Redman3693
    Redman3693's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 359

Giroux is an Ottawa boy with a ton of talent, but this is a dangerous bet. I'd never touch it, way too many variables that could funk you. I'd rather be looking for value in the unders.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    \

again, as some one else asked. why are you here than and posting here than. you've already stated you are superior to everyone here about the Flyers so why the fukk are you posting about it? it's so obvious with every post you make about this bet its about you talking your self into it even more trying to put the doubt out of your mind.

kid buries himself every time he starts a thread.
    I already answered this. Can't you fukks read? I'm not trying to convince myself. If he stays healthy it's a solid play.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Good luck philly. As a flyers fan i want giroux to be a man in the playoffs unlike he was in the jersey series. the boy has serious skillls. as for the bet i dont like it cause of the shortened season
    Thanks bud.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    You're gambling on sports. If you're worried about injuries then don't gamble. Anyone can get hurt.
    It's a future bet on a shortened season. There are so many unknowns. Almost zero time working with his teammates in the offseason. Did he stay in top physical shape amid a lockout. Way too many variables to count on 1.1 points a game for a short season. Hardly "free money."

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

I already answered this. Can't you fukks read? I'm not trying to convince myself. If he stays healthy it's a solid play.
    sure sounds like that doubt is kicking in again, fukin with your head. now you've gone from free money, to solid play.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Philly you must be fukking exhausted from constantly fighting and arguing on the internet

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

Risky bet no doubt but I can see G having several 3 and 4 point nights too, If he has a few monster games this could go over easily

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    It's a future bet on a shortened season. There are so many unknowns. Almost zero time working with his teammates in the offseason. Did he stay in top physical shape amid a lockout. Way too many variables to count on 1.1 points a game for a short season. Hardly "free money."
    Shortened season is an advantage for offensive players who kept in shape by playing in leagues during the lockout, like Giroux did.

Goalies are still getting in shape. Defensemen are still getting in shape. That is an advantage for an offensive player. I expect lots of goals and fast starts when the puck finally drops to start the season.

I also expect older goalies, like Martin Brodeur, to get lit up early and often while they work their way back into shape.

G plays a full 48, and this goes over easily.

oddtodd
    oddtodd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 734

holy shit phily, you're really defending this -ev bet. I think he could hit it yes, but if anything, as 9/10 people here have commented U is probably the play. Give me Henrik Sedin over 50.5 over this any day. Better team, and individually more proven both for injuries/point production. Unparalleled chemistry with his linemate(s), and 2 more points to deal with.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by oddtodd View Post
    holy shit phily, you're really defending this -ev bet. I think he could hit it yes, but if anything, as 9/10 people here have commented U is probably the play. Give me Henrik Sedin over 50.5 over this any day.
    Don't know what kind of shape H. Sedin is in. Did he play in a league during the lockout?

Giroux just got named by the NHL as the 4th best player in the league and the 3rd best by TSN.

I am fully confident if he plays the full 48 this is easy money.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

holy shit phily, you're really defending this -ev bet. I think he could hit it yes, but if anything, as 9/10 people here have commented U is probably the play. Give me Henrik Sedin over 50.5 over this any day.
    Best value in these player props is with the under.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    Best value in these player props is with the under.
    You base this on what?

boeing power

Based on the fact that you can win an under bet 2 ways.

1. The player has an off year and scores less than predicted.

2. The players gets injured.

oddtodd
    oddtodd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 734

I will add. I agree with Giroux's new-found top 5 status, so it would follow that a fully healthy season would put him top 5 in points. But even that would only put him at or only slightly above his season projection. With a price of -115, I don't see enough of an edge to tie my money up that long. Might take a shot at hart/art ross if more books release these odds .

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

1) The chances of players having "off" years are greatly diminished during a shortened season due to the fact that the emphasis is going to be on teams getting off to a fast start and not getting left behind.

This is further compounded by the fact that most players are not yet in game shape and have to work themselves into it, goalies included.

This means the games are going to be a sprint, not a marathon like an 82 game regular season would be. On top of that, teams will be playing every other day meaning they will get into a rhythm they normally wouldn't during an 82 game season.

I expect the offenses to be fast and furious.

2) Players getting injured could also work the other way, against you. What if teams get their defensemen injured? This would cause two major problems, talent and depth. Talent because teams would have call up minor leaguers who normally wouldn't be on the NHL club yet and depth because there's less quality players.

boeing power

Good luck,

Giroux is a terrific player,

Probably better value is giroux winning the art Ross at 10/1.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Good luck,

Giroux is a terrific player,

Probably better value is giroux winning the art Ross at 10/1.
    Thanks. GL to you too.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

I will add. I agree with Giroux's new-found top 5 status, so it would follow that a fully healthy season would put him top 5 in points. But even that would only put him at or only slightly above his season projection. With a price of -115, I don't see enough of an edge to tie my money up that long. Might take a shot at hart/art ross if more books release these odds .
    Agree with most of this post.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

From what I hear Briere is still having injury problems and I think that if he misses time that will mean other teams can focus more on shutting down Giroux.

Just a thought

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
    From what I hear Briere is still having injury problems and I think that if he misses time that will mean other teams can focus more on shutting down Giroux.

Just a thought
    Yeah he is, you're right. At practice today, he took the ice 35 minutes before the team did and practiced passing and wrist shots. A reporter on the scene said his accuracy was way off and it was obvious that he must be in pain still.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Whoa! Another thread by PhillyFlyers that turns into a flame-fest with him responding to every other post adding more Phag-Pheul to the fire.

Getting old.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by PuckIt View Post
    Whoa! Another thread by PhillyFlyers that turns into a flame-fest with him responding to every other post adding more Phag-Pheul to the fire.

Getting old.

Hey, don't blame me I didn't start that nonsense.

Never do.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

They would have to include playoff games for him to get it.. Then again phili might not even be in the playoffs

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    They would have to include playoff games for him to get it.. Then again phili might not even be in the playoffs
    That's a scary thought.

You mad bro

That's a scary thought.
    Shortened season anything is fckn possible lmao

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Shortened season anything is fckn possible lmao
    How crazy would it be if one or both teams that played for the Stanley Cup last year didn't make the playoffs this year?

You mad bro

How crazy would it be if one or both teams that played for the Stanley Cup last year didn't make the playoffs this year?
    Insane lol .. Im a ranger fan so i hope we do good .. I know king henrik will be there just hoping nash isnt a bust

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Insane lol .. Im a ranger fan so i hope we do good .. I know king henrik will be there just hoping nash isnt a bust
    Rangers should be the favorites to win the Atlantic. Although, you guys did lose a lot of depth from last season when I look at your roster. Do you think losing guys like Anisimov, Fedotenko, Prust, Dubinsky (basically the majority of your penalty killers last season) will have an impact and do you foresee any possible chemistry problems with the new faces and the arrival of Nash?

You mad bro

Rangers should be the favorites to win the Atlantic. Although, you guys did lose a lot of depth from last season when I look at your roster. Do you think losing guys like Anisimov, Fedotenko, Prust, Dubinsky (basically the majority of your penalty killers last season) will have an impact and do you foresee any possible chemistry problems with the new faces and the arrival of Nash?
    Of course but anytime u can get nash for something cheap its worth it lol .. They wanted 2 of our best players and we worked it down to this

Plus kreiger is insanneeee lmao .. At least i hope he will be

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Of course but anytime u can get nash for something cheap its worth it lol .. They wanted 2 of our best players and we worked it down to this

Plus kreiger is insanneeee lmao .. At least i hope he will be
    Jury is still out on Kreider. We'll see if he can duplicate his performance of last season. The pressure is certainly on him.

uvarunthetable
    uvarunthetable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3474

Love watching Giroux play, he's one of my favorite players by far but I think this prop line is actually pretty sharp when you factor in the chance of injury/who they have to play in the divsion etc.-- BOL though

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by uvarunthetable View Post
    Love watching Giroux play, he's one of my favorite players by far but I think this prop line is actually pretty sharp when you factor in the chance of injury/who they have to play in the divsion etc.-- BOL though
    Thanks bro.

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

3.phillyhomophobeflyer has taken the over!

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

I don't post the majority of my plays
    let me guess, THOSE bets kick ass and you could probably take a trip around the globe each and every year on the profit from the plays you dont post here alone.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Like this play more and more every day.

First 123 Last