Lippsman
    Lippsman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 429

It's that time again......The Lippsman split, with 1st round picks.

Tried and true and very much copied on the net too.

Betcha' you didn't know I was a poet ?

I started this back in the days of Q-Link, before it was called AOL. Posted it back in 1986 when you accessed online with a dial up modem.

The whole goal is to win the first dog play in series. But if you don't get that first game then you play for the split on the 2nd one. I look for at least a +120 payback. There can be no injuries to any of your 1st liners. You win the first one you walk away. You lose the first then play the dog in the 2nd one. Don't chase....don't chase....don't chase.

This is for the first two games in the series only.

This reason it works well most seasons if that in the NHL as most playoffs, the teams play a much better D than usual. So a lower scoring game gives a boost to the dog. Also being just the first two games the teams don't usually take any chances and err on the side of caution.

Now there are variations that I do not reccomend but they are out there and well.....they have been know to turn a profit.

1. Chasing the first game on a loss.......I hate chasing and it's too much of a risk.

2. If the dog wins the first game you take the fave in the 2nd one. I willl play this sometimes. But it's juiced more than -140. Which it usually is, then of couse I play the -1 line. You notice I didn't mention the regulation line. That's because there is just too much of a chance of OT in the playoffs. Don't play regulation lines. Play the -1.

You will notice this has a twinge of how I play the first few weeks of the season, by taking dogs of +120 or more. Don't forget that in pucks, home ice really doesn't mean squat. Use that to your advantage.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st round picks.

Here we go again. By all rights the Caps should be skipped here. But I think they take one game in Beantown.
    Philly +156
    Wings +120
    Kings +157
    Sens +160
    Caps +163
    Sharks +144

Not official split picks, playing for the split.
    Devils -115

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13998

really nice well-thought out stuff lippsman/as you well know nhl. playoff hockey begins w/ GREAT not just good goaltending /my top guy rite now w/my bets allready down is craig anderson /ottawa listen lipps. that damm fleury/penguins cannot be trusted /i bet sharks over blues la kings and n.j. devils /gl buddy

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Good luck Lippsman!

Lippsman

Very nice first night for the split, picking up two of the games.

Lippsman

Great to see you Sawyer.

Bump for the rest of the picks tonight.

Lippsman

Wings +105.

Yes it's not the +120 payback I look for, but it's still a positive payback.
    Again, don't chase here, just play for the split. But for the record, history tells us, chances are that the Wings lose this one are in the 61% range.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

A strategy as old as I, can't ignore this one

Lippsman

Today we have 2 plays.

Caps +165
    Sens +153

Hitting both is pie in the sky, but really think we can get one here.

Lippsman

The pie was in the sky, both hit.

Lippsman

Ok, here is the final tally for the 1st round of the split.

7-3 with a + 6.8 unit payback.

Now enjoy the rest of the first round and I will see you at the start of round 2