SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vegas Over/Under For Claude Giroux

set at 52.5 points for the season.

I LOVE the OVER.

NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

More than a ppg in a shortened season.. Homer at its finest. He won't even hit 45.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by NavsPicks View Post
    More than a ppg in a shortened season.. Homer at its finest. He won't even hit 45.
    It works out to around 1.1 points per game and with our offense the only way he doesn't get over 52.5 points is if he sustains a major injury. Otherwise, this is free fukkin money Vegas is giving away.

NavsPicks

I know flyers have a good offence but you lost jvr and jagr. Teams are gonna put their best players against giroux this year. This is far from free money just my opinion , nothing against giroux he's a great player but playing 5 games vs lundqvist , Pittsburgh won't help

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1794

What are some other over/unders?

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Avg a point per game, stupid bet. If he's injured for one week he will miss at least 4 games

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

I know flyers have a good offence but you lost jvr and jagr. Teams are gonna put their best players against giroux this year. This is far from free money just my opinion , nothing against giroux he's a great player but playing 5 games vs lundqvist , Pittsburgh won't help
    First of all, G's point production won't suffer at all. He is the focal point of the offense. He is going to play first unit power play every game. They have been playing Brayden Schenn on his wing in practice on the first line since training camp opened. Have you been paying attention to AHL hockey? Schenn tore that league a new asshole for the Phantoms and now he's on G's wing.

Yeah, this is free money. The only thing that stops him from getting over 52.5 points this season is a major injury.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
    Avg a point per game, stupid bet. If he's injured for one week he will miss at least 4 games
    He can get 4 points the first game back.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

You're better off finding an under to bet on.

Any minor injury that costs giroux a few games and this bet loses.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Stupid bet

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    You're better off finding an under to bet on.

Any minor injury that costs giroux a few games and this bet loses.
    But if there's no injury it's a rock solid play.

Basically, you're gambling that he is going to suffer a major injury versus not getting one.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1794

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    But if there's no injury it's a rock solid play.

Basically, you're gambling that he is going to suffer a major injury versus not getting one.
    He can have a bad start and not have enough games to catch up.

Not like he's Crosby....

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    He can have a bad start and not have enough games to catch up.

Not like he's Crosby....
    If he plays the full 48 games he's going to have 35-40 points just in assists alone. Factor in the fact that players (read goalies) have had extended time off during the lockout and are out of shape, plus the fact they will be playing every other day which means they will getting in a rhythm and this is easy money.

Vegas39

idiot homer bet as others have stated, Should he slump or even a small injury and its toast in a shortened season

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    idiot homer bet as others have stated, Should he slump or even a small injury and its toast in a shortened season
    Slump? In a shortened season when they're playing every other day? Stop playing with yourself dikkhead.

Vegas39

Slump? In a shortened season when they're playing every other day? Stop playing with yourself dikkhead.
    waste your money others tried warning you kid

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    waste your money others tried warning you kid
    So what do I care about what others say? What do they know?

I can say with full and absolute confidence that no one on this forum knows the Flyers like I do.

If he stays healthy, this is free money. Playing every other day against players who are still trying to get in shape, getting in a rhythm himself from the condensed schedule, first unit power play duties every game, as well as the focal point of the offense.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Giroux will miss games with that neck injury he sustained playing in Europe.

46 points in 42 games is my prediction.

I like phill kessel under 46.5, coach Carlyle will have the leafs playing defense first this year.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    Giroux will miss games with that neck injury he sustained playing in Europe.

46 points in 42 games is my prediction.

I like phill kessel under 46.5, coach Carlyle will have the leafs playing defense first this year.
    He is fully recovered and is fine. Hasn't missed a beat in training camp. No missed games.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

First off no such thing as free money.

Secondly, this is a fukkin sharp line. If it goes over wont go over by much. If he were to have a drop off season it would be this one. Shortened season players are playing way more often than usual and injuries are going to occur more frequently than usual. No doubt hes an amazing talent but his supporting cast will also have to pick up the slack. Hate betting these season props so many things can fukk this up. Injury, suspension, teammates are drunk on the ice and cant score when Giroux sets them up.....fatigue factor as well.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    First off no such thing as free money.

Secondly, this is a fukkin sharp line. If it goes over wont go over by much. If he were to have a drop off season it would be this one. Shortened season players are playing way more often than usual and injuries are going to occur more frequently than usual. No doubt hes an amazing talent but his supporting cast will also have to pick up the slack. Hate betting these season props so many things can fukk this up. Injury, suspension, teammates are drunk on the ice and cant score when Giroux sets them up.....fatigue factor as well.
    Holy shit, what a fatalistic view.

Bro, if you are worried about players being drunk on the ice and frequent injuries just give up gambling now.

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

So what do I care about what others say? What do they know?

I can say with full and absolute confidence that no one on this forum knows the Flyers like I do.

If he stays healthy, this is free money. Playing every other day against players who are still trying to get in shape, getting in a rhythm himself from the condensed schedule, first unit power play duties every game, as well as the focal point of the offense.
    Jesus every single thread by you results in you looking like an idiot

Why did you start this thread if you don't care what others say?

You act like you know everything about anything its ridiculous and will get you NO WHERE in life if you keep that attitude

Best part is a majority of the picks you make don't cash

NavsPicks

First of all, G's point production won't suffer at all. He is the focal point of the offense. He is going to play first unit power play every game. They have been playing Brayden Schenn on his wing in practice on the first line since training camp opened. Have you been paying attention to AHL hockey? Schenn tore that league a new asshole for the Phantoms and now he's on G's wing.

Yeah, this is free money. The only thing that stops him from getting over 52.5 points this season is a major injury.

hey bud.. this aint no crosby or gretzky.. 4 pts in his 1st game back take your homer glasses off unless you wanna lose some money.. ripping up the AHL? im an oilers fan for fk sake if AHL stats meant anything Hall wud be winning the art eberle the rocket and schultz the norris.. but in REALITY it doesnt mean penetrate all.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by onacloud View Post
    Jesus every single thread by you results in you looking like an idiot

Why did you start this thread if you don't care what others say?

You act like you know everything about anything its ridiculous and will get you NO WHERE in life if you keep that attitude

Best part is a majority of the picks you make don't cash
    I started this thread because I loved this wager. I didn't start it because I wanted yours or anyone else's opinion asshole.

How the fukk would you know what the majority of my picks are since I don't post the majority of my plays?

Fukkin geniuses in here.
    Last edited by PhillyFlyers; 01-14-13 at 06:28 PM.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

hey bud.. this aint no crosby or gretzky.. 4 pts in his 1st game back take your homer glasses off unless you wanna lose some money.. ripping up the AHL? im an oilers fan for fk sake if AHL stats meant anything Hall wud be winning the art eberle the rocket and schultz the norris.. but in REALITY it doesnt mean penetrate all.
    AHL wasn't referring to Giroux it was a reference to Schenn. G ripped up the German league playing for Eisbaren Berlin, idiot.

I love how the fukkin geniuses here think they are going to lecture me about the Flyers or hockey when they can't even read properly.

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wait so why do you post here? You already know everything there is and you don't want anyone's opinion so what purpose does this forum serve?

I was referring to the picks that you do post genius...

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Terrible bet. As everyone else said, injuries. He gets a concussion or sprains a knee and you're fukked.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Lol was being sarcastic about players being drunk. Just saying so many things can go wrong

NavsPicks

AHL wasn't referring to Giroux it was a reference to Schenn. G ripped up the German league playing for Eisbaren Berlin, idiot.

I love how the fukkin geniuses here think they are going to lecture me about the Flyers or hockey when they can't even read properly.
    Lmfao... the whole boards laughing at you but you must be the smart one... Please do tell me whose going to win the cup this year? since you have sooooo many EASY Money Locks? such as giroux .. a player whose only had more then 1PPG 1 time in his life.. and in this shortened season when every game means much much more and hes going to be facing arguably the best G in the league 5/48 teams and then the best team in the league 5/48 times.. HOW THE FU CK can you say he will get 53pts?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by onacloud View Post
    Wait so why do you post here? You already know everything there is and you don't want anyone's opinion so what purpose does this forum serve?

I was referring to the picks that you do post genius...
    How many times do I have to answer this question, moron? I've already given my reply.

If you're talking about posting in general, that is another matter.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Terrible bet. As everyone else said, injuries. He gets a concussion or sprains a knee and you're fukked.
    You're gambling on sports. If you're worried about injuries then don't gamble. Anyone can get hurt.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Lmfao... the whole boards laughing at you but you must be the smart one... Please do tell me whose going to win the cup this year? since you have sooooo many EASY Money Locks? such as giroux .. a player whose only had more then 1PPG 1 time in his life.. and in this shortened season when every game means much much more and hes going to be facing arguably the best G in the league 5/48 teams and then the best team in the league 5/48 times.. HOW THE FU CK can you say he will get 53pts?
    The whole board is laughing at me? If that is true then I certainly feel better considering this board is 98% mushes.

Who is going to win the Cup is another matter entirely, isn't it? Take a poll if you want people's opinion on that but it has nothing to do with this thread.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

The whole board is laughing at me? If that is true then I certainly feel better considering this board is 98% mushes.
    \

again, as some one else asked. why are you here than and posting here than. you've already stated you are superior to everyone here about the Flyers so why the fukk are you posting about it? it's so obvious with every post you make about this bet its about you talking your self into it even more trying to put the doubt out of your mind.

kid buries himself every time he starts a thread.

TobiasFunke
    Never Nude
    TobiasFunke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

Giroux is sick...but this is a really risky play...missing a few games could be the difference..esp in a shortened season, he could get rest.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Good luck philly. As a flyers fan i want giroux to be a man in the playoffs unlike he was in the jersey series. the boy has serious skillls. as for the bet i dont like it cause of the shortened season

123 Last