SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Last i saw LTA was up 5 units on a 140 picks or so. So after three months he is up $500 lets say. Thats worth all the hassle of searching?
    LTA's units are $400-$450 a unit so he's up over $2,000.

Still the following remains:
    1) The season is not over
    2) LTA seems to do pretty well during the playoffs

Which still gives time to be up more then.

Despite all that it's pretty obvious that this season is an anomaly in many regards and he's not the only one who's struggled at times. Season is unpredictable due to shortened season and scheduling.

Pride
    rally rally rally
    Pride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

i havnt paid too much attention to the nhl this year but i plan to go hard during the playoffs.

i enjoy the idea of making a thread and posting picks but im too lazy to keep one going

CrazyCarl
    CrazyCarl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2162

Shouldn't give people with larger units credit for having larger profits, necessarily. It should be about who profits the most units. I can vouch that DennisGreen is on an absolute roll, and Wallco seems to be quite profitable as well, though that's a system and not really capping, so if you dislike systems it's probably not your thing.

Who are the 3 NBA cappers that you were talking about? I've searched for some good NBA cappers here who share for free and haven't found one that I was too excited about.
    Last edited by CrazyCarl; 04-03-12 at 12:55 AM.

Quagmire27
    Quagmire27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Quote Originally Posted by H1Cypher View Post
    with out a doubt better than most of the NHL cappers here. Results on the multiple threads proves my point.

So many of the cappers on this NHL board put out multiple picks a day. Chase losses, have bad organizing skills... and basically put up so many picks and have records so close to 50% that if you were flat betting alot of these guys you'd be broke.

yet I see plenty of good cappers in the NBA forum. I'd love to be proven wrong and be pointed in the direction of a good consistent NHL capper on this board.
    only hockey advice i can attempt is... try to only bet for and against 1 team in NHL, the team you get on local tv, make bets after you watch the local pregame, very telling.

xxx
    xxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28246

here are my final numbers, january was my best month when i hit 61% of my plays. as a matter of fact many nhl cappers had a good january month before tanking. my numbers improved from last year and i hope i show a little improvement next year. i got to mention lsusports who had about 100units in nhl before disapearing.

Last edited by xxx; 04-03-12 at 01:47 AM.

SlickRick1382

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Shouldn't give people with larger units credit for having larger profits, necessarily. It should be about who profits the most units. I can vouch that DennisGreen is on an absolute roll, and Wallco seems to be quite profitable as well, though that's a system and not really capping, so if you dislike systems it's probably not your thing.

Who are the 3 NBA cappers that you were talking about? I've searched for some good NBA cappers here who share for free and haven't found one that I was too excited about.
    My reply was in direct reference to Lakerboy who suggested that LTA's time wasted researching, etc was futile since he made a measly $500.00 which was inaccurate.

Secondly unit should have importance. Unlike others who play 5, 10, 20 unit plays, LTA only does 1 unit plays with the occasional 1.5x or 2X. If you don't think unit size is importance then you're just giving more credence those who play ridiculous unit sizes.

Furthermore, I see threads where the minimum bet is 5 units. So you're telling me that a guy who is up 25 units for the season and has a standard play of 5 units is a better capper or more profitable than someone up 6 units using a 1 unit system?

Of course not since in actuality the guy up 25 units is only really up 5 units.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

NHL is the only sport I am up in right now. Let's see what MLB brings.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14174

after all that /i simplified it finally/have won the nhl wkly.sbr contest 3 times /take every team w/plus 1.5 goals occasionally ml also /totals//take over 5.5 and under 5.0 /if bookie allows buy .5 goals at times /think aboyt it your team has 2 goals now other team has to beat you by 3 goals/how often does that happen/tonite 04/03/12 looked this up /j.hedberg /devils goalie confirmed/2-0 /w0.50 gaa.vs.isles/renne 8-3 vs. minn. /throw in niemi /sharks and my beloved tor.maple leafs w/rookie in goal to rise from the ashes and fuk up buffalo just for the hell of it /

the josh
    yes, im gay
    the josh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

why do people type like that? ^^^ i cant even understand wtf hes saying

CrazyCarl

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick1382 View Post
    My reply was in direct reference to Lakerboy who suggested that LTA's time wasted researching, etc was futile since he made a measly $500.00 which was inaccurate.

Secondly unit should have importance. Unlike others who play 5, 10, 20 unit plays, LTA only does 1 unit plays with the occasional 1.5x or 2X. If you don't think unit size is importance then you're just giving more credence those who play ridiculous unit sizes.

Furthermore, I see threads where the minimum bet is 5 units. So you're telling me that a guy who is up 25 units for the season and has a standard play of 5 units is a better capper or more profitable than someone up 6 units using a 1 unit system?

Of course not since in actuality the guy up 25 units is only really up 5 units.
    You misunderstood my point. Obviously someone who bets from 5-100 units per bet should not be taken very seriously. My point was that you shouldn't fault someone who is doing well under a reasonable system just because he has a smaller unit (i.e. a $20 unit bettor vs a $200 unit bettor). Looking at their unit profits should be a much better way to gauge them than net profit.

Even if you aren't going by units, people can still do the crap you said. Even if I don't call them units, but I bet $1000 per game, and chase it for 20 games, I can pretend I'm good.
    Last edited by CrazyCarl; 04-03-12 at 09:20 AM.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

You misunderstood my point. Obviously someone who bets from 5-100 units per bet should not be taken very seriously. My point was that you shouldn't fault someone who is doing well under a reasonable system just because he has a smaller unit (i.e. a $20 unit bettor vs a $200 unit bettor). Looking at their unit profits should be a much better way to gauge them than net profit.

Even if you aren't going by units, people can still do the crap you said. Even if I don't call them units, but I bet $1000 per game, and chase it for 20 games, I can pretend I'm good.
    Exactly why all my plays in all sports are graded as one-unit per play without a scaling system.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

On any given night Columbus has a chance to win - Bobcats - Not so much....

CrazyCarl

Quote Originally Posted by Carl
    What this guy said.

SlickRick1382

So how about someone who flat bets 5 units per game. All their plays are 5x but their unit size is $20
    vs someone who flat bets 1 unit per but but their unit is $400

Capper 1 is up 20 units
    Capper 2 is up 6 units

I stick by my point that in some cases it does matter to an extent . The person who isn't a 5-100 unit bettor but just consistently bets 5x units a game should really be betting 1 unit a game at $100 rather than 5 units at $20. Chances are they do so to make themselves look better.

In the end it's obvious that unit profit is the right way to look at it, I never said otherwise. I'm simply stating that in certain cases unit sizes do come into play for context.

abv
    abv's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think everyone is missing the obvious answer here: parity. The hard salary cap in the NHL has resulted in an exceedingly level playing field for all teams, where the worst team in the league can have a dominating game against the best team and no one is screaming "fixed!" You can't say the same for basketball which is why you get insane ML juice like -1800 sometimes, simply because it is often that one team has almost no shot of defeating the other. Part of the reason for that is because hockey requires far more team depth than basketball where the same few guys can take over the game and be in for 40-50 mins or upwards of 70-80% of the entire game. The most you'll ever see in hockey is about 30 mins from a top defenseman, and even then it still requires a combined effort from nearly 20 players a side.

Hockey has many reasons to be a less predictable game than basketball so the OP may have accidentally stumbled on a solid point in that, but that only emphasizes how good the NHL cappers are for having the success that they do. It's without a doubt a harder game to cap, so let's cheer on those who manage to make it work.

First 12