zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Is it possible the Kings may get shell shocked in the Cup from playing such poor comp

Competition in the coyotes? Or are they juat simply on a roll and no one is stopping them?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

How are the canucks, blues, coyotes poor comp?? I know the rangers and devils aint any better.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Kings have killed 29 straight penalties.. i doubt they can keep this up VS New York or New Jersey.. but damn that's a tough team I say they win it all !

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

its a different game out there. these figure skaters are gonna get rolled by either eastern conference team
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: NYSportsGuy210

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33110

Kings win the cup easy

zoo youk

Kinger trust me i know Vancouver blues were great competition but coyotes are such phonies i just worry this is not a good tune up series for them going into the cup. Although they are playing flawless. I just want them to win it.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

stoll king lewis line has been playing awesome, and they aren't even the best players like carter brown, kopitar. team is loaded with talent. slamming them for game four despite high juice

penner, richards, and carter combined have been in 165 playoff games.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Seems like the "best" teams have already been eliminated.

Bruins, Pens, Flyers, Nucks

Injuries and bad luck hurt those teams and now we have a bunch of scrub teams left in the playoffs. Going to be a very boring final.

zoo youk

Kings are far from scrubs

zoo youk

Kinga Rangers would be a great finals

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

All these teams are awful just an embarrassment for the NHL.

The west is a joke that's why every loser goalie who goes there becomes a "superstar". (mike smith, brian elliot, etc.)

Kings are nothing special, someone had to win 3 coin flips in a row.

Blues are complete garbage for the amount of meaningless games they won. I said it all year.
    Canucks, not healthy and typical chokers anyway.
    Coyotes, they suck like the Blues and variance has finally caught up to them.

Devils/Rangers vs Kings = three average teams flipping a coin again.

Most likely Rangers/Kings win because Devils are my only futures left.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

The west is a joke that's why every loser goalie who goes there becomes a "superstar". (mike smith, brian elliot, etc.)

Blues are complete garbage for the amount of meaningless games they won. I said it all year.

Welcome to the NHL playoffs, where your fate is decided by the flip of a coin.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Not all teams are cut out for tournament hockey. Like...Pens are talentedd exciting team yea, but over a 7 game series their weaknesses get exposed (goalie/defense/PK)

I'm still looking forward to the Cup finals no matter who plays, regular season doesn't matter, this is real physical defensive hockey.. That's the playoffs\1

k13

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    Not all teams are cut out for tournament hockey. Like...Pens are talentedd exciting team yea, but over a 7 game series their weaknesses get exposed (goalie/defense/PK)

I'm still looking forward to the Cup finals no matter who plays, regular season doesn't matter, this is real physical defensive hockey.. That's the playoffs\1
    They were just in the finals back to back seasons, nothing to do with being a tournament team.
    Hockey is like tournament poker, variance is huge.

Pens have the 2nd most playoff wins since the lockout.

It is impossible to make finals after finals after finals in the current NHL.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Lots of bitter, jealous, haters in this thread. Say what you will.......the Kings are on an EPIC run through these playoffs! 11-1 verse top three seeds....UNREAL!

Go Kings Go!

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

KINGS are healthy and capitalizing on their opportunites. They are hot are gonna be hard to beat. Still a lot of hockey to played but they look like they will win it all,

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Ppl calling rangers avg come on that's a pretty good team and kings are playing well right now that should be a nice matchhup

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Congratulations to the Philadelphia Flyers West, we are pulling for you here on the east coast.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Kings are the Spurs of NHL....they are on a mission and are not gonna be stopped

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

guess it will come down to which goalie is hottest

leeloo
    leeloo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SBRMAN23 View Post
    Ppl calling rangers avg come on that's a pretty good team and kings are playing well right now that should be a nice matchhup
    if Marty Brodeur continues to play the way he has in the first 2 games, Devils have a great chance to advance. Either way, I look forward to the finals.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

NBC keeps putting up all the teams who've started 10/11-1 in the playoffs. And only like 2 of 5 won the cup. 2008 Pens most recent to do it and lost in 6 vs Wings

Kings could also be off for as much as 10 days or so if they complete the sweep. Lose their edge like so many teams. 2007 Rockies went 7-0 first 2 rounds, then swept by Sox after a long layoff

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    Seems like the "best" teams have already been eliminated.

Bruins, Pens, Flyers, Nucks

Injuries and bad luck hurt those teams and now we have a bunch of scrub teams left in the playoffs. Going to be a very boring final.

Someone's favorite team got pwned.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Kings sure coin flipped their way through the playoffs winning two series 4-1 and 4-0...I'm guessing your just pissed because you lost a ton of money betting on Pit/Van/Bos/Phi

NittanyLionsFan
    Casey, show 'em how to smile.
    NittanyLionsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I'm not sure exactly who you're saying is poor competition (all 3 opponents, or just coyotes), but what a stupid God damn thread regardless of what you mean.

"Poor competition" is a team you likely roll through quickly without much trouble, have time off afterwards, etc...the Kings have done this vs The Canucks (who are def not poor competition) and then came back the next series and did the same thing, and are repeating it for a 3rd time.

My point is...the Kings didn't have trouble vs VAN or STL (especially STL), so they may as well have been poor competition. And they came back the next round on fire each time, so why won't they in the finals?

I'm a lifelong die-hard Kings fan and I honestly can't believe what is going on right now, but what I'm saying in this post isn't bias at all. It's just a simple fact that's right in front of everyone's eyes. The Kings are legit, and they aren't gonna go into the finals and get beat easily, if they get beat at all.

NittanyLionsFan

LMAO!!!!!!!!

Yeah, these first 3 series are quite the coinflips. What the **** coin do you play with that lands on the LA side 11 out of 12 times you ******* retard?

NittanyLionsFan

LOL that bold part of that last post I quoted is hilarious to me. Why even post if you're gonna include something that stupid?

NittanyLionsFan

I just can't wait until a few weeks from now when the Kings all have as their Twitter bio:

LA King, World Champion, Coinflipping Extraordinaire!

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by nittanylionsfan View Post
    i just can't wait until a few weeks from now when the kings all have as their twitter bio:

la king, world champion, coinflipping extraordinaire!
    lawl!

k13

Quote Originally Posted by NittanyLionsFan View Post
    LMAO!!!!!!!!

Yeah, these first 3 series are quite the coinflips. What the **** coin do you play with that lands on the LA side 11 out of 12 times you ******* retard?
    Streaks like this happen all the time, won't take me long to lose 17 coin flips in a row playing poker. Teams winning 11 of 12 is not rare.

So going by this streak, Kings should be -1000 or higher in the final right? LOL

This is the same way Bruins won 4 coin flips in a row last year, no such luck this year and next year Kings won't make the final no matter what they do, that's a lock.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    Kings are the Spurs of NHL....they are on a mission and are not gonna be stopped
    Not even close.

Spurs have already won championships with the similar trio of players and made finals. Always a threat to go deep.

Kings are like 2001 76ers or something like that.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

k's bringing up a decent point about the coinflips. id love to see them make the regular season more meaningful and make the lower seed win 5 outta 7 to advance. right now its 82 games to decide 16 teams to play for the stanley cup, once your in the playoffs, it dont matter. just ridiculous how an 8 seed is running teams over for 5 straight weeks. runs by low seeds are not unprecedented throughout nhl history by any means. i have other ideas, but this is the only one that doesnt involve costing owners revenue.
    Last edited by thetrinity; 05-18-12 at 10:05 AM.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Streaks like this happen all the time, won't take me long to lose 17 coin flips in a row playing poker. Teams winning 11 of 12 is not rare.

So going by this streak, Kings should be -1000 or higher in the final right? LOL

This is the same way Bruins won 4 coin flips in a row last year, no such luck this year and next year Kings won't make the final no matter what they do, that's a lock.
    If you are a NoCal sports fan...........sorry the Sharks and Warriors are off for the summer pal. L.A. has the Kings, Lakers, Clippers in the playoffs and the Dodgers possessing the best record in MLB. SoCal!

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

K13, was up bud, why you bashing my homies?

I thought we were bobybuilding brahs.

colts
    colts's Avatar Become A Pro!

LMAO!!!!!!!!

You lose 17 coin flips in row playing poker all the time.... You must have millions to spend on poker.... maybe you should play a different card game.

How did it turn out for the Bruins last year? I guess they were lucky to make the playoff at 46-25. Could it be that the Kings are a better than average team playing really well as a team? Are they playing their best hockey at the right time? I guess when you shutout teams and win by 2 or more goals you just won a coin flip? And when you win best of 7 series 4-1, and 4-0, you just won two coin flips. How long have you watched hockey or any professional sport? Playoff teams with talent, peaking at the right time, are always a force to be reckoned with. Don't be bitter, football season is around the corner and the 49ers are a pretty good team.

12 Last