lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Is this the worst 1st round in hockey history??

games are almost unwatchable. kings/canucks its like they'e playing keepaway, flyers/pens is a bunch of players who need to prove how tough they are.. only decent series are FLA/NJ and Ottawa/NY-disciplined, organized attacks at both ends.

infin80
    infin80's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5263

I think the Flyers/Pens games are entertaining and I don't even like either team.

Mitchthecrane
    Mitchthecrane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Are you serious? Have you watched any of the Chi/Pho series? 2 goals in 2 games both within 15 seconds of final, If that is not excitement then i do not know what it. Just wait till they get to the United Center the Coyotes will be out for blood on Shaw i cant wait to see what happens.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

yea loved the coyotes/blackhawks games

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

How can u not enjoy the penguins and flyers series?

Ethan1122
    Ethan1122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

The first 2 Flyers Pens games were super exciting. The Sens Rangers games sucks once the Rangers get a lead.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

fake tough guys on ice that penn series is a laugher

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    How can u not enjoy the penguins and flyers series?
    Double that.
    I want Pens to win so we get some more.

Old time Hockey!

lunch is out to lunch.........or losing!

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Only sucks because we'll have a bunch of losers in the Final which shows that hockey is not about "skill".

Lot of entertaining games except the West but who watches west games anyway they are all low scoring.

In the NBA these games would never happen which makes early rounds boring and only the "final four" is ever worth watching for. In the end people want to see the best teams and best players playing against each other and that usually does not happen in hockey.

I guess the cheap shots are fun to watch, players don't care because they don't get suspended so it will continue.

Ethan1122
    Ethan1122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Only sucks because we'll have a bunch of losers in the Final which shows that hockey is not about "skill".

Lot of entertaining games except the West but who watches west games anyway they are all low scoring.

In the NBA these games would never happen which makes early rounds boring and only the "final four" is ever worth watching for. In the end people want to see the best teams and best players playing against each other and that usually does not happen in hockey.

I guess the cheap shots are fun to watch, players don't care because they don't get suspended so it will continue.
    A bunch of losers in the Final? Why because the Pens and the Nucks will be gone? People will still watch the Final if it's Washington and LA or New York and St. Louis. They are not the best teams if they can't win a 7 game series.

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

Quote Originally Posted by infin80 View Post
    I think the Flyers/Pens games are entertaining and I don't even like either team.
    same here

Pride
    rally rally rally
    Pride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

two cup favorites going out in the first round is pretty shitty

ThinkingTrip
    ThinkingTrip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Pittsburg is no cup winning material.. Flyers made that pretty clear imo

k13

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan1122 View Post
    A bunch of losers in the Final? Why because the Pens and the Nucks will be gone? People will still watch the Final if it's Washington and LA or New York and St. Louis. They are not the best teams if they can't win a 7 game series.
    How many will watch? St Louis vs New York would be boring as shit even though its #1 vs #2 and NY market.

Memphis vs Atlanta would be a great NBA final don't you think?
    ANY team in the NHL can win a 7 game series regardless if they are the worst or the best team.
    I would take Anaheim right now in a 7 game series against all this crap in the West.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Looks like someone lost some coin on the pens.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

STL/LA in round 2 will be the most boring series in NHL history. 1-0 final every game. Under 5's will get juiced to -150 or higher or maybe we will see some 4.5s

k13

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    STL/LA in round 2 will be the most boring series in NHL history. 1-0 final every game. Under 5's will get juiced to -150 or higher or maybe we will see some 4.5s
    Then imagine phx/nashville on the other side.

No point in even watching the west.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Then imagine phx/nashville on the other side.

No point in even watching the west.
    Yeah most teams in the West that made it are trap teams : LA, STL, PHO, NAS (somewhat). VAN, SJ, CHI, and DET could all be gone in the 1st round so it could be an ugly semi-finals in the West. Would be much more entertaining with a VAN/CHI and SJ/DET semi-finals but fat chance of that happening now.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Yeah most teams in the West that made it are trap teams : LA, STL, PHO, NAS (somewhat). VAN, SJ, CHI, and DET could all be gone in the 1st round so it could be an ugly semi-finals in the West. Would be much more entertaining with a VAN/CHI and SJ/DET semi-finals but fat chance of that happening now.
    We have seen those matchups so many times. Its a changing of the guard now. Nothing wrong with good goaltending something all those trap teams have.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Doesn't get more entertaining than the Pen/Flyers series. Surely people prefer to watch that series than the painful VAN/LAK series.

Its a shame Pens might let this series end early - would be nice to get this to 6-7 games of hockey...and keep betting the OVER.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Pens and Fly are a hit!

The men who run the National Hockey League talk nobly about the importance of growing the game, and their reaction to Sunday’s Game 3 between the Penguins and the Flyers will serve as a crucial case study in how the league’s power brokers visualize its future.
    They arrived at their office Monday morning in Midtown Manhattan to the news that the overnight Nielsen ratings revealed the Flyers’ 8-4 victory against the Penguins was the most-watched non-Stanley Cup Finals game since 2002. The 2.3 rating — which equates to about 2.7 million U.S. households — also was the most watched since NBC retained the rights to NHL games in 2006.

k13

If Florida, Ottawa, Phx win this will the worst final 8 in hockey history. Has to be.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

maybe the most exciting playoffs in years. I am loving it. 100X more exciting than the NBA and MLB