OldSchoolPro
    OldSchoolPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 390

Mid-week baseball play:

Pittsburgh vs. St. Louis: Pirates, + 110, 1 unit.

St Louis opened - 131, down 10 or 15 cents now. If you like having or hearing a reason for your bets, Pittsburgh pitcher has a killer ground-ball vs. fly ball ratio, and the Cardinal hurler has been throwing way too many pitches (115+ in three of last four) in his last few outings.

Also, Pirates have cooler uniforms, and a better (retro) theme song (We Are Family).

- OSP

PS: Not on Oakland today, even for the last game of their series vs. the Astros. The A's are about 220 over Houston, they lost last night at a similar price.

OldSchoolPro

A's today, vs. Cleveland, - 125.

- OSP

OldSchoolPro

Getaway Day Baseball Plays:

D2D used to look to play under on mid-week afternoon games, he felt that those games had a tendency to fall low as the umps and players were in a hurry to get off the field and onto the plane.

Two of those look particularly good to me today: Yankees (under 9) and Detroit (under 8).

Andrew Albers is pitching for the Twins against the Tigers, he's off to a monster start with a pitches per inning rate as low as any I've ever seen (under 13) over his first three games. Taking a monster price, too (Detroit is sending their ace, Verlander, laying 250).

Three Plays:

Yankees Under 9
    Detroit Under 8
    Twins + 230

1 Unit Each

- OSP

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

What's the latest on D2D? Is he coming back before the football season starts?

OldSchoolPro

D2D appears to be gone, but he lives on in the hearts and minds of degenerate gamblers everywhere.

Incidentally, he would have had a monster day on the baseball totals this afternoon, he always liked under on getaway day and that's probably going to hit on 3 out of the four games (not the Tigers, but all the others).

Let's hope wherever he is, he played his own system this afternoon.

Guess he was so shaken by a couple of bad days he had at baseball, and his much-discussed break-up with his girlfriend, that, to borrow a phrase from The Cincinnati Kid, by Walter Tevis, "he was so shaken by the bad beat that he pissed red in the john and went square."

I was so effected by that phrase as a nine year old when I read that novel that I remember it now, almost a hundred years later (I'm slightly younger than Mick Jagger but appear older than Keith Richards, I don't get my blood changed as often as he does).

Donuts (his close friends call him Donuts) did leave me, through an indirect source, his picks for Week One in the NCAA (this is a total lie, don't believe me), I'll try to post them if I can find time and anyone wants them.

Incidentally, the baseball sides I posted this morning are doing great, so if any of you degennies want to bet NFL Pre-season tonight, play Detroit / New England under (46), that's what D2D would be on if he wasn't busy doing his gardening and running to the supermarket for his new girlfriend, and taking her car to the Sears outlet to get the tires rotated.

We miss you, D. Everyone much prefers your posts to mine (even me), I can promise you that. Come back soon.

- OSP

One Play: Detroit / New England, NFL Pre-season, Under 46, 1 unit

OldSchoolPro

Correction: Late runs in the rain-delayed Cub game turning D2D's mid-week baseball system into a loser today, break - even at best.

Bottoms of the ninth like this (3 runs to send a game that was 4-1 over 7x) are what drove D2D from the handicapping biz in the first place.

A tough way to make an easy living, at best.

- OSP

OldSchoolPro

Opening Saturday of College Football, no D2D.

Someone's gotta put up a football pick here, un-American not to have anyone post one.

Monroe, if there is such a team, plus around three touchdowns, if that's what they're getting.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

- Blutarski

OldSchoolPro

Homer ump goes tonight, play Colorado + 127 vs. Cardinals

negerkost
    negerkost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 272

Am I the only one who daily visit this thread in hope of D2D's comeback?

I really hope you are going to be back for this NFL, NBA and MLB season!!

SEKTAUR
    SEKTAUR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19046

[QUOTE=negerkost;19808130]Am I the only one who daily visit this thread in hope of D2D's comeback?

loser

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Quote Originally Posted by negerkost View Post

bald_guy
    bald_guy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5019

Quote Originally Posted by negerkost View Post

I also wish he would come back. He was great at most all sports Cept MLB. I tried to tell him to just play the other sports he was good at and leave MLB alone. But he was determined he could also make a fortune in it and self destructed as a result.

D2D truly is superman, and MLB was his kryptonite.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

It's a shot in the dark, but I'm gonna try and get in touch with D2D, see what he's up to, and convince him to get back here.

negerkost

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    It's a shot in the dark, but I'm gonna try and get in touch with D2D, see what he's up to, and convince him to get back here.
    Amazing!

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

D2D said he is strongly considering a return for the upcoming Nba season.

Your leader made and won his first nfl bet of the year on the cowboys -5.5 and now plans on having a full NFL card each week from here on out.

negerkost

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    D2D said he is strongly considering a return for the upcoming Nba season.

Your leader made and won his first nfl bet of the year on the cowboys -5.5 and now plans on having a full NFL card each week from here on out.
    Damn, thank you! =D Me and probably MAAANY more looking forward for the big return of our hero!!

OldSchoolPro

Possible D2D Sighting

A friend writes from Wash. state:

"I was driving home from a holiday in Vegas a couple weeks back. I stopped in Winnemucca for gas. The attendant was using the toilet, so a Canadian guy in his late 30's, seemed like the manager, came out to pump for me. I saw he was reading 'The Gold Sheet', so I said to him, 'How about that number, the Broncos favored by 27 points over the Jaguars?'

'Dollars to Doughnuts the Broncos don't cover 27,' he replied.

Probably not him, but maybe it was, I can't tell.

Signed,

Wash State Punter

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

A. Read a book on sports-betting, learn about variance, money management, unit sizing, blah blah blah.

B. figure out what sports you like and/or know about.

C. Do your research. Read previews, listen to podcasts, watch media, crunch some stats - and....

D. Pick your own damn plays and stop crying on some forum where nobody gives a fukc

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1345

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    A. Read a book on sports-betting, learn about variance, money management, unit sizing, blah blah blah.

B. figure out what sports you like and/or know about.

C. Do your research. Read previews, listen to podcasts, watch media, crunch some stats - and....

D. Pick your own damn plays and stop crying on some forum where nobody gives a fukc
    +1! Yeah, learn some shit about how to cap games and stop worshiping guys like dollars to dipshit.

OldSchoolPro

I stopped worshiping (were you talking to me?), now there's no one to talk to period. Oakland tomorrow in the NFL, plus 9x.

- OSP

latino61992
    latino61992's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1570

where did D2D go.. use to follow all his picks he was great at nhl and nba.. always talked about nfl being his best sport and hasnt posted once this season

l3randonf
    l3randonf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 323

Quote Originally Posted by latino61992 View Post
    where did D2D go.. use to follow all his picks he was great at nhl and nba.. always talked about nfl being his best sport and hasnt posted once this season
    D2D was effected greatly by the trolls that popped up in this thread as he gained popularity. I believe he also was having trouble with the girlfriend. He was supposed to return for NFL. Guessing he's gone for good.

First ... 107108109110