mikea33
    Why Canucks, why?
    mikea33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Two very square, but Chalk Locks........put up or shutup to win ....

Dont get carried away here fellas.

2 easiest bets of the playoffs.

Devils series vs Florida -190
    Vancouver -190

I got vancouver at 200 but i know some of you got better numbers due to variety of sites.

But thing is, I capped these 2 series deep as I saw that the others had no value, and some were a coinflip (I really have a strong lean to detroit, but idk if i can pull the trigger on the series rather than spot-playing them night to night)

Vancouver is obviously a lot better. Thing that worries me is they are -105 to win the west...but only -175 opening in the 1st series against an 8 seed? Worries me there.
    But the same mentality goes for the Devils. They are the 6 seed and Florida is the 3 seed. Devils are +550 or so to win the Eastern Conference........even though they fare well with Boston and Rangers, etc.
    Yet they are -200 area in a series they are the 6 seed playing a 3 seed. They dont have home ice.....yet there still big chalk.

Vancouver has a habit of playing down to their level of their opponent....but this is playoff hockey and they've been waiting for this day since last years stanley cup which they pushed to the 7th game.

Kings cannot match Vancouvers talent, speed, and gameplan. As long as they control the pace of the games, they could very well sweep the Kings.

I am not a Kings fan, I think there lucky they made in the playoffs, althought I really like Quick. He is the only saving grace for them. He will probably be fatigued....as he will not sit a game, and I think its right to say that Vancouver has the better chance of being all over the oppositions goalie (as a pose to the Kings being all over the Nucks) Unless he miraculously has a 95% save percentage, they will have a lot of trouble keeping up with the Nucks.

Dont talk about Luongo, he worries everyone, but he is a very solid vet. Not to mention they have Schneider.

Brodeur should continue to roll, along with the Devils. They are hot as hell and you need to ride the hot team in the playoffs....they won there last 6. FLorida went 2-8 in there last 10.

Florida has a solid home PP, but Devils have the #1 road PK. Not to mention a large advantage in advanced stats that are worthless to most, so I wont waste my time.

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

take the flyers and rags in a parlay wednesday.

mikea33
    Why Canucks, why?

Playoff hockey is a wonderful time to play the RIGHT chalk.

mikea33
    Why Canucks, why?

Also a wonderful to take underdogs in good spots, because books overemphasize the chalk "square" plays in games where the oppositon SHOULD be favored

mikea33
    Why Canucks, why?

And heres I look at it.............Both these teams (canucks and devils) have a great chance winning in 4,5 or 6.......but I dont think either will lose in 4,5, or 6. So if both (or either) series goes to 7...I would assume that both would be somehwat favorites which allows a hedge

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Thing that scares me about Florida is they have two goalies that could get hot, Clemensen was very hot to end the year and will probably get the game 1 nod. Theodore struggled towards the end, but could bounce back if he is called upon. I have Jersey to win the East at +1400 so will probaly just let that ride and pass on this series.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Nice value on Florida, LA Kings and Phoenix in my opinion. Will chase LA Kings in series, odds are great.

hydrosmak
    Update your status
    hydrosmak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 471

Like NJ as well. Just can't see Florida making it through the first round in their first playoff berth in over 10 years. They are lucky to even be in the playoffs with their end to the season.

mikea33
    Why Canucks, why?

Sawyer where ya been buddy? Glad to your see back

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

Quote Originally Posted by cecil127 View Post
    take the flyers and rags in a parlay wednesday.
    dolen' out the locks days in advance...

mikea33
    Why Canucks, why?

nice pick cecil. didnt have the set to play it.

i put more on vancouver due to line movement