PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Anyone else just fine missing the 1st useless half of the season??

Too many games....makes each game played less interesting to watch....teams lays down...sit starters LOL...

They should keep it a 40 game season.....with maybe an extra overtime added

Thoughts?

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

I honestly don't mind half a season. The first half is such a grind and the meaningful games never happen until after Christmas anyways

Long term I still prefer an 82 game schedule as it eliminates the parity somewhat and the cream rises to the top.

One thing they really gotta do though is make regulation wins worth 3 points though to eliminate the less elite teams from playing not to lose and get their 1 point for making it to OT.

PaperTrail07

AKA Columbus Bluejackets...LOL.....100% i know what u mean

Redman3693
    Redman3693's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 359

I prefer the full sched, but I`m a hockey degen...

I don`t like the 3 point rule & would rather it go back to grinding it out to get one winner - this extra point really pisses me off. It`s almost like something the teachers in school dreamed up so that everyone can feel good. `Little Timmy did not win, but tried hard and came close - we should give him a point for effort...`

TOTAL BS in my book

Let the cream rise to the top
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Vegas39

Isaiah
    Isaiah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6957

The best thing that could happen to the NHL (for the fans not the greedy owners) is contraction and a reduction in the number of games and get rid of the ridiculous shootouts to resolve ties. Disband the sunbelt teams and play a 60 game schedule. This would increase the quality of play, reduce injuries and make almost every game meaningful.

The absurd expansion of teams has led to such a dilution of talent it is laughable. One third of the players in the NHL don't belong there - AHL talent at best.

Alas, it will never happen. It's all about Benjamins $$$ not the fans or integrity of the game.
    Last edited by Isaiah; 01-06-13 at 10:29 PM.

PaperTrail07

you not kidding about the dilution of talent.....its crazy...way too many player in NHL jerseys......slim the # of games and team...

i think more people would care....Football....its easy to follow....1 game a week....

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Love the shortened season will see some good games as long losing streaks will kill playoff chances

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Should just skip the season and go to a 32 team playoff. Add 2 teams.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

A long season is a joke and nothing more than a cash grab for a league highly dependent on the gate. We don't need the first 30 games of the year. They are utterly useless.

Isaiah
    Isaiah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6957

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyk1133 View Post
    A long season is a joke and nothing more than a cash grab for a league highly dependent on the gate. We don't need the first 30 games of the year. They are utterly useless.
    Indeed. The ridiculous number of games is actually counter productive over the long term. The casual fan base is already sick of hockey by the time the playoffs begin. Starting the season in October and the playoffs don't even begin for six months is absurd. That really hurts the sport and that is a shame because hockey is such a great game.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dan Kelly, and PaperTrail07

PaperTrail07

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

sports better off playing a 40-50 game schedule every year, said this long ago.