dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Interesting playoff fact!

The team that won the season series wins the playoff series 77% of the time. Now I haven't looked then all up yet, but off the top of my head didn't Washington , Ottawa , and Philly win their season series against these -200s? Think it might be worth it to play all 3 of these dogs to win the series!

DMBcardinal
    DMBcardinal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 400

A lot of parity in the NHL. I think Pitt will win. Washington is the one to watch in my opinion.

eXon
    eXon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by dredmahawkus View Post
    The team that won the season series wins the playoff series 77% of the time. Now I haven't looked then all up yet, but off the top of my head didn't Washington , Ottawa , and Philly win their season series against these -200s? Think it might be worth it to play all 3 of these dogs to win the series!
    Philly could shock the Penguins, Washington could do the same to the Bruins, I doubt it though. But I just cant see Ottawa knocking out the Rangers.

dredmahawkus

Last year Montreal won the season series with the bruins....and in the playoffs took them to overtime of game 7 to beat them.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14044

nhl playoffs is all about GREAT not just good goaltending /myself bets down craig anderson/ottawa dont really trust fleury/pitts. at all/quick/la kings niemi/sharks /finally brodeur will prob. retire/truly great goalie in his day/ so my longshot 1st. rd. anyway/n.j.devils over fla./why not gl all

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Some other interesting playoff stats :
    - #1 seeds have a 73% winning percentage in the 1st round since 1993.
    - Average hits per game increases by 15.5 hits a game in the playoffs.
    - Goals per game doesn't drop as much as people think an average of 5.51 goals per game are scored in the playoffs.

dredmahawkus

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Some other interesting playoff stats :
    - #1 seeds have a 73% winning percentage in the 1st round since 1993.
    - Average hits per game increases by 15.5 hits a game in the playoffs.
    - Goals per game doesn't drop as much as people think an average of 5.51 goals per game are scored in the playoffs.
    That is interesting! You would think there is alot more 2-1 games.

Man I love playoff hockey!! It's the best sport to watch! Even better then playoff football! Every game they play so hard! I can't wait to watch Pitt/Philly tonight!!

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Quote Originally Posted by dredmahawkus View Post
    That is interesting! You would think there is alot more 2-1 games.

Man I love playoff hockey!! It's the best sport to watch! Even better then playoff football! Every game they play so hard! I can't wait to watch Pitt/Philly tonight!!
    Yup totally. I'm more excited for the PHI/PIT game than my Canucks game I think