PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Calling It Now: Devils Are Going To Win The Cup

NJ is too strong on the puck in 5 on 5 play.

Defensive superiority and 3 lines deep that can score.

After what they did to the Rangers (and considering how good the Rangers were this season) I go with them.

Kings are like fools gold to me. They have the hype, but NJ went through Florida, the Flyers, and the Rangers.

I'm taking NJ.

detroitlionsfan
    detroitlionsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    NJ is too strong on the puck in 5 on 5 play.

Defensive superiority and 3 lines deep that can score.

After what they did to the Rangers (and considering how good the Rangers were this season) I go with them.

Kings are like fools gold to me. They have the hype, but NJ went through Florida, the Flyers, and the Rangers.

I'm taking NJ.
    disagree ..... devils have 4 good lines

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

would brodeur be the second oldest goalie next to hasek to win a cup?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by detroitlionsfan View Post
    disagree ..... devils have 4 good lines
    Please excuse me. Yes, the Devils do have 4 good lines. Perhaps I should have been more specific.

When I said they have 3 lines deep that can score I meant offensively score the puck with regularity. As in depended on for consistent offense.

While Sestito-Gionta-Bernier can score, they aren't relied on for offense in the same manner that Parise-Zajac-Kovalchuk is.

That's what I meant.

Thanks for the thoughtful reply.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

the kings are a big fav wow

remeedella
    remeedella's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

i think its a fluke for LAKings to lose, NJD as good as they can be should have nothing going for them in this type of matchup. Picking with statistics like past stanley cup experience and thinking you have the better goalie should mean nothing. Just my 2 cents

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    the kings are a big fav wow
    can you blame the books? they torched the 1,2, and 3rd seeds in the west. They haven't lost an away game and are rolling on all cylinders except PP. They also have the better goalie at the moment, Marty hasn't really played "great", but NJ is a very good team 5on5 as mentioned earlier.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Very tough call on this series, both teams have caught lightening in a bottle.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

yeahyeah you "called it right now" a +150 dog in the Finals would win the cup, but make a thread as if you're calling a +5000 dog before the playoffs

mind totally blown brah totally blown away by this profound insane call that you "called right now"

so many attention squares with useless threads it is ridiculous

ThinkingTrip
    ThinkingTrip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Kings will win. Stupid Flyer fan.

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

wednesday...300 block of N. 60th street. be there for your beat down biatch. look for the 40 foot ladder

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
    can you blame the books? they torched the 1,2, and 3rd seeds in the west. They haven't lost an away game and are rolling on all cylinders except PP. They also have the better goalie at the moment, Marty hasn't really played "great", but NJ is a very good team 5on5 as mentioned earlier.

No, you can't blame the books for making the Kings a big favorite.

That being said, the books are in line to make a killing if the Devils win.

It's almost a perfect setup for them.

Everyone blinded by the Kings slicing teams up in the playoffs so far, while the Devils are still somehow viewed as a big underdog even though they went through the Panthers, Flyers, and Rangers.

So everyone looking to take LA, while the books bury everyone if the devils win.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7601

Devils are the play. La should NoT be favored.

ebelisle22
    ebelisle22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Devils are the play. La should NoT be favored.
    wtf.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

The Devils will definitely win just to make my life a little more miserable. Fck the Devils and their fans.

ThinkingTrip
    ThinkingTrip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

The Kings will outplay the Devils. Quick, Kopitar and Brown vs Brodeur, Kovalchuk and Parise. The Kings own them in every little detail of the game. Thanks for an early present Santa Claus. This King series win will be the last huge investment in betting from my site. Should help me with all my bills for the 3-4 months.

lakerboy

Jeff Carter holding the stanley cup --- LOL. NOT.

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

That being said, if you really want to do it I'm in South Philly anytime you want.
    oh i want....and you're wussing out just like i said you would.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    The Devils will definitely win just to make my life a little more miserable. Fck the Devils and their fans.
    Kings will win just to **** me. You can bet on that.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Kings will win just to **** me. You can bet on that.
    Well I'd rather you win so GL, I have no money on it and doubt I'll watch a game. All I have on it is an ex who lives up to her teams nickname.

Griffey4Ever
    Griffey4Ever's Avatar Become A Pro!

but NJ went through Florida, the Flyers, and the Rangers.

I'm taking NJ.
    NJ went through Florida? Haha. Then they beat a battered and bruised Flyers. I will give the Devils some credit for beating the Rangers but based on these playoffs, Kings should be the favourite.

ebelisle22
    ebelisle22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

kings will win easy.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10428

oh i can see it gl.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Hmmmmmm interesting... but this boils down to one thing... and one thing only. COACHING EXPERIENCE in the most EMOTIONAL SERIES of your life. Who has the most experience?

Peter DeBoer - 1st Year Making The NHL Playoffs In His Career. Never Been To The Finals Til Now. Never played in an NHL Game Before as a Player.

Darryl Sutter - 11 Years Has Made Playoffs as a Coach. Been To The Stanley Cup Once Before. Knows what the experience is like. Played in the NHL 8 Years as a Player.

I think I would take LA's Magic and a solid Darryl Sutter.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey4Ever View Post
    NJ went through Florida? Haha. Then they beat a battered and bruised Flyers. I will give the Devils some credit for beating the Rangers but based on these playoffs, Kings should be the favourite.
    Florida was a division winner. They then beat the Flyers who beat the favorites in Pittsburgh. They then beat the best team in the conference during the regular season, the Rangers.

The Rangers this season were arguably better than any team in the west this season.

So, to recap, they beat the team that beat the Penguins and then beat the best team in the conference in the regular season.

mcfugly
    mcfugly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 411

The Rangers this season were arguably better than any team in the west this season.
    Please tell me this is a joke? This is a horrible mismatch here. If Kings play horrible, Kings in 5. If Kings play alright, Kings in 4. Very easy victory in this series for the Kings, by far easier than any of their matchups yet. Nuff said.

mcfugly

And are you seriously saying that it means something that they went through the flyers and the panthers? Those 2 teams really really should not have been in the playoffs. I watch every single playoff game, and the NJ series' have been an absolute travesty. Only series they deserve any credit for is NY, and that is because a) Lundqvist choked and b) NY would not have even made the playoffs if they didn't have lundqvist. Take your pick, but your money is as good as gone if you've bet on NJ. I feel sorry for you. Mark my words

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by mcfugly View Post
    And are you seriously saying that it means something that they went through the flyers and the panthers? Those 2 teams really really should not have been in the playoffs. I watch every single playoff game, and the NJ series' have been an absolute travesty. Only series they deserve any credit for is NY, and that is because a) Lundqvist choked and b) NY would not have even made the playoffs if they didn't have lundqvist. Take your pick, but your money is as good as gone if you've bet on NJ. I feel sorry for you. Mark my words
    This post is borderline retarded and one of the worst on SBR.

Only a nitwit of huge magnitude would argue that a division winner who finished the season with 94 points, which was 2 more than both the 7th and 8th seeds even if they had not won their division, and a team that finished with 103 points and beat the favorites for the Cup, in this case Pittsburgh, should not be in the playoffs is fukking laughable.

In the immortal words of Thurston Howell III, boys, we are clearly dealing with a Yale man here.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Kings should roll, barring a catastrophic injury to Quick.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Quote Originally Posted by mcfugly View Post
    Panthers didn't deserve to be in the playoffs but Flyers? If Flyers didn't deserve to be in the neither did the Penguins and probably 7/8 eastern conf teams, come on.

lakerboy

Yeah sutter has coaching edge meanwhile robinson is the devils real coach.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Jeff Carter holding the stanley cup --- LOL. NOT.
    ah hahaha

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Posts up this miraculous premonition when he's got a 50% chance of being right.

"I'm calling it now - this quarter will land on heads when I flip it." Pretty good chance of being a master capper!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: a4u2fear

dise-pa
    dise-pa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4269

REALLY you think the NJD will win....bring back Marty McSorley then maybe, curved stick and all..

mcfugly

This post is borderline retarded and one of the worst on SBR.

Only a nitwit of huge magnitude would argue that a division winner who finished the season with 94 points, which was 2 more than both the 7th and 8th seeds even if they had not won their division, and a team that finished with 103 points and beat the favorites for the Cup, in this case Pittsburgh, should not be in the playoffs is fukking laughable.

In the immortal words of Thurston Howell III, boys, we are clearly dealing with a Yale man here.
    Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
    Panthers didn't deserve to be in the playoffs but Flyers? If Flyers didn't deserve to be in the neither did the Penguins and probably 7/8 eastern conf teams, come on.
    Lol, in case you haven't noticed, there's something in hockey that changes the entire outlook of a team: it's called a goaltender. And philadelphia's is sub par even by AHL standards. Flyers defense is absolutely atrocious, it is sad that someone like Timonen is even in the NHL. Combine this with the hideously atrocious goaltending of Bryzgalov, and the flyers have absolutely zero chance of making it past the 2nd round. Also, the flyers are just too big and slow for todays league. Time for Jagr to retire, the fact that he is still playing just shows how desperate the flyers are. Flyers have two amazing scorers in Briere and Giroux, besides that they are basically sh!t. Sorry to break it to you, but the flyers suck royally and the future is not looking any brighter. Instead of spouting off about my prediction (4-0 or 4-1 LA), make a prediction and let it do the talking for you. Then we'll see who the retarded one is

1234 Last