zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Fans to blame for the lockout

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozan...r-nhl-lockout/

Honestly, he is right. Fans should punish them this time, by not showing up. No support, nothing.
    Instead of that, I can guarantee the hunger for hockey will be so big after the lockout ends, that the fans will act like nothing ever happened. It's always the same.
    I myself of course want to see AND heavy bet hockey again. But honestly, if I was a citizen of the States, I definitely wouldn't go to any game. Because these idiots are straight up ruining everything. Hockey is only Nr.4 now in the USA, so great job not having a season donkeys.

ActuaryDan
    Update your status
    ActuaryDan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 678

Blaming your customers is pretty lame and stupid. Even if it's true, publicizing it is moronic.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Maybe, BUT: People came back after the last lockout AND were paying MUCH higher prices without any complains. So why the fck would anyone bother about having another lockout. Increase the prices heavily again after it, and nobody cares obv. It's simple maths for these guys. The odds for lockouts would actually be much lower if fans would stand up and show their anger. But they are even ok with paying another 5.5% more. A family of 4 has to pay about 350 bucks with tickets, parking, etc. And they obv are ok with it. Enjoy your hockey then.... Oh wait, there is none.

ActuaryDan
    Update your status

Yes I want hockey to come back to my town. But the higher the prices the less games I'm willing to go to. The majority of customers won't pay blindly.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by ActuaryDan View Post
    Yes I want hockey to come back to my town. But the higher the prices the less games I'm willing to go to. The majority of customers won't pay blindly.
    But they did all the last times!

ActuaryDan
    Update your status

So you think people are willing to pay $1k a ticket blindly? As prices go up, attendance will decrease in general across the board. Especially for weaker franchises.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by ActuaryDan View Post
    So you think people are willing to pay $1k a ticket blindly? As prices go up, attendance will decrease in general across the board. Especially for weaker franchises.
    Absolutely not. But they are willing to accept lockouts without any consequences AND pay around 5.5% more the next year.

jdmcrae
    jdmcrae's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Canadians will never stop watching hockey... but if I lived in American city, I would be finding a ton of things to do with my money instead of hockey...

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Let's come to one conclusion here:
    Both sides are greedy fcking bast.ards. Idiots all around.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Redman3693, and freakydave

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7903

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    Let's come to one conclusion here:
    Both sides are greedy fcking bast.ards. Idiots all around.
    this