SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alex Smart: Take Dallas at Colorado

Take Dallas at Colorado

Game Time: 10/4/2006 10:00:00 PM
    By: Alex Smart
    http://www.who2beton.com

A tough defense and stable goaltending makes the Stars the smart play tonight in Colorado against the Avalanche.

Dallas enters into the 2006/07 NHL season without the services of Jason Arnott and Bill Geurin and, with that said, I feel the offense will suffer a bit.

The saving grace comes with tougher players and a defense that was upgraded with the additions of Darryl Sydor and Jaroslav Modry. The goaltending duties remain stable with Marty Turco (41 wins, 2.55 GAA in 05/06) in the crease.

Their opponents tonight and hosts, the Colorado Avs, remain a talented team at both ends of the ice and should vie for the lead Northwest division. The only concern comes with goaltender Jose Theodore who had a lowly .822 SVP% last season.

Bottom line: The Stars have revenge on the agenda for last years early exist from the playoffs to this same Avalanche team. Look for the Stars to come out with a blockbuster effort tonight and steal this game with their grit, top flight defense and superior goaltending.

Final Notes & Trends: The Stars were 26-17 on the road last season.

Play: Stars +100

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

this game in rather an interesting matchuo here. I'm thinking the over is the best way to do in this game.

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think the stars could be overbet here no action from me

xxx
    xxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28270

these teams alway play each other tight. any team that has lindros in it has faded and ribero wont be in the linup for dallas tonight because of **** problems. il take colorado by a goal.