timski
    timski's Avatar Become A Pro!

My plan - start with Wild

Hi, I'm new here, ice hockey is my favorite sport...for watching watch and betting. Summer time is a very boring on that point so I can not wait for autumn

Follow NHL for about 3 years, fan of Anahaim Ducks
    ...but in betting world for next season my eyes watching at Minnesota Wild not for cup win but for good odds considering that in the meantime really stepped up their team - that's my plan, take a chance with them immediately on start of season.

I hope the pleasant company, good luck to everyone, greetings from Croatia.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35447

They are not going to have good odds. The public will totally inflate their value with their two new free agents (similarly to how you think they will do). If you plan on betting them, plan on paying some juice. I'll find the value on the other side.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7892

I doubt the Wild make the playoffs

aznbluff
    Update your status
    aznbluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Agree that Wild will be overrated and overpriced at the start of the season

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT

Quote Originally Posted by aznbluff View Post
    Agree that Wild will be overrated and overpriced at the start of the season
    You making a comeback next year?, working on some theories?

aznbluff
    Update your status

Nah hockey season lines up exactly with school so no time for anything other than betting and watching the games.

I am currently working on some season previews that I may or may not finish this summer. It's a good reference point for me to check back on a few months into the season and see how perceptions have changed.

Betting is all about perceptions, so I feel it's very important to try my best to stay unbiased and not get caught up in teams/players in slumps or on hot streaks.

Griffey4Ever
    Griffey4Ever's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Wild will not make the playoffs. Despite adding Parise and Suter, are they really better than any of these teams???

Canucks, Blues, Sharks, Red Wings, Blackhawks, Predators, Sharks, Coyotes, Kings?

They missed the playoffs by 14 points last season and were behind the Flames, Stars and Avalanche etc... I don't think the Wild can contend for the #8 seed this season, but maybe in 2-3 years they can start make a run.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey4Ever View Post
    The Wild will not make the playoffs. Despite adding Parise and Suter, are they really better than any of these teams???

Canucks, Blues, Sharks, Red Wings, Blackhawks, Predators, Sharks, Coyotes, Kings?

They missed the playoffs by 14 points last season and were behind the Flames, Stars and Avalanche etc... I don't think the Wild can contend for the #8 seed this season, but maybe in 2-3 years they can start make a run.
    Preds and Coyotes can easily fall out

aznbluff
    Update your status

I think the Preds will still be competitive. I still like the Coyotes team but I think they will definitely be on the 7-12th bubble. Teams like the Avs and Oilers are getting better and should make the NW a little more competitive, taking away some easy points from the Wild (remember 6 games/year against each). I also like what Anaheim has done to their blueline. I think they are much improved and their recent first rounder, Hampus Lindholm I really like. He's going to be given a chance to crack a vet D core but will probably not make it (if he does, it will be as a 7th Dman, which they may not want to carry a young rookie as). If he makes it, expect a similar development path as Ekman-Larsson, potentially becoming their #1 D in as little as 3 seasons.

The West is very competitive. There are about 3 or 4 elite teams and then about 8 to 9 teams that can legitimately compete for a playoff spot. Even, dare I saw, Columbus I think will surprise some people this year. I'm starting to like what they are building there and I feel they will be underrated (definitely at the start of the season at least), which makes for good betting opportunities.

bach
    bach's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Yes for sure, the Wild make the playoffs.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

wild aren't going nowhere

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Think mn still misses playoffs as others have said west so competitive. Still not sold on their goaltending

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

fade wild early, overvalued and need time to adjust.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

bad idea these new teams with big signings always take time to mesh

plus minnesota has goaltending issues

PMcG012
    PMcG012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 516

The Blue Jackets should make for good fade material again. I doubt very much that Ryan Murray and Nick Foligno are going to dramatically improve the team.