TobiasFunke
    Never Nude
    TobiasFunke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    Bryz is not shitty. He had no D for half the season, and then got hung out to dry in the playoffs.
    Bro I'm a Flyers fan. Bryz sucks. End of story.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PuckIt View Post
    this fuckin' guy again

The winners of a rivalry game or series doesn't show who is the more TALENTED team. It will come down to who can keep their heads and play smart hockey.
    Get the fukk out with this bullshit you asshole. The better team ALWAYS wins a series. ALWAYS. That's why it's a series and not a one game do or die. Any team can win one game, but the better team always wins the series.

It only took us 6 games (although they were brutal, hard fought games that we never recovered from) to dispatch you when you were, in fact, the odds on favorite to win the Stanley Cup.

From that time to this, not much has changed......except for the fact that the Flyers have got better.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    don't be obtuse. the Flyers crushed them in the playoffs a mere 6 months ago. Embarrassed them, really.
    Would you like to wager on this? If there is a season, Pitt will go deeper than Philly. Easily.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasFunke View Post
    Bro I'm a Flyers fan. Bryz sucks. End of story.
    I live, eat, breathe, shit, shower, and shave the Flyers bro. You can't tell me shit about this team that I didn't know first and better.

You saying Bryz sucks shows you don't have a clue as to what happened last season. First, the best defenseman on the team (Pronger) suffers what probably is a career-ending injury. So, right off the bat, strike one. Then, due to injuries we were forced to call up rookies to play D. Strike two. Then, we were forced to make a trade to help out the D because it was so porous, so then we got Grossmann from Dallas.

We were then forced to go into the playoffs with a makeshift defense. Strike three. Even through all of that, Bryz somehow managed to set the team record for most consecutive shutout minutes by a goaltender and was very near the top for the modern day record as well.

This was playing the whole season without last season's captain (Mike Richards) and one of our leading scorers (Jeff Carter) because of trades. Even still, we fukked Pittsburgh up.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Get the fukk out with this bullshit you asshole. The better team ALWAYS wins a series. ALWAYS. That's why it's a series and not a one game do or die. Any team can win one game, but the better team always wins the series.

It only took us 6 games (although they were brutal, hard fought games that we never recovered from) to dispatch you when you were, in fact, the odds on favorite to win the Stanley Cup.

From that time to this, not much has changed......except for the fact that the Flyers have got better.
    So the NHL 7-game series playoffs are 100% accurate in ensuring that the most talented team gets to the stanley-cup? No variables, no nothing? Just 100% who wins is the most talented team?

Man, you have no freakin' clue how the game works. Bet you were one of those high-school seniors on the JV team 3rd line who only touched the ice when up 6-0. Bet you're real good at deck-hockey, though.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Would you like to wager on this? If there is a season, Pitt will go deeper than Philly. Easily.
    absolutely. pens are fools gold. they were exposed during the playoffs last season.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below

absolutely. pens are fools gold. they were exposed during the playoffs last season.
    that six-game series showed nothing but both teams have great offense and neither has the ability to keep their head when playing each other. In no way does that show who will go farther this year (if there is a year). I'll take that bet too.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

So the NHL 7-game series playoffs are 100% accurate in ensuring that the most talented team gets to the stanley-cup? No variables, no nothing? Just 100% who wins is the most talented team?

Man, you have no freakin' clue how the game works. Bet you were one of those high-school seniors on the JV team 3rd line who only touched the ice when up 6-0. Bet you're real good at deck-hockey, though.
    No. A series only ensures the better team wins. That's all. A lot of it comes down to the matchups of the teams. Certain styles versus certain styles. Philly vs. Pitt is a perfect example. Pitt thought they could outscore every other team. The problem was they ran into a better scoring team (maybe the only team that was better offensively, in fact) that also had a better defense.

Who's to say that if Pitt didn't draw us in the first round they wouldn't have gone to the Finals? They were certainly favored.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

that six-game series showed nothing but both teams have great offense and neither has the ability to keep their head when playing each other. In no way does that show who will go farther this year (if there is a year). I'll take that bet too.
    I'll take that bet as well. Pitt made no improvements to their D and the Flyers got better all-around.

bruceBRUCEbruce

that six-game series showed nothing but both teams have great offense and neither has the ability to keep their head when playing each other.
    um, I believe the penguins had 3 players suspended from that series and the flyers had none.
    that makes the latter half of your statement completely absurd. the penguins came completely unglued during that series.

once you look past crosby & malkin, the pens are a very average team.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below

um, I believe the penguins had 3 players suspended from that series and the flyers had none.
    that makes the latter half of your statement completely absurd. the penguins came completely unglued during that series.

once you look past crosby & malkin, the pens are a very average team.
    You think the Flyers kept it cool? Did you note the penalty minutes per game?

bruceBRUCEbruce

You think the Flyers kept it cool? Did you note the penalty minutes per game?
    stupid post. the overwhelming majority of penalty minutes on both teams from that series have nothing to do with "keeping it cool," just your normal run-of-the-mill penalties you see in every game/series.

pens had 3 players suspended and their coach fined. the flyers had none during that spanking of a series.

pens lost their cool and behaved like the flyers usually do-likely because the spanking was actually administered by the flyers this time. sorry sid and geno, it ain't 2007 anymore.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

You lose 10-3 in the playoffs in today's hockey. You suck.

/story

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below

You got a thing for Schenn or somethin?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

You got a thing for Schenn or somethin?
    Love the guy. The whole city will too when he terminates Crosby's career.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below

Love the guy. The whole city will too when he terminates Crosby's career.
    Only in Philadelphia would fans cheer to have one of the best player in the league's career ended. Glad you're proud of that.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Only in Philadelphia would fans cheer to have one of the best player in the league's career ended. Glad you're proud of that.
    Indeed we are. Keep your head up Cindy because if you don't the fukkin Terminator will get ya.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below

An e-mail, thanks to www.phillysucks.com

Subject: Thank God for this site
    I’m a transplant from Chicago and can honestly say that after five years of living here, I’m moving on. Every city has it’s pros and cons, but Philadelphia gave up a long time ago. Not only does this city brag about being the highest ignorance level they also take pride on having a small town, uncultured, unworldly perspective on anything outside the city (or even the neighborhood they live in).

This is a city where everyone is born, raised, and dies here. The locals have no social skills which exemplifies why they continue to stay friends with everyone from elementary, high school, and college (if they even make it that far). Nobody in this city knows how to function outside of dysfunctional relationships, and nobody has work ethic in the surrounding area which explains why the employment and pay is amazing here. Upon moving here I was shocked at how well the jobs pay and how quickly I received the job. After living here over a year I soon realized that it’s because the entitled locals strive on laziness and a typical blue collar attitude.

North, West, Southwest, and South Philly is primarily a shit wreck and just needs to be knocked down and restructured. Northeast Philly is completely surrounded with a disturbing amount of white trash. Center City has no parking (and when you do you get a ticket), it’s creepy quiet during the week and crammed full of locals during the weekend fighting, stumbling in front of your car, talking shit, and littering.

Nobody in Philly knows the words “please”, “thank you”, or any other type of common courtesy, nor does anyone know how to dress and take pride in appearance here. Manayunk looks cute and quaint on the outside, but get alcohol in them and you will find the women are total loose bitches, and the men are arrogant ass holes. If everyone here spent as much time investing in being nice, taking pride in themselves, and stopped throwing trash out the window as much as they invest in the shitty sports teams this place would be amazing.

Rude, arrogant, ignorant, self centered, uncultured druggies is composed of 99% of the population here. If I met one normal person in this city without a preconceived notion I would probably shit myself and have a heart attack. Dating is horrendous and the gay community has one of the highest HIV rates in the country with the most caddy and destructive attitudes.

If you have any level or education and know how to function in society stay the hell away from here. I will give Philly this…the food is AMAZING but aside from that come here for the weekend, get ****** up, go clubbing, get a cheesesteak, and go the hell home.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

An e-mail, thanks to www.phillysucks.com

Subject: Thank God for this site
    I’m a transplant from Chicago and can honestly say that after five years of living here, I’m moving on. Every city has it’s pros and cons, but Philadelphia gave up a long time ago. Not only does this city brag about being the highest ignorance level they also take pride on having a small town, uncultured, unworldly perspective on anything outside the city (or even the neighborhood they live in).

This is a city where everyone is born, raised, and dies here. The locals have no social skills which exemplifies why they continue to stay friends with everyone from elementary, high school, and college (if they even make it that far). Nobody in this city knows how to function outside of dysfunctional relationships, and nobody has work ethic in the surrounding area which explains why the employment and pay is amazing here. Upon moving here I was shocked at how well the jobs pay and how quickly I received the job. After living here over a year I soon realized that it’s because the entitled locals strive on laziness and a typical blue collar attitude.

North, West, Southwest, and South Philly is primarily a shit wreck and just needs to be knocked down and restructured. Northeast Philly is completely surrounded with a disturbing amount of white trash. Center City has no parking (and when you do you get a ticket), it’s creepy quiet during the week and crammed full of locals during the weekend fighting, stumbling in front of your car, talking shit, and littering.

Nobody in Philly knows the words “please”, “thank you”, or any other type of common courtesy, nor does anyone know how to dress and take pride in appearance here. Manayunk looks cute and quaint on the outside, but get alcohol in them and you will find the women are total loose bitches, and the men are arrogant ass holes. If everyone here spent as much time investing in being nice, taking pride in themselves, and stopped throwing trash out the window as much as they invest in the shitty sports teams this place would be amazing.

Rude, arrogant, ignorant, self centered, uncultured druggies is composed of 99% of the population here. If I met one normal person in this city without a preconceived notion I would probably shit myself and have a heart attack. Dating is horrendous and the gay community has one of the highest HIV rates in the country with the most caddy and destructive attitudes.

If you have any level or education and know how to function in society stay the hell away from here. I will give Philly this…the food is AMAZING but aside from that come here for the weekend, get ****** up, go clubbing, get a cheesesteak, and go the hell home.
    This stupid fukk from Chicago is supposed to sway me bro? Philly is better in every way. BTW the food IS amazing here.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below

u mad bro?

bruceBRUCEbruce

of course a dumb asshole yinzer would be ignorant of the fact that philly fans gave mario lemuiex a standing O in his first game back from cancer...

and pittsburghers throwing stones at the city of philadelphia is as ironic as it gets.

u mad bro?
    might as well just wave a white flag rather than posting possibly the most bland and overused comeback on the intertubes.
    what's next, a "posting from your mother's basement" put down?

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below

of course a dumb asshole yinzer would be ignorant of the fact that philly fans gave mario lemuiex a standing O in his first game back from cancer...
    Clearly you don't understand how sarcasm works. And it's not just Pittsburghers who find Philadelphia to be atrocious. And woo-hoo congrats for not boo'ing cancer. Really turning it around!!!! You get a gold star!

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Clearly you don't understand how sarcasm works. And it's not just Pittsburghers who find Philadelphia to be atrocious. And woo-hoo congrats for not boo'ing cancer. Really turning it around!!!! You get a gold star!
    Philadelphia is a world class destination. Millions of people from all over the world visit us every year. Pittsburgh is a country dump where people still marry within their own family.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below

World class destination?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Philadelphia is a world class destination city ridden with crime and poverty. Millions of people bums from all over the world tri-state area visit us every year... to be closer to their dope fix.
    HA. Fixed.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

World class destination?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HA. Fixed.
    Yes it is. Who comes from around the world to visit Shitsburgh? No one.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Get ready Shitsburgh! We're coming for your fukkin heads!

MoneyM1ke
    MoneyM1ke's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12843

Is your name Sam and is this your tweet after last years series?

Sums up 90% of Philly fans in one tweet, this coming from an Eagles fan thats lived in Philly for 19 out of 25 years, every Philly team automatically "deserves" a cup,Lombardi etc based on how great the fanbase is
    Last edited by MoneyM1ke; 01-11-13 at 06:36 PM.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyM1ke View Post
    Is your name Sam and is this your tweet after last years series?

No man. Not Sam Carchidi. He's a half decent writer though.

MoneyM1ke
    MoneyM1ke's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12843

As for last years series I think the Pens downfall started when 87 came back the 2nd time as crazy as it sounds, even Orpik made a comment to the press how they were getting away from what got them there the whole season and thats a defensive minded game, this was a couple games after 87 came back, every game I watched with Crosby being back they could easily out score almost anyone, not the case in the playoffs, different animal, different season

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyM1ke View Post
    As for last years series I think the Pens downfall started when 87 came back the 2nd time as crazy as it sounds, even Orpik made a comment to the press how they were getting away from what got them there the whole season and thats a defensive minded game, this was a couple games after 87 came back, every game I watched with Crosby being back they could easily out score almost anyone, not the case in the playoffs, different animal, different season
    Looking at the Pens, from a Flyers perspective, offense wasn't your problem. It was your defense that cost you guys. I'm really puzzled at the Pens' offseason as they did nothing to address their D. They are taking a huge risk, imo, rolling into the regular season with the D they have.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

KegKosmo
    KegKosmo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1321

pens win 5-2 today, Flyers blow black co.ck.. This flyers fan cracks me up though in here, he is so sensitive to anything anyone says negative about the Flyers..... penetrate YOUR FLYERS

First 1234 Last