TheBlum
    TheBlum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 71

Blackhawks!

Sorry, just pumped .. 6-0 .. best record they've had in 85 years

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Let's go Hawks! Let's go Hawks! I'm so pissed I haven't been able to watch any since their first games, Uverse doesn't carry NHL center Ice.

TheBlum

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    Let's go Hawks! Let's go Hawks! I'm so pissed I haven't been able to watch any since their first games, Uverse doesn't carry NHL center Ice.

I just moved for business from Chicago ... i'm dying ....

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlum View Post
    I just moved for business from Chicago ... i'm dying ....
    I'm out in Cali for school now, it hurts not being able to watch, never thought I would miss versus/nbc sports/whatever its called now. I've heard Roku boxes might solve the problem, but I can't imagine watching stream quality hockey.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90264

Enjoy them now while it last.

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

i'm actually loving it. you can argue all you want, but the BLACKHAWKS are now more popular than the Bulls in CHI TOWN. i never thought i'd ever say this, but it's currently true. i have many reasons to back it up. I've been watching WGN all week and in sports, it's all Hawks from start to end, then they barely mention bulls. also, since DRose got hurt, bulls tv rating went from 4.2 last yr, to 2.2 this yr. The hawks this yr have been averaging roughly 7.0. almost 3.5x more viewers than bulls. In 2008, chicago didn't even know hockey existed. since the cup in 2010, no other team in all 4 major sports have gotten more of a larger fan base than the hawks. they have gained 6x as many fans as 2008. It's pretty impressive considering Chicago has alot of brothers and we all know how much blacks hate hockey in the U.S. They don't get the game and can't relate to it.

I hope this popularity continues in the windy city. it's great for hockey. chicago is such a big market and attracting all those fans is great for the game. Lets GO HAWKS.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Nicky, remember when they gave tickets away and didn't show games on TV because no one would go to games? Now they are the "best" fans in hockey?

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Nicky, remember when they gave tickets away and didn't show games on TV because no one would go to games? Now they are the "best" fans in hockey?
    Or when Detroit fans would outnumber Hawks fans at the United Center during rivalry games. Doesn't matter that's the past, Hawks went from the bottom to the top of attendance in a year, and they will be near the top for the foreseeable future.

Nicky Santoro

yeah, in 2008 or so, there were 12,000 fans and they couldn't give tickets away. all we can see were empty seats. no one cared. 1% of chicago could name you 2 players. Today, 74% of chicago can name you 3 players. I love it. We can now officially say.. CHICAGO is now a hockey town.. They have a great team and are fun to watch. KANE, TOEWS, HOSSA, KEITH, SEABROOK.. and the list goes on. Deuce, i hate to break it to you, but we could be seeing the end of your Detroit being hockeytown and chicago might be taking over now. it's the end of an era. Well, at least you guys had a good run.

Deuce, i can't beleive after all these yrs, you are still posting strong at SBR, and still posting in the wee hrs. You and maybe 2 others are the only ones i recognize that's still posting since i got here in 2008. Didn't you get sick of this place yet??????

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21581

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
    i'm actually loving it. you can argue all you want, but the BLACKHAWKS are now more popular than the Bulls in CHI TOWN. i never thought i'd ever say this, but it's currently true. i have many reasons to back it up. I've been watching WGN all week and in sports, it's all Hawks from start to end, then they barely mention bulls. also, since DRose got hurt, bulls tv rating went from 4.2 last yr, to 2.2 this yr. The hawks this yr have been averaging roughly 7.0. almost 3.5x more viewers than bulls. In 2008, chicago didn't even know hockey existed. since the cup in 2010, no other team in all 4 major sports have gotten more of a larger fan base than the hawks. they have gained 6x as many fans as 2008. It's pretty impressive considering Chicago has alot of brothers and we all know how much blacks hate hockey in the U.S. They don't get the game and can't relate to it.

I hope this popularity continues in the windy city. it's great for hockey. chicago is such a big market and attracting all those fans is great for the game. Lets GO HAWKS.
    Not sure your numbers are right, regardless it's a short-term phenomena. Bulls winning the NBA Championship would dwarf the Hawks winning the Cup. It's not even close.

TheBlum

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Not sure your numbers are right, regardless it's a short-term phenomena. Bulls winning the NBA Championship would dwarf the Hawks winning the Cup. It's not even close.
    Ehhh, that's a bold statement to make

Nicky Santoro

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlum View Post
    Ehhh, that's a bold statement to make
    That guy is very anti hockey. I wonder why.

He loves basketball and hates hockey.....+300
    He had money on the Wings tonight..... +500
    The Hawks have cost him tons of money in the past.... +700
    He's black...+600
    He's just in a bad mood....+400

The Field... +120

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

They didn't show games on tv because of Arthur Wirtz. Games were sold out and they were not sown on tv.
    The Stanley Cup finals in 1971 were blacked out on CBS so if you wanted to watch the game you had to pay at a theater to watch it on closed circuit tv

Nicky Santoro

From NBC Sports.

Comcast SportsNet Chicago scores highest Blackhawks reg season rating ever last night -- a 6.31 HH rating for its gm vs. Detroit

Including last night’s record-breaking rating on Comcast SportsNet, the Top 4 highest-rated Blackhawks regular season games in network history have all occurred over the past six days

Bulls are averaging a 2.2 rating this season, and they are doing good. Hawks tripled that last night.. and the game was on cable.. it wasn't even on NBC. also, it went up against the Pro Bowl too, and we all know how big NFL is in chicago.

YOU GOTTA LOVE THE HAWKS FANS..

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

We'll take the 1 seed while you live in the past

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21581

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
    From NBC Sports.

Comcast SportsNet Chicago scores highest Blackhawks reg season rating ever last night -- a 6.31 HH rating for its gm vs. Detroit

Including last night’s record-breaking rating on Comcast SportsNet, the Top 4 highest-rated Blackhawks regular season games in network history have all occurred over the past six days

Bulls are averaging a 2.2 rating this season, and they are doing good. Hawks tripled that last night.. and the game was on cable.. it wasn't even on NBC. also, it went up against the Pro Bowl too, and we all know how big NFL is in chicago.

YOU GOTTA LOVE THE HAWKS FANS..
    Just found the Bulls at 2.96, down 49% from last season. That will change when Rose returns. You're cherry-picking the Hawks highest game ever when people are interested in hockey after the lockout and comparing against early regular season without Rose.

Over time things return to normal and the Bulls draw much more interest. Let's say who has higher playoff viewership, and whose playoff tickets scalp for more.

JakeLc

I was at the game in Columbus a few days ago and the building was just about half Hawk fans

Nicky Santoro

d2,

of course the hawks cant compete with da bulls. i mean, come on.. basketball is american, they have an amazing history with Jordan, Pippen, etc...they won a ton back then. also, you got the mexicans and blacks of chicago who love baskets and don't watch hockey. that'll help the bulls ratings. hockey is canadian and new to the city with not much tradition and only 1 cup in the last 52 yrs. i know it's temporary, but damn, give the hawks some credit. the bulls draw 2.96 tv rating, and the hawks last night peaked at 8.09 just before Pro Bowl kickoff. not bad huh?? that's almost triple the bulls get this yr, who btw are still doing great. not like they're 12-47.

had there not been a pro bowl yesterday night, it would've been record shattering and i mean shattering. 8.09 is not bad considering it was only 99% whites, i wonder if the bulls ever got 8.09 in any game last yr with Rose.. on cable.. not ABC..

JakeLc

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/co...ory?id=4766185

from 2009

From the national anthem through two intermissions, even in the rare home defeats, there is a noise level and an emotional charge at Hawks' games that simply can't compare to the canned noise and static atmosphere at most of the Bulls' regular-season games.

Nicky Santoro

Quote Originally Posted by JakeLc View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/co...ory?id=4766185

from 2009

From the national anthem through two intermissions, even in the rare home defeats, there is a noise level and an emotional charge at Hawks' games that simply can't compare to the canned noise and static atmosphere at most of the Bulls' regular-season games.
    amazing.. and that was before the hawks won the cup. imagine how it is now?? i swear to god, each time i watch the hawks' anthem.. i get massive goosebumps. it never gets old.. and i even tear up. i swear. i just love it.

D2, did you read that article? it said bulls are averaging 2.27 rating that year and D Rose was playing. And they said that was up by 11% from the previous yr...Hawks that yr were 1.92, just a tad behind them and they were not even that good back then. so they were basically tied back then. now it's not even close. d2, i'll bet you hawks playoff games will beat Bulls playoff games with Drose this yr.

Back up D2.. hawks have now taken over. They are now the talk of town.

Gamble32jn
    Keep Faith!!!!!!!!
    Gamble32jn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hawks are rolling good this year so far. Good thing about a hawks game is they will always get into a fight and beat the breaks off someone lol