Ernie_Money
    Ernie_Money's Avatar Become A Pro!

NHL selection

I thought strongly about the Red Wings/Penguins under tonight with Hasek and Fleury (Fleury coming off a 40 shot shutout performance), but a lot of games are seeing shots on goals in the mid-30s per team early on, so I cannot take an under just yet in this young season (and NJ/Dallas also looks like an under). I will go with:

Chicago Black Hawks -0.5, laying $100 to win $102 (regulation time)

Reasoning:

One of the NHL trends I look at are teams playing 2 nights in a row and we have 9 instances tonight. The Columbus/Chicago game seems to be the best of the bunch to me. Columbus was rested last night, at Home playing Vancouver, who was playing their 2nd night in a row, and the Blue Jackets led 2-0 after 2 periods, only to blow the game and lose in OT, 3-2. Now Columbus is not rested going into Chicago, who is rested, and the Hawks are coming off an impressive 8-goal performance at Nashville against Vokuhn 2 nights ago. Columbus has always been a MUCH stronger Home team, so I will fade them and take the Black Hawks, who made a lot of offseason moves to improve their squad this season. Now with the NHL, you can bet the puck-line or moneyline including OTs, or take Regulation-time lines -1/2. The juice is -148 including OT, which I will pass on, taking the slightly positive juice and hoping Chicago takes this in regulation.

I have a baseball play pending for tonight.

Week 6: 3-0, +$300
    Week 5: 4-4, +$681
    Week 4: 3-6, +$110
    Week 3: 3-3, -$575
    Week 2: 5-3, +$306 (did win $509 on the Mansion free bet & hedge)
    Week 1: 5-1, +$913

MY BUM
    MY BUM's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well you certainly had me convinced as your theory seemed very good on the CLB.-CHIC. game and I bet on it as well.I really am convinced that there is no rhyme or reason to the NHL any more.It has become a very hard sport to predict.I had a great focus on it several years ago when there was stacked teams playing powder puffs.But the salary cap has ended the mismatches.I also took FLORIDA tonight.How can anyone fathom florida going from scoring 8 goals to no goals and getting pounded 6-0???? I also had PITT who went from shutting out philly to losing on home ice to detroit.Thank god I had BUFFALO to beat ottawa and NYR to beat philly(which I had to really sweat) so I basically scratched as the NYR was my biggie tonight.The bottom line here is that if you are betting hockey this season,be very carefull as these games seem to be a flip of the coin now.