Hi all,

I did this last year... didn't really keep the thread going... looking to start it up again.

I am not a big bettor... I just do it for some fun and to drive my interest in games where the Leafs aren't playing... and my favourite thing are these Pro Pools we have from OLG (Ontario Lottery and Gaming)... $5 gets you a chance at some big money.

I have won the EPL pool twice and the NHL pool once. All 3 times there were plenty of winners so the payout wasn't too big but has kept me going for a long time.

How it works is they give you a list of games for the night (or two day period) - for hockey it is between 9 - 15 games and basically whoever gets the most right wins the pool. For example, if many people go 10/10 they all split the pool. The pool usually has about $80 -$100k in it (after OLG's cut). On standard nights, where the results are not too nuts you are looking at around 100 winners so $800-$1k a head.

They also offer the option to "box" out games:

No box - $5
1 box - $10
2 box - $20
3 box - $40
4 box - $80

So I know I am competing against some ppl who have boxed out games and have a better chance then me. But I am happy throwing $5 at when it is offered.

Anyways, lets get started! This Pro Pool ticket runs for Feb. 1 and Feb. 2.

Here are my picks:

1. PHI at WAS - PHI
2. OTT at CAR - CAR
3. WPG at TB - TB
4. STL at DET - DET
5. PHX at DAL - DAL
6. CHI at VAN - CHI
7. MIN at ANA - ANA
8. NJ at PIT - PIT
9. BUF at MTL - MTL
10. EDM at COL - EDM

Good luck to all!