MY BUM
    MY BUM's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betting On Hockey Sucks Now

How the hell can anyone compriehend ottawa going into toronto and beating them on their own ice surface 4-1 then the next night coming home with the added advantages of home crowd and last line change and get whupped 6-0?????Betting on hockey absolutly stinks and ever since that damn salary cap and the new rules,these games are very unpredictable.You can't be assured that a favourite will win like you would in a soccer match.HOCKEY BETTING IS DEAD!!!!

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had a feeling that might have happend tonight, but I couldn't put my money down on it at all. I don't care who is playing who, it's just hard to sweep a team in home and home meeting like that.

MY BUM

And another thing...i was watching the lines and the first game in toronto,ottawa were slight favourites and the line went down telling me that people were taking toronto and the second game in ottawa,ottawa were heavy favs and the line kept going up,telling me that people were taking ottawa.So what i'm getting at here is the fact that you can't even follow the damn lines because the line changes mean nothing.I got sucked in to betting on ottawa because of the result of the game the previous night and i'm mad as hell.Home ice apparently means absolutly nothing in hockey any more.Hockey several years ago was pretty straight forward to predict.You had your powerhouses like a stacked colorado.But with that goddamned salary cap the teams are quite level now.Betting on hockey has become as unpredictable as betting on baseball.I'll stick to betting on soccer where there is no salary cap and the favourites beat the underdogs on a regular basis.penetrate HOCKEY!!

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

i did warn about toronto yesterday, wish i had took them

MY BUM

Yes SCOTTY that was an excellent forecast.I, however didn't see it until I came on here AFTER the game.My loss.Keep up the good work!

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by MY BUM
    You can't be assured that a favourite will win like you would in a soccer match.HOCKEY BETTING IS DEAD!!!!
    Shouldn't that mean there is value playing underdogs?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by durito
    Damn right theres value betting the dogs bud.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by durito
    Yep.

With those new rules at Pinnacle, with the regulation half puck lines in effect again. It could be good to bet hockey again.

Dead Money
    Dead Money's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yepp, betting on hockey sucks now!!

81835933-1
    8 1:06pm
    5-Oct-06 5-Oct-06 Parlay 5-Team Parlay 50.00 2300.55
    1. Win 5-Oct Hockey/NHL OT Incl (Money) Toronto Maple Leafs vs Ottawa Senators for Game (+220) 6 - 0
    2. Win 5-Oct Hockey/NHL OT Incl (Total) Toronto Maple Leafs/Ottawa Senators (U 6.5) for Game (-115) 6 - 0
    3. Win 5-Oct Hockey/NHL OT Incl (Money) Tampa Bay Lightning vs Atlanta Trashers for Game (+120) 3 - 2
    4. Win 5-Oct Hockey/NHL OT Incl (Total) Tampa Bay Lightning/Atlanta Trashers (U 6.5) for Game (-120) 3 - 2
    5. Win 5-Oct Hockey/NHL OT Incl (Total) Chicago Blackhawks/Nashville Predators (O 6) for Game (-105) 8 - 6

Not too bad for 50 bones huh Bum?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Very nice hit on that Parlay, DM.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Man, hockey sucked for me tonight, had Devils, Canadiens, and Columbus. All 3 were winning and I thought had won when I was watching the bottom line at the cardroom, come back and see two blew it in the final minutes and then lost in extra time

MY BUM

penetrate YOU DEAD MONEY YOU FUCKIN BLOWHARD.Show me your fuckin losing parlay's too next time.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

penetrate YOU DEAD MONEY YOU FUCKIN BLOWHARD.Show me your fuckin losing parlay's too next time.
    Im sure the $2300 he won of that one, more then covered the others he may of lost.

Relax MY BUM, it will come to you in time. If you decide to bet pucks again. Keep it positive bud.

MY BUM

Sorry ONLOOKER but he was clearly being a smartass and I don't go for that crap.I'll tone it down from now on.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Sorry ONLOOKER but he was clearly being a smartass and I don't go for that crap.I'll tone it down from now on.
    No harm, no foul.