lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Panthers vs Devils thursday !

Love Florida here, they are a good team getting +160 on the road, reminds me of Pitt/phi game 1 where the hometeam was way overvalued.

endoplasm
    endoplasm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

The devils are the better team =P The panthers may be fine on the road and the devils' stadium is not as exhilarating as others(I know from personal experience being a devils fan myself), but the panthers had a good part of the season and it was the beginning. The devils have picked it up and have been proving their very strong team. There is a reason that the devils' odds are the most dominant of the night(in comparison to other games) and that's because they are going to win.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Quote Originally Posted by endoplasm View Post
    The devils are the better team =P The panthers may be fine on the road and the devils' stadium is not as exhilarating as others(I know from personal experience being a devils fan myself), but the panthers had a good part of the season and it was the beginning. The devils have picked it up and have been proving their very strong team. There is a reason that the devils' odds are the most dominant of the night(in comparison to other games) and that's because they are going to win.
    Panthers lost game 1 big(even though it ended 3-2) but still managed to keep it a hockey game, game 2 FLA won fairly easily, game 3 FLA fought back from a 3 goal deficit to win. i look for Panthers to carry the momentum and start out strong, whatever NJ does FLA seems to have an answer.

endoplasm
    endoplasm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Yes, FLA may have rallied back last game and with Brodeur not being as reliable as he used to be with Hedberg also not being so top class, it may seem as though the devils have been lacking depth during the full 60 minutes of a game. Their only win, they won only because of 3 early goals in the first period.

But this game is just as important to the Devils as it is to the panthers. Momentum can only mean so much in the playoffs as each team may gather up as much urgency and energy needed at any point in time. The devils must win at home to survive this round and this team has great lines. I just think that if they can get amped up for the full 60 minutes, they will be able to use their better overall lines.(in comparison to the panthers')

BUT... the +160 line for the panthers is an exceptional line. If I didn't personally consider taking the devils, it would be a juicy dog to take.

Still I take the devils to make a home stand and find the energy to finish the 3 periods with goals in each period. I just hope the goalies can keep some consistency.