We saw it last year (Kings) what a team with 100% commitment is capable of. Or look at the Islanders: I really really like their team right now. They are not a team with the highest talent, they don't have big superstars, I don't see any player really standing out, but they are a TEAM. They were down 0:1 after 43 seconds, 1:3 after the 1st period. And it felt like they always truely believed they could still win this game (of course Fleury did his part...). The way they are skating, the body language, that's 100% out there. Nucks have a few players that have kind of a phlegm. And I really do think (and said it last year as well) that this is not the players, but the coaches fault. I think it really could be time to get rid of Alain Vigneault. A new input could possibly kill this phlegm. I don't like Vigneault too much though, maybe I'm biased, said it last season a couple of times: One of the things I find highly annoying about him is the way he behaves... Team lets a goal in: Vigneault chews his gum and has a dumb arrogant smile. Team is behind: Vigneault chews his gum and has a dumb arrogant smile. Team lost first game: Vigneault chews his gum, has a dumb arrogant smile and says “Some of that is sometimes jumping and maybe making more scrums and winning those one-on-ones instead of trying to beat some of those guys clean, the way they cheat and they are allowed to cheat," Vigneault told reporters following the team’s practice at Rogers Arena. So that's the reason your team lost Alain? Really? Because Sharks are 'cheating in the faceoff circle'? Come on man..... If you think that's the reason it's damn fcking easy: Tell your team to do the exact same 'cheating'.

Sorry for the essay and possible grammatical errors, but I haven't slept tonight and am wide awake on a saturday morning (and still pissed off about the poor performance from the Nucks)

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    DG, I hear you on that one. I've said it before the season, and my opinion still stands: Lou is a great regular season goalie, but he's not the one you want to have on your team in the playoffs. As sad as it is. But on the other hand: We can't always blame the goalie. They are down 0:1, come back and lead 2:1 only to piss it away again. Team isn't physical enough, even more, I would say: they don't have the 100% will and passion to absolutely win a game. I'm not saying they don't want to, but the last maybe 2-3% are missing. We saw it last year (Kings) what a team with 100% commitment is capable of. Or look at the Islanders: I really really like their team right now. They are not a team with the highest talent, they don't have big superstars, I don't see any player really standing out, but they are a TEAM. They were down 0:1 after 43 seconds, 1:3 after the 1st period. And it felt like they always truely believed they could still win this game (of course Fleury did his part...). The way they are skating, the body language, that's 100% out there. Nucks have a few players that have kind of a phlegm. And I really do think (and said it last year as well) that this is not the players, but the coaches fault. I think it really could be time to get rid of Alain Vigneault. A new input could possibly kill this phlegm. I don't like Vigneault too much though, maybe I'm biased, said it last season a couple of times: One of the things I find highly annoying about him is the way he behaves... Team lets a goal in: Vigneault chews his gum and has a dumb arrogant smile. Team is behind: Vigneault chews his gum and has a dumb arrogant smile. Team lost first game: Vigneault chews his gum, has a dumb arrogant smile and says “Some of that is sometimes jumping and maybe making more scrums and winning those one-on-ones instead of trying to beat some of those guys clean, the way they cheat and they are allowed to cheat," Vigneault told reporters following the team’s practice at Rogers Arena. So that's the reason your team lost Alain? Really? Because Sharks are 'cheating in the faceoff circle'? Come on man..... If you think that's the reason it's damn fcking easy: Tell your team to do the exact same 'cheating'.

Sorry for the essay and possible grammatical errors, but I haven't slept tonight and am wide awake on a saturday morning (and still pissed off about the poor performance from the Nucks)
    Agreed on AV. I've wanted him gone for years. Whether the Nucks are up 5-1 or down 5-1 he has the same dumb smirk on his face and never seems to fire up the troops at all. We need a Ken Hitchcock type coach that makes everyone accountable even the superstars.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Agreed on AV. I've wanted him gone for years. Whether the Nucks are up 5-1 or down 5-1 he has the same dumb smirk on his face and never seems to fire up the troops at all. We need a Ken Hitchcock type coach that makes everyone accountable even the superstars.
    Exactly. And AV is so fcking stubborn. Seems like he never has a 2nd plan if things don't go the right way. Imo he is tactically unflexible. He has his gameplan and no matter what happens on the ice, he sticks to it.
    Another thing I hate is that he is too carefull. Sounds stupid at first, but honestly: How many games have the Nucks lost because they weren't going for another goal, but trying to defend a lead? (And with Lou in net it's even dumber...) I have nothing against some good and solid D when it's necessary, but sometimes it would be easier to just put another one in and finish it.

hockey216

not coach's fault his whole team is pussies. sedins are clueless.

hockey216

Edler lost that game. If you're going to pinch as a D, you HAVE to make sure you get the puck in deep. You can only shoot if you KNOW it's gonna get through. if you got guy in your face ready to block, you can't shoot and have shot get blocked, or you give up breakaway or 2-on-1. You can't do that when you pinch, or you will pay the price. have to dump that puck in the corner. Edler made this mistake, and the team paid the price. If shot can easily get blocked (2 on 1 other way), you have to dump the puck in the corner. Or just don't pinch. if he was going to pinch, have to dump that in corner. dont try shot with guy in your face bc if he blocks it, its breakaway or 2on1 other way. that's exactly what happened. i see this unfold all the time. maybe edler will learn his lesson.

DwightShrute

It was a great game to watch. Disappointing finish of course.

A couple positives for Canuck fans:
    1. Kesler was great
    2. Luongo was great
    3. They know they can play with these guys

Ya ok they lost both games at home and that's not good but if Hansen hits that empty net the series is 1-1.

Vancouver still can win the series. I think they will.

DwightShrute

and a further though. They play 7 games not 2. Lots of hockey left boys. I wouldn't be at all surprised if its 2 games to 2 when they play Thursday in Vancouver.

What happened in Pittsburgh yesterday?

CANUCKS SERIES +460

tombuckers
    Buck Man
    tombuckers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

4-0 Sharks or Nucks come back to win it I reckon! Missed the game last night, had £100 on Nucks in reg and now you say they missed an empty netter and SJ score in last minute! Ouch hurts even more. Glad I didn't watch this game now.

Deol
    Deol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5712

VAN has to win 4 of 5, not likely going to happen. VAN isn't very clutch. I surmise a split in SJ, down 3-1 most likely. +460 wouldn't be enough for me.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by tombuckers View Post
    they missed an empty netter and SJ score in last minute! Ouch hurts even more. Glad I didn't watch this game now.
    He was right at center and shot it and it looked like it missed the wide open net by 6 inches

boeing power

Canucks are done,

Lou is a choker, sedin sisters are pussys.

Kesler is a beast though.

1sob
    1sob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

van is done !!!
    AV gets fire this summer
    Gillis is next and time to break up the core group
    Raymond ufa and havent done shit in the 2 games
    Kesler is good but he's glass one hit he's done

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

maybe some of those hits will take the edge off the sharks tomorrow. canucks have been outhitting them hard. sometimes teams get beat up and keep it quiet, i wouldn't be surprised if half the sharks are nursing something right now.

boeing power

Canucks .

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Happy to see these dirty diving bitches on their way out. Get out the brooms.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Kesler the only player on the Canucks that really wants to win, everyone else just coasting.

AV will probably be fired, I expect major changes to canucks, possibly dumping sedin twins.

12 Last