remeedella
    remeedella's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

If anyones still awake... NJD vs NYR

The line is 4.5 and people keep talking about unders even though overs are hitting in all games, I dont feel this is a NYR vs WASHINGTON defence match up. I feel one team is gonna score at least 3 goals and prove themselves but over 4.5 sounds super cozy. Can anyone say why it would be an under???

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

I am going to wait a couple games before i start judging the totals in this series. I have been confused by NJD's PK in the playoffs so far since they were #1 in the nhl and completely dominant at around 90%. Will it get back to normal? who knows. It has been awful this playoffs but it was so dominant during regular season. I like to place more emphasis on recent events than distant past ones. But its still tough to know what you're getting. I expect goaltending to be solid. But Brodeur's age does concern me (not a whole lot, but a tiny bit). 4.5 is a low total. But i am heavily biased towards overs. I HATE playing overs. I have found that the public loves overs, and i have won far more unders and always get burnt on overs. So maybe im biased to comment because i hate playing overs. But that being said 4.5 is a low total. Is it juiced? I am laying off the totals until about game 3 after i assess how the teams have matched up. People say NYR is a defensive team, but i can recall several times against WAS where their defense pinched then got beat with an odd man rush. Also penalties and fighting is obviously less prevelant in the playoffs. Dont expect to see full line brawls. But if teams lose their discipline and start going nuts against each other causing a lot of penalties that can help the over. Who knows.

I am not playing totals in the first 2 games until after i see how the two teams match up in the first couple games.

remeedella

Pretty good.

My only explanation to playing 4.5 over is the fact that its 4.5, martin brodeurs confidence after the last few minutes of his last game just shotttt up. If NJD can throw in 3 goals when they always aim for 4 this coming game 1 then I am picking them and the over. Main reason, if there is any game where a lot of shots, a lot of goals are scored, its got a better chance of being the first game because both teams cant predict each other and they should both be going full strength

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Quote Originally Posted by remeedella View Post
    Pretty good.

My only explanation to playing 4.5 over is the fact that its 4.5, martin brodeurs confidence after the last few minutes of his last game just shotttt up. If NJD can throw in 3 goals when they always aim for 4 this coming game 1 then I am picking them and the over. Main reason, if there is any game where a lot of shots, a lot of goals are scored, its got a better chance of being the first game because both teams cant predict each other and they should both be going full strength
    My thoughts are THE SAME.

LET'S CASH IT!

remeedella

Hmm this is interesting, I had -1.23 for over 4.5 yesterday, now its over 5 at + 1.5, im gonna hit it even if they are trying to fool me, also the NJD line moved like nuts so people just starting tapping that