hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Anyone else get screwed by refs on STL/DET game?

Worst call ever. That was a CLEAN hit. 5 minute major and a game misconduct? Unbelievable.

Terrible call lead to Detroit game winning PP goal.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Slightly late hit but no contact to the head at all. Backes hit his chest

That's a bad 5 minute major call. 2 for charging maybe at worst.

hockey216

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Slightly late hit but no contact to the head at all. Backes hit his chest

That's a bad 5 minute major call. 2 for charging maybe at worst.
    Watch it in real time. Not really that late. Got hit fraction of a second after he released the puck. I thought it was a legal hit. It was immediately after he let go of the puck. Not late enough to be called interference in my opinion.

But according to the ref, the call was ruled, "5 minute major - delivering an illegal hit to the head."

They called it a hit to the head, not a late hit.

but I see your point about timing. I definitely didn't think it was a charge. He slid into him: he wasn't skating. However, even if you want to call it late, maybe 2 minutes for interference at the most. 5 minute major for a hit to the head and a game misconduct is ridiculous. No head contact at all. right into the chest. clean hockey hit. It was ruled a 5 minute major and a game misconduct for "delivering an illegal hit to the head." Definitely not a hit to the head. Not interference or charging in my opinion either. But if you want to call it interference, obviously that's another discussion.
    Last edited by hockey216; 02-02-13 at 01:40 AM.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    Watch it in real time. Not really that late. Got hit fraction of a second after he released the puck. I thought it was a legal hit. It was immediately after he let go of the puck. Not late enough to be called interference in my opinion.

But according to the ref, the call was ruled, "5 minute major - delivering an illegal hit to the head."

They called it a hit to the head, not a late hit.

but I see your point about timing. I definitely didn't think it was a charge. He slid into him: he wasn't skating. However, even if you want to call it late, maybe 2 minutes for interference at the most. 5 minute major for a hit to the head and a game misconduct is ridiculous. No head contact at all. right into the chest. clean hockey hit. It was ruled a 5 minute major and a game misconduct for "delivering an illegal hit to the head." Definitely not a hit to the head. Not interference or charging in my opinion either.
    Yeah it really was clean I was speaking from a ref's POV. The D man was admiring his pass which seems to always be the case when injuries happen. The refs always overreact when a guy crumples to the ice. Players need to keep their heads up ultimately to avoid clean hits like this but at the same time players need to know when a guys in a vulnerable position. Shit does happen in a split second out there though so I don't blame Backes for smoking the guy.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

horrible fukin call... refs have been a complete joke this year... that's a 5 and landesksog gets targeted in the head and there wasn't even a 2 on the play... pretty disgusting and makes no sense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGah...e_gdata_player

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

anyone see this hit on simmonds? guy got rocked with a dirty elbow. no penalty at all. another capital player got his ass kicked right after though,

hit>.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Gjy61B9m4

fight > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9x9xKrgJ4M
    Last edited by face; 02-02-13 at 11:58 AM.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Friday night in Detroit, refs sided with Detroit as always. Its turning into the NBA

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Better team won.

How did you get screwed? It was a 3-3 game anyway.

Make a bad play, you lose.

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Better team won.

The point is it wasn't a 'bad' play...

hockey216

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Better team won.

it was a 3-3 game. Judging from the game, i probably had a 60% chance of winning if refs didn't call a major on that play. Detroit's powerplay was only reason they were in the game. And that BS 5 minute major powerplay at the end gave them winning goal. Even if that was a 2:00 call, the pp goal wouldnt have happened because blues killed first 3:15 of penalty. being a 5min major for "illegal hit to the head" was what gave them winning goal. Could i have lost anyway? yes. Could i have won? yes. Would i probably have won based on the 5-on-5 play the last 40 minutes? Yes.

Today the league officially rescinded the 5minute major and 10 minute misconduct for the "illegal hit to the head." obviously stl still lost. but the league came out today and said it was a clean hit right in his chest. no head contact at all. they rescinded the call. for whatever its worth.