a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

BTW if you didn't know, I'm a Sabres fan and I consistently read articles that the last few stanley cups and new years day games, the Sabres had either the third or fourth highest rating, only behind the two teams playing.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/b...-local-tv.html

Sabres miss the playoffs, have 2nd highest TV ratings even though 10 games were not shown on local TV due to Time Warner disputes.

There's your answer. A team that was in last place for a duration of the year, didn't have 10 games locally televised, and still finished second and missed the playoffs.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post

Sabres miss the playoffs, have 2nd highest TV ratings even though 10 games were not shown on local TV due to Time Warner disputes.

There's your answer. A team that was in last place for a duration of the year, didn't have 10 games locally televised, and still finished second and missed the playoffs.

Don't worry, nobody takes the OP seriously, so this is pretty much a useless thread. We all know NO Philadelphia fanatic of ANY team should be considered as the "best" fan in any sport. It's just a laughable notion.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: a4u2fear

Ethan1122
    Ethan1122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post

That's pretty impressive but I don't read into that to much. Teams like the Flyers and Sharks are only shown on comcast sportsnet for most of the regular season and post-season, meaning that you need comcast to watch a Flyers game. Even in the playoffs this year all games on NBCSN were blacked out in Philadelphia because comcast was also broadcasting it.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT

On January 3, 2009, the NHL reported that the overnight television ratings had increased 12% over the 2008 game. Nationally, the game had 2.9 overnight rating and a 6 share. In Chicago, Thursday's game drew a national high of an 11.8 rating and 21 share, with Detroit second at 10.5 and 21 (this despite that yet again, a Michigan-based team was playing in the Capital One Bowl opposite the Winter Classic—this time the Michigan State Spartans). Other above-average markets included Buffalo (whose 10.1 rating/20 share was comparable to Detroit's), St. Louis (5.3/10), Pittsburgh (4.4/8),

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Quote Originally Posted by frizzelli View Post
    I know the Detroit guys are pretty hardcore, but it's good to see these diehard passionate flyers fans. Griz. Stevejk and company have really impressed me with their loyalty and hockey knowledge I thought lacked in USA. Who has the best American fans?? From what I have seen I would have to lean towards Flyer fans.
    Hardcore rooster gobbling fat cheese steak eating slobs

First 1234