JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

Luongo rumors

from beat writer for Columbus Aaron Portzline twitter

Told by very good source #Canucks G Roberto Luongo has - to this point -- declined to waive no-trade clause to go to #Blackhawks or #Leafs.

Only place Luongo is willing to be traded, as of today, is back to the Florida #Panthers.

Luongo using the power of his no-trade to "steer" a trade to #Panthers as much as possible at this point in off-season.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Read that too. Far different than what he said after they lost in playoffs. That he would do whatever is best for the team

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

Totally understand why he would not want to go to the Leafs but damn if he ever wanted to stick it to Vancouver he should go to Chicago where he would be surrounded by tons of talent and have a chance to win a cup.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35459

problem is, no one else wants him. he will eventuallly have to waive it for a team he doesn't want to go to because he WILL NOT be the Canuck starter in the fall.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Toronto or Florida makes the most sense. Don't see Chicago happening. He is Florida's for the taking if they want him. They are usually near the salary cap floor so it would make sense for them. Theodore/Clemmenson aren't #1 goalies and if Florida plays a defensive system next year Lou would put up great numbers. Plus he will thrive there in a non-hockey market. No media, no pressure = good results. Toronto would eventually eat him alive just as Vancouver has in my opinion.

gti175
    gti175's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1509

Our leaf defense is crap. We did something good in getting rid of fat shenn who couldnt skate, but Lou wouldnt be good fit here. Our media is the worse around and he wouldnt survive a 5 game losing streak.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
    problem is, no one else wants him. he will eventuallly have to waive it for a team he doesn't want to go to because he WILL NOT be the Canuck starter in the fall.
    I agree also sounds like Vancouver asking a lot more than any team wants at this point

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

schneider is great

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    schneider is great
    He's faster than Lou, better positionally, better mentally, better in shootouts. You name it. Lou has no edge over Schneider in any regard anymore. That's why I want him gone even if we only get a 3rd round pick and some scraps. Gillis better not fcuk this up

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    He's faster than Lou, better positionally, better mentally, better in shootouts. You name it. Lou has no edge over Schneider in any regard anymore. That's why I want him gone even if we only get a 3rd round pick and some scraps. Gillis better not fcuk this up
    I am wondering with Schneider being a extricated free agent if any teams will make a play for him

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    I am wondering with Schneider being a extricated free agent if any teams will make a play for him
    It he's not resigned you can bet your ass some team will sign him to an offer sheet. I wouldn't be shocked if that price is 4-5 mill a year either.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    It he's not resigned you can bet your ass some team will sign him to an offer sheet. I wouldn't be shocked if that price is 4-5 mill a year either.

Agree after what Pavlec signed for