bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

2006-07 Penguins Breakdown

There really wasn't a more disappointing team than the Penguins in 2005-06, despite Crosby living up to his hype. The Penguins made some really big moves last offseason and looked like they were going to be one of the most improved team in the NHL, but you need a defense and you really need consistent goaltending. Although Crosby finished with an incredible 102 points last year, he couldn't pull Pitt out of last place. Not only were the Penguins the worst team in the Eastern Conference, it wasn't even a contest. The Washington Capitals finished 12 points higher in 14th place in the East.

Quality goaltending by the heralded Marc-Andre Fleury or even Jocelyn Thibault would help. Not to mention the addition of Malkin who alot of people feel is the best player in the world not playing in the NHL last season still will not be able to pull the Pens out of the cellar this year, but they sure will be fun to watch this year. More importantly, they should be a very good team ATS wise this year early in the season IMO

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

They making you write a breakdown for every team?

bigboydan

nobodys making me do anything bud. I'm just doing my pucks capping, and thought i'd do some writeup's while I was it.

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dan have the pens made any additions of note on the blueline? I think they are going in the right direction but need some D for sure.

bigboydan

Nothing really worth mentioning scotty. The biggest headlines comming out of Pitt right now is the Malkin legal battles, which seems to be a big distraction to the team from what i've read in reports.

bigboydan

Looks like Malkin will be out 4-6 weeks with that shoulder injury.