cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    , but if you're part of the mob it's probably the best.

Good list.
    ive been on both sides. just a lot of yap. what good fans should be....if i werent 6'+ i might have had a harder time.
    lotta lil dego/wops in south philly....

cecil127

Quote Originally Posted by hydrosmak View Post
    Buffalo should be in consideration however our crowd is lack luster even though the place is almost always sold out. They just sit and watch. Big issue really.
    was there for the flyers game nov 2. i do recall asking my buddy if they were normally that quiet. he said yes.

rach
    rach's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    As much apart of it as New York was in Philly.

Tell that to Illitch who is banking on selling 60k+ seats to Ontarians. Sorry if you're 14 (which would explain such a naive viewpoint) and you're hoping to see a sea of red jerseys. Leafs nation is probably 20 times the size of the Redwings' fan base.

Average regional Leafs games are watched by about 800k (and was over a million for Carlyle's first game) which is over 10 times the Detroit average.

Pittsburgh actually has the best TV market in the US... pretty good for the 22nd largest market in the NHL.

How's the Detroit economy doing these days? we might see 90% leafs fans at the Classic, lol.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by rach View Post
    Tell that to Illitch who is banking on selling 60k+ seats to Ontarians. Sorry if you're 14 (which would explain such a naive viewpoint) and you're hoping to see a sea of red jerseys. Leafs nation is probably 20 times the size of the Redwings' fan base.

Average regional Leafs games are watched by about 800k (and was over a million for Carlyle's first game) which is over 10 times the Detroit average.

Pittsburgh actually has the best TV market in the US... pretty good for the 22nd largest market in the NHL.

How's the Detroit economy doing these days? we might see 90% leafs fans at the Classic, lol.
    Talk about being 14, naive and ignorant. The Joe has been sold out for quite some time and we're called Hockeytown for a reason. I don't know if you recall but a game was played there albeit college in 2010 and it was a world record setting crowd. There is no doubt that Ontarians will travel, that being said, many in Canada are Wings fans based on success alone and proximity. Detroit's economy is doing fine, we bounce back unlike any others in the country. Bring our lunch pals to work and break out balls, doing the best we can. Don't even doubt anyone from Detroit.

MoreVodkaPlease
    MoreVodkaPlease's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOS ANGELES KINGS have the best fans ever in the world, there also the best team ever

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Flyers fans are basically "that drunk guy" in the stands * 15,000. They are all fat uneducated arrogant morons who stand in the stands like angry cave-men and yell "shoot it!", "hit somebody!", "shoot the puck!", "Booooooooo!!!!!", and "Fight him!" Flyers fans are NOT the best "american hockey fans." They are Flyers fans. A breed of their own. They will BOO even either own team, when, in their own caveman like mindset they feel their team has done them wrong.

Hope this thread was a joke, because that would better represent the Flyer fan-base.
    Last edited by PuckIt; 04-15-12 at 11:21 PM.

Ethan1122
    Ethan1122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

Quote Originally Posted by PuckIt View Post
    Flyers fans are basically "that drunk guy" in the stands * 15,000. They are all fat uneducated arrogant morons who stand in the stands like angry cave-men and yell "shoot it!", "hit somebody!", "shoot the puck!", "Booooooooo!!!!!", and "Fight him!" Flyers fans are NOT the best "american hockey fans." They are Flyers fans. A breed of their own. They will BOO even either own team, when, in their own caveman like mindset they feel their team has done them wrong.

Hope this thread was a joke, because that would better represent a Flyer fan.
    Spoken like a true butt hurt Pens fan. Here are some stats for you, Flyers fans always support there team and boo when they don't play to there potential. Pens fans just don't show up for the games when your team starts playing bad. The one year the Flyers didn't make the playoffs in the last 16 years was the 06-07 season when they still sold out games.

As seen here http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/year/2007

You let me know the last time you heard about a Philadelphia team being moved because of the lack of attendance, in the mean time think of a few short years ago when you guys were almost the Kansas City Pens.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below

Im still trying to think about a time when a Pittsburgh team left due to lack of attendance. If that were true the Pirates woulda left 15 years ago lol.

Quit basing your "facts" on something that "almost" happened. If those kind of stats are allowed Philly would have the most cup wins in NHL history

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    We are classy. Just don't be a dikk.
    Yes
    Philly fans very classy lol

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Im still trying to think about a time when a Pittsburgh team left due to lack of attendance. If that were true the Pirates woulda left 15 years ago lol.

Quit basing your "facts" on something that "almost" happened. If those kind of stats are allowed Philly would have the most cup wins in NHL history
    He isn't far off, base. That is why Mario bought the team essentially. He has done well with them.

Chicago is laughable too, they couldn't get people to watch the game or show up. Now they think they're the best fans on Earth. It's comical.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

i would have to argue that st. louis fans are one of the most knowledgeable in the u.s.

definitely not so rabid and crazy like other cities but we love our blues (and cardinals baseball) and are very passionate about the team and city
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: yisman

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

and id have to disagree with anyone who said kings fans.

for such a huge game tonight that crowd was weak imo. 1/2 the time the organ was playing and/or when cartman was chanting 'go kings go' the crowd barely followed along.

weak

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    We are classy. Just don't be a dikk.
    Yeah, like don't wear the wrong colors or cheer for the opposing team. You know, real dikk moves.

They just have a mob mentality there that triumphs over normal fans. I can talk hockey with any Flyers' fan one-on-one. Even one-on-two. But get a large group of them together and decency just goes out the window.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    Yeah, like don't wear the wrong colors or cheer for the opposing team. You know, real dikk moves.

They just have a mob mentality there that triumphs over normal fans. I can talk hockey with any Flyers' fan one-on-one. Even one-on-two. But get a large group of them together and decency just goes out the window.
    The typical Flyer fan:

nick86
    nick86's Avatar Become A Pro!

the penguins are the flyer's bitches

cecil127

The typical Flyer fan:

watching your team implode & down 3-0 really hurts, doesnt it?

GunnShow
    GunnShow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Talk about being 14, naive and ignorant. The Joe has been sold out for quite some time and we're called Hockeytown for a reason. I don't know if you recall but a game was played there albeit college in 2010 and it was a world record setting crowd. There is no doubt that Ontarians will travel, that being said, many in Canada are Wings fans based on success alone and proximity. Detroit's economy is doing fine, we bounce back unlike any others in the country. Bring our lunch pals to work and break out balls, doing the best we can. Don't even doubt anyone from Detroit.
    Many in Canada are Wings fans based on success and proximity?? You must be spending too much time in Windsor lol

Seriously though, while I don't agree that Leafs fans will make up 90% of the Classic next year, you're incredibly naive if you don't think at least 50-60%+ of the crowd will support the Blue and White.

Leafs fans are by far the most loyal in hockey: biggest NHL fan base by a large margin, highest revenue in the league year after year, consistent sell-outs despite ridiculously high ticket prices (highest in the league), all while not winning a cup since '67. (can you imagine if we had a successful team?)
    Don't worry about us Leafs fans, we'll pack the Big House next January.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Flyer fans booing their team up 5-4 and 2-0 in the series.....

They just know every Stanley Cup run ends the same way.....without a Stanley Cup.

Ethan1122

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Flyer fans booing their team up 5-4 and 2-0 in the series.....

They just know every Stanley Cup run ends the same way.....without a Stanley Cup.
    LOL show me when Flyers fan where booing there own team yesterday. All day all I heard was "Crosby Sucks" "Let's Go Flyers" and "You can't beat us" chants

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hope this thread was a joke, because that would better represent the Flyer fan-base.

Somebody's Ass is hurting from the buttfukking the Flyers are giving Shitsburgh.

bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

The Flyers and their fans believe their team carries a sort of legacy in the NHL, when in fact they aren't even an original six team.

It's another situation where they try to play my state is better than your state. NY>Pennsylvania for the record.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by TankHankerous View Post
    The Flyers and their fans believe their team carries a sort of legacy in the NHL, when in fact they aren't even an original six team.

It's another situation where they try to play my state is better than your state. NY>Pennsylvania for the record.
    Fukk out with this bullshit.

Flyers have a great history.

The 2nd highest all-time winning percentage among all franchises.

Flyers also the only team in the history of Hockey itself to go beyond just winning a Cup and actually transcending the sport itself--The Flyers won the Cold War.

No other franchise can make that claim.

Ethan1122

I thought you were a Pens fan? Now you are from New York?

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

A Pens fan? Nope, NYR fan here.

Might as well start calling them the Dakota Flyers. They will be moving to Fargo in 2013 to corner the mid-west market. Philly go home.

Ethan1122

A Pens fan? Nope, NYR fan here.

Might as well start calling them the Dakota Flyers. They will be moving to Fargo in 2013 to corner the mid-west market. Philly go home.
    lol ok. Flyers are in the top 5 of attendance every year, they are not going anywhere.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    Good tune, havnt heard that since high school

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

To the guy that said Toronto is the biggest there is has no idea what he's talking about. There are an avg of 800,000 viewers for leafs games, while there are 700,000 for habs games. but Toronto have a couple of million more people than MTL. every tv set in montreal is on the habs game, even though habs were never in it. MTL is mecca hockey capital of the world, not Toronto. Also, look at the attendances for this past yr. T.O is 5th, while MTL is 2nd.

1 Chicago 21,533
    2 Montreal 21,273
    3 Philadelphia 20,433
    4 Detroit 20,114
    5 Toronto 19,506

i am obsessed with reading every newspaper across U.S to see if they talk hockey, and Philly hardly talked hockey all yr, only now. Philadelphia loves their phillies 1st, 2nd Eagles, and flyers just a tad over Sixers. even philly sports radio all yr never talked about flyers, all eagles, phillies.. I know L.A hate hockey. today's LA times only mentioned Lakers and Dodgers, and 1 tiny paragraph about Kings up 3-0 in series. Their ratings this year were horrible. hardly anyone watched them. They couldn't care less there. Pittsburgh is a huge huge hockey town. STL likes their hockey. NYR tv ratings this year were horrible for a great team they had. The knicks tripled them. Boston loves their hockey. They're even ahead of celtics now, but it's a red sox town. hockey is also pretty popular is nashville, buffalo and washington, esp buffalo.. oh and MINNY is crazy for hockey. detroit loves hockey, but still way behind the lions and tigers. also, DET have tons of canadians living in DET, which helps. and the 3 cities that hate hockey the most. FLA, PHOE and LA. no one hardly watched, but SJ had bigger ratings than warriors and A's, but of course not the Giants. they killed everyone.

and finally chicago. not only did they lead in attendance this year, but i read an article in the tribune this week that no other team is sports has achieved this stat. in the last 5 yrs, the popularity of the hawks is close to 6x more than in 2007. they took a poll and saw that they are now ahead of bulls, white sox and believe it or not, the CUBS imagine that. of course not the bears. chicago's #1 sport there is by far the NFL. i am so proud of chicago.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan1122 View Post
    LOL show me when Flyers fan where booing there own team yesterday. All day all I heard was "Crosby Sucks" "Let's Go Flyers" and "You can't beat us" chants
    A few minutes after the Pens made it 5-4, Flyers had the puck and the Fans started booing.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
    To the guy that said Toronto is the biggest there is has no idea what he's talking about. There are an avg of 800,000 viewers for leafs games, while there are 700,000 for habs games. but Toronto have a couple of million more people than MTL. every tv set in montreal is on the habs game, even though habs were never in it. MTL is mecca hockey capital of the world, not Toronto. Also, look at the attendances for this past yr. T.O is 5th, while MTL is 2nd.

1 Chicago 21,533
    2 Montreal 21,273
    3 Philadelphia 20,433
    4 Detroit 20,114
    5 Toronto 19,506

i am obsessed with reading every newspaper across U.S to see if they talk hockey, and Philly hardly talked hockey all yr, only now. Philadelphia loves their phillies 1st, 2nd Eagles, and flyers just a tad over Sixers. even philly sports radio all yr never talked about flyers, all eagles, phillies.. I know L.A hate hockey. today's LA times only mentioned Lakers and Dodgers, and 1 tiny paragraph about Kings up 3-0 in series. Their ratings this year were horrible. hardly anyone watched them. They couldn't care less there. Pittsburgh is a huge huge hockey town. STL likes their hockey. NYR tv ratings this year were horrible for a great team they had. The knicks tripled them. Boston loves their hockey. They're even ahead of celtics now, but it's a red sox town. hockey is also pretty popular is nashville, buffalo and washington, esp buffalo.. oh and MINNY is crazy for hockey. detroit loves hockey, but still way behind the lions and tigers. also, DET have tons of canadians living in DET, which helps. and the 3 cities that hate hockey the most. FLA, PHOE and LA. no one hardly watched, but SJ had bigger ratings than warriors and A's, but of course not the Giants. they killed everyone.

and finally chicago. not only did they lead in attendance this year, but i read an article in the tribune this week that no other team is sports has achieved this stat. in the last 5 yrs, the popularity of the hawks is close to 6x more than in 2007. they took a poll and saw that they are now ahead of bulls, white sox and believe it or not, the CUBS imagine that. of course not the bears. chicago's #1 sport there is by far the NFL. i am so proud of chicago.
    ​Nickkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Flyers are easily the best fans in the US.

No other fan base is willing to go to such extreme levels of behavior in defense of their team than Flyers fans.

Other fans cheer their team. Others boo the opposition. Some do both.

But the level of animosity of the opposition and the willingness to go to a level of violence not seen anywhere else puts Philly fans over the top.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below

1 Chicago 21,533
    2 Montreal 21,273
    3 Philadelphia 20,433
    4 Detroit 20,114
    5 Toronto 19,506
    What do these stats represent? You say "attendances," but I don't see how that is an accurate description. Is it total seats in the arena? If so, that's a worthless stat to try to prove your point. The Pens have sold out every home game for five years straight.

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Nickkkkkkkay!!!!!!!!! Don't give a fuk about this thread anyway I only give a fuk that a livin legend as resurfaced Nickkkkkkay how the hell are you pal????

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

1 Chicago 21,533
    2 Montreal 21,273
    3 Philadelphia 20,433
    4 Detroit 20,114
    5 Toronto 19,506

Nicky dropping a truth bomb on everyone.

And it's true, Montreal is the best hockey city and it isn't even close. But then again, what else are they going to cheer for? The fukking Alouettes?

GunnShow
    GunnShow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Makes sense that their popularity has increased, considering they hadn't made the playoffs since 2001-2002 at that point.
    Oh and they were also 29th in the league in attendance (12,727) in 2006-2007. Funny what happens when you have a couple high draft picks and start winning hockey games

But Leafs fans sell at above capacity year after year and generate by far the most revenue in the league, even though they haven't won anything since '67, and you still don't think they have the biggest fan base?

You're delusional.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

philly has americas best fans for baseball and football too

First 1234 Last