BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Do any games go under anymore in the NHL?

Yesterday I saw an NHL highlight...my first one all year.

But I see scores online all the time...and it seems like every game is really high scoring this year.

I know there are some rule changes but I didn't know one of them involved playing games without goalies.

So what's the deal...just start betting overs blindly? How are the books adjusting to this?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4543

Its just sick. Like that game yesterday, I think it was the Canes/Flyers. 8-6 final.

Tonight, 8-0 final in that Sentors/Leafs game. 6-4 final in the Sabres/Islander game.

Just crazy scoring in "todays" NHL. But thats what they wanted. I feel for the goaltenders, they are getting killed.

You got to do a double take, and make sure your on the NHL scoreboard and not the MLB one.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i hate the new rules BB to be honest with ya. the scoring alone doesn't make me wanna bet any unders right now and, the puck lines are outragous due to the vig.

OldeTymePlaya
    OldeTymePlaya's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is some entertaining hockey but its tricky for betting

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Most the games are on Power Plays most of the time, and that has brought the scoring up. So the rule changes are working the way they wanted.

But Im with Dan, it sucks for the puck lines, too much vig to even think about betting that way. Just been ML's for me on the NHL board each night. And to take a under, is plain crazy.

Shawn01
    Shawn01's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can be sure that the goalies hate this as much or more than the bettors. Gone are the days of a goals against average of less than 3.00

bigboydan

your 100% correct playa, last season or, should i say the last time there was a season. i was +57 units and, this year it's much harder to win because of the puck lines and o/u'ers are so out of whack.plus the trends are basicly worthless from years past IMHOO... so, this year is going to be my toughest chalenge/season yet.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    plus the trends are basicly worthless from years past IMHOO
    I agree.
    Its like a new league.
    The past season trends you can throw out the window.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I mean I am not even a hockey fan at all...i don't know anything really about hockey but i see the sports ticker all the time and I see some ridiculous scores out there.

I don't think I'll bet over blind but it's tempting...I am sure the books are giong to adjust if they haven't already.

Keep me updated on this guys!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear
    I mean I am not even a hockey fan at all...i don't know anything really about hockey but i see the sports ticker all the time and I see some ridiculous scores out there.

I don't think I'll bet over blind but it's tempting...I am sure the books are giong to adjust if they haven't already.

Keep me updated on this guys!
    I think the opening night, the totals were 5/5.5, and they quickly adjusted them up from there.

Mostly 6 to 7 point totals now.
    There was a 5.5 total today, and that was the B.Jackets/Wild game. It went under, the final was Wild 3-1.

Money Line Maker
    Money Line Maker's Avatar Become A Pro!

BUddy, dont forget i work and make the lines in veegas, olur over and unders are fool proof, this is a sucker trap, suckers like you are gonna start betting the overs blindly and then V town is gonna start raking in the bg bucks. Trust me buddy, every trend thatyou think yo find, vegas is 10 steps ahead of you. We are wiating for fools like you to bet on "trends" hahahahahaha anyways ill get back to your email and ill try to help you as fast as possible.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Money Line Maker
    BUddy, dont forget i work and make the lines in veegas, olur over and unders are fool proof, this is a sucker trap, suckers like you are gonna start betting the overs blindly and then V town is gonna start raking in the bg bucks. Trust me buddy, every trend thatyou think yo find, vegas is 10 steps ahead of you. We are wiating for fools like you to bet on "trends" hahahahahaha anyways ill get back to your email and ill try to help you as fast as possible.
    I warned you about calling out posters.

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's not really my place to question the mods, but surely I'm not the only one that thinks that this forum is not the place for every lowlife to live out his internet fantasy, am I?

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh, and give or take a few overs or unders for hooks and whatnot, I see a number of 79 overs and 83 unders.

That sure doesn't seem like what I remember. Seems like every game goes over. Guess I just don't notice the unders.

bigboydan

if you guys can find a book that takes action on 2nd period over/unders, might i sugguest always betting the over in the 2nd period of games. because, i've noticed that the 2nd periods are always high scoring for some reason.