DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8560

looks like Jan 15th is D-day for the NHL season.

Was listening to sports talk radio in Vancouver and after the announced Cory Schneider signed to play in a Swiss league until Dec 31st, it all seems certain there will be no hocking until the new year. If at all.

The reporter said that his sources told him if no deal is done on or before by Jan 15/13, they will in fact official cancel the entire season. Again.

Personally I can't see them having a season if a deal isn't struck in December sometime but that is just a guess.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 11-28-12 at 05:02 PM.

ragman
    ragman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

I don't know why they just cancel the season and be done with it. Quit pretending that something is being done in these meetings.

Bulls55
    Bulls55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

As long as Bettman is there and being told what to do by the Board of Goveners, who leader is that douche Jacobs. This season is done!
    2 cancelled seasons in a decade, and they say they care about the fans. I call BULLSHIT!!!!

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

players are too greedy. time to make a deal.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Bulls55 View Post
    As long as Bettman is there and being told what to do by the Board of Goveners, who leader is that douche Jacobs. This season is done!
    2 cancelled seasons in a decade, and they say they care about the fans. I call BULLSHIT!!!!

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    players are too greedy. time to make a deal.
    its like the US Politicians.

Lock them in a room all weekend and they don't come out unless they reach a deal

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

I've spent maybe 5 minutes total paying attention to the lockout news this year. Any fan investing any emotion or time into it is wasting their energy. They are playing everybody as pawns in their PR spin.

Wake me up if a deal is reached. Until then I have better things to do.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cecil127

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 316

I'm on the boycott for the rest of this season anyway.

Been watching OHL and AHL. I still get my fix.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyk1133 View Post
    I've spent maybe 5 minutes total paying attention to the lockout news this year. Any fan investing any emotion or time into it is wasting their energy. They are playing everybody as pawns in their PR spin.

Wake me up if a deal is reached. Until then I have better things to do.
    that's 3 or 4 minutes longer than me. Huge hockey fan but this is a joke.

I was listening to another sports talk radio show yesterday while at the office and the guy made a great point actually. If they do settle it in January, there will be such a compact schedule where your team might be playing 4-5 home games in a week a couple times. You are a season ticket holder, do you want to go that many times during a week? I don't think so.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 12-02-12 at 09:41 AM.

16johnnymac
    16johnnymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1412

True old news though keep it new we all get internet and newspaper, newsletters emails lol

OTE=DwightShrute;16981528]that's 3 or 4 minutes longer than me. Huge hockey fan but this is a joke.

I was listening to another sports talk radio show yesterday while at the office and the guy made a great point actually. If they do settle it in January, there will be such a compact schedule where your team might be playing 4-5 home games in a week a couple times. You are a season ticket holder, do you want to go that many times during a week? I don't think so.[/QUOTE]

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Haven't seen a hockey game since LA pasted new jersey in the finals. Outdoor rinks almost frozen time to lace em up and play

No guarantee there will be a season in 2014, interesting to see how this joke league handles it.

ragman
    ragman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

I won't miss the NHL until after the SB is over. This probably won't get settled then.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

They don't care to settle it anytime soon since attendance has gone up after every lockout anyway.

Fans are such bitches, Bettman and the players/owners can spit in their face and they'll still come back with a big smile on their face and wallets open.

As far as TV no one watches it anyway so no loss there. Regional markets will always decent ratings.

qsilver335
    qsilver335's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

I miss betting on the NHL more than I miss the NHL. Oh well, there is always next year.

iceman212
    iceman212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1704

Hopefully